“Lovely hotel, perfect location, friendly staff”

Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace
Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Arrived on the 11th July 2014 at 2.15 am. Myself, my partner, my son and his friend (both 16). Thomas Cook told us transfer was about 90 minutes. It was actually two and a half hours. The same going back to the airport.

Got upgraded to a corner suite with a sea view in the main hotel. Two large rooms sharing one entrance, but each having a balcony, TV and bathroom. Many thanks to the hotel for this upgrade. The room was kept lovely and clean by Sunay, who often left towel/sheet scupltures on our beds. The air con worked well, although a little noisy. The view was amazing, but if I am totally honest the rooms are very dated and do need refurbishment, but were comfortable for our week's stay. Safe was cheap enough, about £1.50 a day. We paid through Thomas Cook when booking for a late check out room until 10.00 pm (although only needed until 6.30 pm) and this only cost £41.00 and was well worth it on our last day.

Position of hotel is great. About 25 minute walk (in the heat) to Icmeler, which was lovely and we only walked about 25 minutes the other way bringing us just to the start of Marmaris. Taxi boats from the hotel and dolmus from the front of the hotel get you to Marmaris within 10 minutes. Both very cheap.

The staff were all very friendly, from reception desk to cleaners. All the bar staff/waiters were friendly and helpful. They would often bring drinks to our table to save us going up to the bar ourselves. We met Speedy on our first day. He was lovely. You will know him as soon as you see him. Also a big hello to the Shisha pipe man. A lovely, friendly man and we partook a couple of times, as did many other guests.

The food was generally of a good quality and I would say the 4* rating for this hotel was fair in this regard. Always plenty of choice and always seemed hot. Lovely omlettes and pancakes at breakfast. Did not use the a la carte's. Drinks are okay and again I would say the 4* rating was fair in this regard. Nothing was ever measured EXCEPT when my partner decided to pay for a top shelf drink (at a cost of about £4.50 so quite expensive), the whisky was measured!!!! The free cocktails were fine and the Effes beer is great. Alcohol is served until midnight in most bars, but until 12.30 am in the lobby bar then after that the lobby bar serves soft drinks for free but alcohol is paid for until it starts again at 10.00 am. You only have to read up about the hotel to see what is included and what is not, so we did not have any surprises and the ice cream/waffles/popcorn/candy floss you could buy extra were all very reasonable. Pizza's from the Pine Bar were great, as were the burgers. Served 12.00 pm to 4.00 pm. They also came round the beach every day with fresh water melon. Ice cream is free from the restaurant (inside where the desserts are) from 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm every day.

Public areas in the hotel were lovely, especially the cool lobby. Wi-fi accessible through large parts of the hotel. Always clean.

We did not use the pool, as this was always busy. Lots of children and lots of sunbeds crammed in very close to each other. The "relax" pool seemed pretty much the same so did not use that either. We preferred the beach and the hotel has made the beach area very nice. The jetty is lovely too, but no shade on there so only for the serious sunbathers!! Due to the number of pine trees (whick make the area look beautiful), the pools/beach do start to get quite shady after about 3.00 pm and people have to move around a lot. This is usually the time most people head to the jetty. Beach towels were great and easy to exchange every day. Generally as far as sunbeds were concerned, the "best" ones were always reserved, don't know what time from as did not get up at stupid o'clock to find out, but we always found a bed, even at midday. Some of the beds on the beach were in need of repair. The beach was always kept clean and tidy.

Megan the rep was great. Always a friendly presence. Went to the short and sweet welcome meeting and just asked her a couple of things during our stay and she was always happy to help. The Thomas Cook trips do appear expensive as usual. We did the Dalyan trip on the "Orca" boat from Marmaris which was amazing. Pretty much a 12 hour round trip, with lunch included and reasonably priced food and drink available as well and it only cost £16.00 each. Thomas Cook wanted £35.00 each.

My son and his friend used the jet skis and we also went on "Mable", kind of a inflatable settee which gets pulled behind a speed boat. Great fun and cost about £9.00 each. We bought the CD of the photographs (a Photographer is on the boat when you are taken out) and this cost about £20.00 but was well worth it. We are still laughing now.

All in all I would say this is a very family orientated hotel, probably more so for small children. Evening entertainment was quite good with various different shows. Did not experience the day time entertainment. Did not use the Beach Club either but this looked nice, but drinks are extra.

We loved the area of Icmeler but the transfer from the airport is simply too long and unfortunately this would probably put us off coming to this area again (apparently even a private taxi transfer is 75 minutes), but as far as the hotel was concerned, we had a very enjoyable stay and I would recommend it for families.

We had the Turkish bath and massage on our first day and would definitely recommend this.

Thomas Cook flight was okay. Not much leg room as usual but the added bonus of inflight entertainment, which I have not had on a short haul flight for ages.

Final points are that there are quite a lot of wasps, but there were four of us and we never got stung, but some people did. Unfortunately this is the price to pay being in such a lush area. If you keep your cool, they will probably leave you alone. Also the Russians. There are loads of them. They did not overly bother us and if you stand your ground they will not push in, but as far as some people saying the Russians get preferential treatment, I did not see this and in fact I felt that the hotel staff resented the Russians due to their rude and arrogant manner. There was a physical fight with punches thrown and screaming and shouting in the hotel between two Russian men (from a group of four who had made their presence known by acting like louts earlier in the week) in the early hours of the morning waking just about every one on Level 3 of the hotel, but it would appear that they were told to leave the hotel and we did not see them again.

Thanks again to Marmaris Palace for a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank NOTTSCO_9
grandyazici, Yönetici at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

thank you so much for your nice feedback after your stay in Club Marmaris Palace. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you soon again. Best regards.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Me and fiancé stayed at the grand yazici marmaris palace from the 23rd-30th June this year. We loved every second there was always something to eat and always something to do. I stayed at this hotel with my family about 15 years ago with family and once again loved it. The amphitheatre, animation team and shows are out of this world we saw 3 of them and were amazed at how good they were. The Thomas cook reps could not have done any more for us and their recommendations regarding the trips were also spot on. We went to see the turtles in dalyan and also the drag show in marmaris which I never thought that I would enjoy after being dragged by the other half so many laughs and I was star of the show. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone of all ages as there is plenty to do from the kids club to crazy gold to the a la carte restaurant.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Dale

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Our check in was quick and our room was fine.
The entertainment pool was busy but we always got sunbeds, the hotel has a rule that you can't reserve beds before 8am which is a great idea.
Food was lovely but the restaurant got very busy. The waiters are excellent but they seem to have too many tables to look after. I would recommend going for food early as the tables weren't always spotless the second time round.
The pizzas, pasta and burgers at the snack bar between 12-4 were fab and most people got these instead of going to the restaurant. The queue for the pizzas was long though and some guests were taking food back to sunbeds instead of eating at one of the many free tables. The cleaner at the pool was great and he was very quick picking up after thoughtless guests. If getting a drink, drink it! They seem to attract wasps especially the soft drinks.
The pools were very cold,the sea was actually warmer. What the hotel has done with the man made beach is great. The sea is turquoise and clear, and because it's deep (there's steps down to it) there's no horrid seaweed. We were nervous about our 6 year old in the sea who can swim but the lifeguard on the beach has a rack of free to use life jackets which is a brilliant extra. There are floats to swim out to and sunbathe on. This was our favourite thing to do. The sunbeds on the decking are great for those who wish to sunbathe and those on the beach are brill for those who wish to relax in the shade. And for those who hate sand like us, the man made stuff is great.
Kids clubs (Thomas Cook and hotel) are good. Girls wanted to go in more than what we wanted them to!
All Bar staff are brilliant. We spent our 2nd week at the relax pool and the barman there was superb!
Our room cleaner, well I have never had a hotel room cleaned as good as it before. Absolutely fantastic! Everyday she made beautiful decorations on our beds (room 543) putting childrens nightclothes on their teddys, children loved coming to their room at the end of the day to see what she had done next! She was lovely too, waving at the children and always smiling.
The manager walks round frequently asking guests if they are ok and checking on service, this is something we have never seen before on holiday.
Good value for money hotel.

Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Sarah M

Dear Sarah,

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Ok will try to be as in depth and honest as i can be here. This was our second trip to Turkey after going to Marmaris a couple of years ago. We previously stayed at Grand Passa so this hotel had a lot to live up to as we really enjoyed our time there. The Marmaris Palace was a hotel we used to pass on our walks along the beach front to Icmeler and it always looked really good so we decided to book up. Our family group consisted of my wife and I and our two kids aged 3 and 15. We were also with my sister in law who had two 10 year old girls so it was a wide ranging group. Marmaris Palace is at a brilliant spot right on the front between Marmaris and Icmeler. We walked into Icmeler along the beach front many times for the beach and shopping and its a lovely walk although the taxi boat stops outside and bus service is regular and cheap.
When we arrived at the hotel we had been put at opposite end from hotel grounds from rest of family with us being up the back and rest down front having sea view, i have to say this was sorted out no problem at reception with the help of the lad who takes your luggage to your room so that was a good start.
The hotel itself i cant really fault, there are plenty staff who are constantly maintaining the grounds and keeping the place spotless, our maid service was fantastic with bedding changed daily and the place was cleaned up great. Room was maybe a bit on the small side but we are not a family with high expectations so it done us fine, nice bathroom with hot running water that never went cold. I didn't find things very noisy at night and my kids slept soundly every night so no complaints there either. The pools are big and spotless but I give advice here, get down early and get your beds booked as its gets busy and you have no chance of a bed later on around either pool if you don't get them booked. I was first down every morning as i wake up really early so it wasn't an issue for me but i did see some problems for others due to some not so nice Russian guests.There is however plenty of sun loungers at the beach/ jetty which has a more relaxed feel than the pool.
In relation to the food, I would say it was ok. Breakfast and lunch isn't as busy as dinner, and there is always something you can eat but there is also a separate thing on between 12-4 that does pizza, burgers, hotdog and chips etc which my older boy used most days as did i to save leaving the pool. As said though dinner time can be frustrating when the hotel is busy as its a massive cue where everyone is out for themselves. It wouldn't have bothered us on our own but when you have a younger kid waiting on their dinner to come back it can be a bit frustrating.
The bars are run well and with plenty helpful staff on, they work hard at serving you as quickly as possible so i cant say anything bad there at all. At the main pool bar you will meet Speedy who is very well known amongst the guests. He is a character and is full of life but if a full on character isn't what your after I wouldn't recommend sitting around the seats beside that bar in the evening. My little girl thought he was great and he is clearly part of the furniture at the Palace. One little warning with regards to the restaurant is, there are loads of wasp type things flying about at the outside tables, they don't seem to bother anyone and just want at any drinks or spills etc but we always took a table inside as it freaked the kids out.
The entertainment is a mixed bag, there is something on every night from 10pm and some is ok some not so good but we have experience of hotels where there isn't anything so i aint complaining. Early evening is the kids entertainer where all the kids do the little dances every night but I warn you its the same thing 7 nights a week and you find yourself singing the songs in your sleep lol. I will say they seem to struggle a little at this part with the different nationalities and considering its a repetitive act it could be run and organised a little better but this is not a big issue.
There is a fun team that go about with green tops on during the day and who organise all the games etc. If i am honest I didn't really rate them and found a couple of them quite annoying but that's just my personal opinion. They seemed to get quite good participation in their games and I couldn't fault their effort.
Kids-club seems to run quite good and they have quite good facilities with their own little separate pool etc. I didn't think it was the best programme available for the kids but it was enough. We had mixed feelings on the kids reps and how motivated they were to get really involved with the kids but they still all seemed nice people and we had no concerns about our child's welfare.
The hotel has quality assurance type people going about every day making sure everything is ok and the Manager Ossie, is always doing the rounds everyday. I read a couple of reviews that he wasn't helpful or not very keen on UK guests, well i can tell you honestly that's crap, my little one got sick and he was great with us right through till end of holiday always checking how we were.The doctor and nurse were also very helpful during this, the nurse called the doctor who arrived at the hotel within the hour and personally drove us to the hospital to allow our daughter to see a paediatric doctor. He also dealt with Russians getting too big for their boots very well. I must add, the staff at the hotel also helped me mark my wife's birthday helping me decorate a table and they left a little thing in our room wishing her a happy birthday which was a nice touch they didn't have to do.
I have read negative reviews about the air con but this was not an issue for us, kept the room cool all day/ night.

Room Tip: If you are getting one of the bungalows, get one of the 600's as they are sea view as some are a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank KevandDani_B

dear Kevand

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Our family holiday was great for the 1st half of the week.
Then BANG!
We wanted some information from (MEGAN) our Thomas Cook rep. She was so awful. Either stupid ignorant arrogant or all three. She left us standing in the lobby for half an hour while she was in the office with Ozgur (pronounced "Ozzie") which appeared and sounded very unprofessional and flirtatious (reminded me of an 18-30s show that Comes on tv. When we only wanted information on where is best to go for site seeing and trips for the children. She then came out and said oh please come later. It was 44deg, she should have said if she didn't have the time for guests.

This hotel prioritises Russians. British people should avoid this hotel as any holiday these days is a luxury and to be made to feel like a second class citizen on holiday is despicable.

My children were afraid most of the holiday too as the wasps are around the pools in their dozens and yes they were stung too. Not to mention the man that walks around the pools he becomes extremely close for comfort. The hotel beautician (or so called) man and woman are so offensive they slaughtered my partner into feeling insecure about him self to get some treatments, as I said no it's ok if we want one we will pop down before we leave. He then drew me an offensive look and slammed his folder closed stormed away in an aggressive manner. Leaving me feeling uneasy

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Tb941

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking time to share your precious comments.

We are very proud to have your nice comments; at the same time so sorry not to be able to provide you with a perfect stay.

It was a pleasure to meet you and we really hope to welcome you again to meet and beyond all your expectations.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I booked this holiday with my boyfriend last year before i knew i was pregnant. I am now 32 weeks and must say i was abit worried about how i would cope in such heat! On arrival the thomas cook rep (megan) was really attentive. Throughout our weeks stay she made sure i was comfortable and was really helpful and gave me alot of good advice on the area and how to get around. The food was also incredible especially as im limited as to what i can eat, which is also really good value for money. I ended up having a really memorable holiday and a much better holiday than i anticipated and i think my boyfriend appreciated the help we got and was grateful to not have a grumpy gf all holiday! Hopefully we will return next year, with little one in tow! Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Rachael90chris

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend (24 & 25) have today arrived back from this lovely hotel set up on the beach almost smack bang inbetween icmeler and marmaris.

To put the title of the review into perspective, last year we went to Sahra Su Hotel in Fethiye where we had an amazing time! In comparison, this hotel was HUGE! Almost too big. So many guests meant finding a dinner table was a bit of a struggle and forget getting a sun lounger by the main pool if you don't get up at the crack of dawn. Thankfully, there is a smaller, more chilled pool (with far less children) situated a little closer to the beach, and the hotel also owned part of the beach and a jetty, which always had spare loungers and was the best place to sunbathe.

Food was fantastic!!! I heard a British woman moan that there was "nuffink she could eat here". She must only ever eat McDonald's or KFC as fast food chain meals were pretty much the only thing missing. Fresh fish, grilled chicken, salad, chips, calamari, fajitas etc etc absolutely loads of choice for everyone. Pizza and burger bar open from 12.30 - 4pm for those who didnt fancy sitting and eating in the restaurant which was great for us as we did tend to stick to chilling by the beach.

All inclusive very good. Some other reviews are complaining?? I'm confused. So much lovely food, available throughout the day. Drinks are good, bottled water and cocktails included, just be sure to ask if you want them a little stronger! I had to constantly ask a barman called Ugurcan to add more alcohol to dranks as he practically poured in a thimble per cocktail. No problem getting drinks for you and a partner/friends.

Our problem with the place was not the Russians, many have made out they were a nightmare, (although I would much rather listen to them than most of the moaning Brits in the hotel) but the fact that there were so many kids. This was even before the start of the summer holidays in most British primary schools!!!

The entertainment was aimed towards everyone, (acrobats, burlesque dancing, chinese circus) and they did try and put on boat partys and discos for those a little older, but the problem was, we were practically the only couple in our early/mid 20's in the whole hotel (around 1000 people) and definitely one of the only ones without kids.

This made it fairly difficult for us to interact with a lot of the hotel 'fun club'/entertainment team, and more animated staff (speedy) as they mainly stayed up by the overcrowded/hectic kiddy pool, which left us feeling fairly disconnected from the hotel and the day entertainment that was on offer.

We did have a really good time and we felt we did pay a fair price for what we got. We only really planned on catching a tan and chilling out which we were easily able to do, but due to the family environment can't see us ever returning.

Thank you to hotel staff for leaving a card and cakes in the room for my girlfriends birthday, really appreciated and a lovely gesture considering the size of the hotel.

Man who sells shisha was very lovely and works very hard.

As a tip - icmeler is very boring, marmaris a lot better for nightlife, casual drinks and shopping (cheaper).

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank JoeyBarton1000

Dear Joey;

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

It is the most important thing for us to make sure that we were able to provide our guests with a nice stay.

We would be very happy to welcome you in Marmaris again!

Best Wishes

Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Aqua
Marmaris Park Hotel
Marmaris Park Hotel
#12 of 77 in Icmeler
Casa De Maris Spa & Resort Hotel

Been to Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace? Share your experiences!