“Great hotel”

Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace
Ranked #20 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our first to Turkey and won't be the last
Just arrived back and had a wonderful holiday . Can't fault hotel and staff . Hotel was clean and staff very helpful and friendly.
We travelled as a family of five and had a 2 bedroomed room in main building of hotel with a beautiful sea view. (No 321)
Food was excellent . I've done all inclusive before and found the standard of food very average . This was by far the best I've been to . Always a good choice for all . Buffets great and pizzas during daytime were a real hit with the kids.
Beach towels are provided and swapped for clean ones every day and no deposit was required. So no need to pack them , saving room in your luggage.
Used spa on first day for Turkish bath and would highly recommend it . Very clean and professional. My husband used the salon for a shave as a treat and this was a good price and highly recommended.
All in all we would definitely return to the Marmaris Palace and Turkey again .

Room Tip: Rooms in main building on higher floors have sea views . Ours was no 321
1  Thank Suzanne D
grandyazici, Yönetici at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Club Marmaris Palace during your recent trip to Marmaris. Our team always strives to ensure our guests’ needs are taken care of and we are glad that we had the opportunity to do this for you.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my partner recently stayed at hotel. We had an amazing holiday and the hotel was brilliant. Stunning!!! However a few things we did feel let down by was .. Sunbeds.. This was a big issue for us! You have no chance getting a bed at any of the pools if you are not there extremely early! Very selfish people were putting towels down on various beds early in morning and not actually coming to the pool until afternoon! This is not on, myself and partner could not get a bed at all! Another hotel we stayed in last year did not stand for this at all. It was a first come first serve basis.. No holding. If towels were hold then staff would take them off!!! Second thing was dinner time. Found it hard at times to get a table and had to wait ages in ques for your food, however a few days into our stay we realised if we got there a little before 7pm there wasn't a problem! ... Other than these 2 issues I could not rate this Hotel higher!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Hannah W
grandyazici, Yönetici at Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Hannah ,
Thank you so much for your nice feedback after your stay in Club Marmaris Palace.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We travelled as a young family me and my partner and my four year old daughter. We booked a week before and the hotel on a package deal via Thomas Cook On-line, From speaking to other guests we know now that we saved ALOT of money doing it this way.

Dalaman Airport and Transfer.

On arrival at Dalaman Airport we got our luggage fast! Please remember to purchase your Turkish Visa On-line as this will save you money. I think they were £20 at the Airport as opposed to the £12. We waited about an extra 20 minutes for our Buggy but found out that they put them to one side so please do look around the whole of the carousel.

We opted for the Private Transfer which we booked in advance through DM transfers, they were fantastic. Picked us up on arrival and departure on time. I would highly recommend the Private transfer link as it was only £90 (cheaper than Thomas Cook) we were at Club Marmaris within an hour and twenty minutes. We had unpacked had a look round etc.
when we seen the Thomas Cook Transfer Coach arrive will follow travellers from our plane.The private transfer saved us Around £30 and two hours worth of travel which with a four year old who had just travelled a four hour plane journey was a god send.

Accommodation:

We also had a similar problem like others with the room mix up. It was frustrating but after reading previous reviews expected it. We did get moved to a room in the hotel which we were more than happy with plus the staff helped us out with luggage. Depending on your room number you may even have a chance to have a ride on there luggage buggies.

Otherwise hotel was super clean and the maid service was perfect. Air Conditioning was also fab!

The Thomas Cook rep (Megan) was lovely and helpful, The welcome meeting is useful for some tips on the hotel and two useful maps other than that it is pretty much a sales pitch on excursions.

Thomas Cook Kids Club(3-12):

First off all the Kids Club team were fantastic! All were incredibly welcoming. I was more than happy to leave my little girl with them knowing she was safe and most importantly having an amazing time.

There were sessions running everyday except one day and one morning per week.
The unpaid sessions were two hours long and involved arts and crafts/aqua club (non swimmers can attend) and talent shows.

The paid sessions were three hours long were £10 each. My little girl attended the chocolate party (kids running round covering each other in nutella - My advice put them in a swimsuit) Halloween party and a Superheros party. Two of the paid parties were at night and one was in the afternoon. If you paid for all three as they are on a week rota you get the parties for £25 which is more than reasonable.

The park near the Kids club is great, plus the small pool outside the kids club which they use for daily sessions is great for little ones aswell as its lovely shaded area.

We did spend most of the day near the pool therefore a good idea is to bring a few changes so they can pop into kids club then back into the pool without having to go back to your hotel room every couple of hours because in the intensity of the heat and how large the complex is can feel like a real journey!

Sunbed Tips:

If you want to get a great poolside loungers you need to be down putting towels out for 7/8, although there is a rule not towels before 8 i never seen this
enforced. Nearly everyone put towels down then went up to breakfast. This really annoyed me at first but then figured out if you cant beat them join them!

Location and travel:

Marmaris Palace is in the perfect spot. Absolutely loved the hotels location. water taxis charged 10lire per Adult per trip and children go free. Water Taxis go to both Ichmeler and Marmaris from directly from the bay outside the hotel. takes approx 25 mins to Marmaris and 10 Minutes to Ichmeler.

Walking to Ichmeler ( 25 miuntes) and Marmaris (1.30hrs) is possible but in the heat highly recommend a buggy for little ones, even though our daughter is 4 we took her in the buggy as its hardwork for them walking in the heat.

There is also the Dolmbus which we used towards the backend of our holiday and tbh i wish we used it sooner, its much cheaper at only 2.50 lire each for Adults for any distance. They travel to both Ichmeler and Marmaris and you can easily recognise them by there colours. They don't have set stops as such or pick ups, therfore you can flag them down anywhere and when your ready to get off just shout stop!

Taxi into Marmaris costs us about 25 lire and there is a small taxi rank outside of the hotel just after security, there's also a phonebox and a cash machine which offers a very good exchange rate just outside of the hotel.

Another handy way of saving your pennies are to get the pick up and drop off shuttles that most of the restaurants offer. They are free as they are desperate for your business! even just getting one to the restaurant then getting different transport back to the hotel will save you money in the long run.

Both Marmaris and Ichmeler are lovley but Ichmeler is much more traditional than Marmaris. Marmaris is pretty mental so prepare yourself for that, the roads are pretty crazy they dont really have crossing systems. watch out for mo-peds and bikes as they seem to pop out of nowhere.

All inclusive Food:

Breakfast is repetitive and not very British by that i mean healthy! most of it is consists of piles of Ham and cheese and what we called 'Mystery meats' lots of fresh fruits and natural yoghurt, The best but for me is the scrambled egg and the pancakes. One things for certain is you wont get a full English Breakfast here.
Pine bar offers the most amazing cheese and meat pizzas between the hours of 1-4, you can also get cheese and hamburgers nearby.
Theres noting except cake and drinks between 4-7 which we found slightly annoying. only thing on offer was the waffles and icereams which were on sale.

Wasps are very very very annoying, we started to eat inside after awhile.

Water Sports:
Water sports are at the front of the bay, all cost extra but nothing to expensive. Here you can do jet sking at 80 lire per jet ski, Mable 30 lire per person , Flyfish and rent a Speed boat.

The WiFi is pretty crap, but im not sure if this is due to a large amount of people using it, it certainly isn't reliable but don't worry you may get a few minutes of Facebook. My partner used his iPad and that seemed to have a much better connection than out iphones. Another tip is when possible we would Facetime family as its free over Wifi!

8  Thank SarahElmo

Dear Sarah ,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My holiday at marmaris palace was so wonderful and great! Only went for 1 week though, but its the far best holiday I've had with my family in a while! The staff in the hotel was friendly and love to us kids and the parents, Thomas cook kids club workers were brill! The evening entertainment was fab, in the evening s you could say back and relax and have a laugh with the staff! The food was great went all inclusive so it was perfect really! Our Thomas cook rep Megan was OUTSTANDING!!! helped us with alot. Never was ignored and always had our inquiries dealt with.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

My family spent 10 days in mid-July all inclusive and were impressed. The staff all work very hard. Despite the temperature being nearly 40 centigrade some days the hotel staff cooked and served a fabulous array of dishes ranging from Turkish, Asian, International and British cuisines without complaint. The evening entertainment was excellent and the children's club appeared to be non-stop entertainment for the under 8s with ice skating, pizza making, staging of a play, magic shows etc provided.My son is 14 and too old for it, of course, but I was struck by the efforts made to entertain the younger children. This is a large hotel but well run with many facilities on offer for free. We liked the pine trees landscape as it made the heat enjoyable with shade available if needed. The stone baked pizzas etc between 10 and 4 as part of the AI deal was enjoyed by my son. The only slight quibble would be the need for better WiFi (try downstairs at desks between the shops and pool for best but still limited coverage) and some noise from the main road in our room, which was located at top of hill / back of hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not numbered in the 800s and 900s, as they will be near the main road.
2  Thank Edmund E

Dear Edmund ,

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just back from a fantastic 2 week break at this gorgeous hotel. I was so worried about going after reading some of the reviews on here, I was worrying about nothing. We did have a slight issue on arrival after a long long day of travelling we were taken to our room in the bungalows sat on bed at 3am to find that it was wet, daughter sat on hers and it was same, walls were running with damp. Hubby went up to reception explained situ and we were moved the next day into the main hotel. The hotel itself is full of Russians, germans, dutch, polish, and Turkish people, and the entertainment etc is catered for them. I found the entertainment hard going as it was translated into so many languages. Nothing at all for my 15 year old to do at night. Russians etc really rude loud and pushy, but try to ignore them. Now the best bits beautiful hotel, lovely staff, speedy was a hoot, and gokan in the restaurant was fab, so welcoming and pleasant, and the lovely boy at the quiet pool bar patience of a saint lol. I had a lovely relaxing fortnight, but wont return here as its definitely not catering for british people, which is a shame.

1  Thank Susan C

Google Çevirisi

Dear Guest;

Thank you for taking time to share your precious comments.

We are very proud to have your nice comments; at the same time so sorry not to be able to provide you with a perfect stay.

It was a pleasure to meet you and we really hope to welcome you again to meet and beyond all your expectations.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 23 July 2014

After reading some of the very negative reviews on here I spent the night before we travelled in a cold sweat wondering if I should cancel the holiday. I am so glad that I didn't. The hotel was lovely, the staff were great, we enjoyed the food and activities so I am now wondering if these rather negative reviews which have been left were written by people who would complain even if they stayed in a palace! The check in was super speedy and they provided an extra room key at my request free of charge. The room was nice- cupboard space not amazing hence the 4 star review but the beds were comfy and we had a place to sleep for the night! My only niggle with the room was the small shower room (no bath) - not best with a 4 year old child but I can see now that this was stated on my booking documents. The food was great- good choice of different meal options, always the staple foods like chips, salad, pasta ect which is always good for little ones. Some of the food options weren't to my taste but there was always something to try. Again I am not sure how people have review poorly for the food and the options as surely that is personal choice and not the hotels fault if you have picky tastes??! Restaurant was very busy which was the only downside- some very rude people who think its ok to push to the front of the queues but I just did my fair share of pushing people back out of the queue if they jumped in! Swimming pools lovely- we spent our time by the relax pool rather than the main pool as it was a little quieter. It also meant we were nearer to the kids pools and club. Evening entertainment included a kids disco every night which the little ones really enjoyed (loads of them up on stage dancing) and often some adult entertainment after in the form of Bingo and various dance shows- all brilliant and rather beautiful dances. Now the part I feel that needs mentioning the most are the kids clubs. I went to this hotel for the thomas cook kids club as I didn't trust/ like the idea of the hotel run club however my daughter spent most of her time in the hotel kids club (Thomas Cook one a bit repetitive and boring if I am honest- they also charged for parties 3x per week in the evening but they still did the same activities!) The HOTEL RUN KIDS CLUB WAS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT- they took them on banana boats, made pizza, did face painting, decorated t-shirts, put on a performance of cats and much more and the staff worked so hard. They took little ones from 10am-5pm (they all went up to lunch together) if you wished but they didn't have to stay the entire day- a member of staff always brought my daughter to find us when she'd had enough or wanted to go in the pool. The evening disco was also run by Sandro who runs the hotel kids club (dolly club) and he handed out certificates everyday for those who had attended the club that day. He worked incredibly hard and I am so impressed by his efforts and how great he was with the children - he got a very big hug from my daughter on our last day (and that's saying something as she doesn't do hugs!) I was always amazed how each member of staff remembered each child's name when walking around the hotel. The kids club was definitely one of the reasons why we would return to this hotel. So all in all a great holiday- we enjoyed our stay and would return. I have given 4 stars as I feel that there could have been minor improvements in some places but nothing that ruined our holiday.

Room Tip: Check if you have booked a shower room or bathroom
8  Thank Victoria B

Best Regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Labranda Mares Marmaris
Casa De Maris Spa & Resort Hotel
Quadas Hotel
Quadas Hotel
#67 of 77 in Icmeler

Been to Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace? Share your experiences!