Murat Apart Hotel
US$89
Hotels.com
US$122
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspool barthese apartmentsair conditioning in the bedroomwithin easy reachkept spotlessgoing homecleaned every dayold villagesalholidayseptember
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My parents went in sept 2013 and I was so pleased when they got back, as they loved it. My dad is in a wheelchair and they help out loads, I booked these apart while I was out there in July, I was taken and shown a room which was lovely very clean and as a wet room.there are plenty of places to eat around this apart.my dad told them they would go back this year in sept,but do to ill health hats not poss. They sent a lovely email wishing him well. My daugther is going this august for to weeks and was getting fuller each week. Good luck to the owners and staff for a good summer 2014 and I will see u 2015. On booking ask for private transfer as they will sort that out for you

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kdbayliss
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed and these apartments for 2 weeks in August 2013. The cleaners are the ones who deserve the most praise as they were so particular even wiping the rails on the balcony each day. Great location, very quiet at night and no hassle. However, the owner doesn't know how to smile and will walk past you without an acknowledgement, and anyone in the whole of icmeler is allowed to come in and use their pool. Our young son had reddening on his shoulders one day so I gave him a clean t shirt to put on in the pool but he was told to remove it by Salli the bar man/waiter. WHY!! when at the end of Ramadan Turkish women were allowed to walk in of the street and go into the pool basically full clothed. At these apartments we found they had their good points as said but they applied different rules to different people. Their rules stated time the pool closed and said no inflatables allowed in the pool, again some people were allowed to ignore this but the fact that my sons shoulders were being caught by the sun too much was not considered to be very important. These apartments in my opinion should be adult only as they are not child friendly. Would we go again, probably not.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Roxy G
MuratAPART, Sahibi at Murat Apart Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Thanks for your comment.First of all, we try to make happy all our guests when they visit us.We wish you were one of them.However rules are rules.We dont apply different rules to different people.We put a rule list just near the pool for everybody.(That rules for pool hygiene to protect people from bacteria and viruses)If you use pool with your daily clothes,its very easy making people ill.If you read the list you could easily see it.Anyway some Turkish ladies that you talk about use special swimming wear called 'haşema'.They werent wearing daily clothes.So the rules are same for everybody.We hope you enjoy at your next visit in Turkey but condition of being more thoughtful for everybody.

Regards

Murat APART

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

Can you please tell me why my review has been removed I wrote a review earlier which you accepted and now I see it is removed I gave a true and measured appraisal of the murat aparts based on my experience there and I feel that other people who are paying hard earned money for their holiday should be aware of the owners attitude which has a massive impact

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank Mikmarr
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have just come back from our stay at the Murat Apartments in Icmeler - they were great. Spacious, very clean (maid service daily) and the pool area was also kept very clean and tidy. Plenty of sunbeds for everyone and plenty of sunshine around the pool too which can be difficult at this time of year. Excellent quiet location but only a 5 minute stroll down to the centre of Icmeler.
Would definitely recommend these apartments to anyone. The one and only downside was that we were on the top floor (which we requested) and the water pressure for showering was not good at all.
Snacks served in the coffee shop were good value but no hassle to make you eat there at all.
Pool was very cold but, again, that was just the time of year and to be expected when the pool is so big.
Definitely recommend these apartments to anyone

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank debandrick70
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Stayed here July after looking round them the year before. Family run & lovely bright modern apartments with spacious balcony furnished with table & chairs.
Although for four persons I think more suitable for two as lack of privacy if four adults sharing.
Equipped with 2 plate cooking hob & sandwich toaster. Location ideal as nearby to the centre but nice quiet area with supermarket across the road & Robin Hood bar/restaurant also across the road run by Alex & team of very helpful staff.
Food at the apartments, mainly snacks were always fresh & good. Chip butty recommended as is tuna salad, run by Murats mum & dad.
Staff helpful & the cleaners work very hard at keeping the apartments & landings & public areas immaculate.
Sali also works very hard keeping the pool & garden areas clean & serving the guests.
Only negatives are that outsiders are allowed use of the pool, both holidaymakers & locals, at times outnumbering the guests. This I think could be a problem the more popular they become. A steep price hike for next year so don't see why outsiders get the same facilities free just buying a drink & snack. Asked one couple why they didn't book into Murats & they said they get cheaper accommodation but pool is the best at Murats !
Murat speaks good English if any problems which are usually dealt with quickly.
Enjoyed our stay & one of the largest pools in Icmeler.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple