“fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #64 of 79 Hotels in Icmeler
Bolton, United Kingdom
“fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

on read some of the review's I was a bit worried about staying at the hotel but I had no need to have been.on arrival we pleasantly surprised,even though the rooms were basic they where spot less.The staff where great and always helpful,the location was fantastic only 10mins from the beach and 5mins from the centre ,the restaurant in the hotel was excellent, me and my hubby never eat in the hotels we stay but the food was fantastic here,All the waiters, cleaners, pool staff where great fantastic hotel. we would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Turkish first
Greenock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Just home from my 4th trip to Icemeler and Selen 2......booked again for next year by the way.I love the staff and everything about my " home away from home". I agree with GF88, some people like to moan for the sake of it. The housekeeping girls are the nicest people and our rooms are always clean.As far as we are concerned our room is just a place to rest and get showered up.My pal and I just come and go and have no hassle at all from the waiters.The staff are the best and are very helpful and friendly.The location of my HAFH is great too, a few minutes walk to the hub of Icemeler.
Love it and roll on Sept 2014 .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank 1sheilae44
Sheffield, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Have just returned after a weeks stay at the Selen 2 hotel. I really cannot believe some of the negative reviews that people have posted on here. I honestly think people really just like to moan for the sake of it. The hotel is in a good location, just off the main strip so nice and quiet in the evenings in order to sleep, but with the beach and main nightlife areas just 5 minutes walk away. The pool area was nice and well maintained and the rooms were clean and comfortable. The only downside I found to the hotel was the showers in the room. They could be very hit and miss in terms of temperature and a few days I had to endure really cold showers but with it being 35 degrees plus, this was'nt too much of a hardship.

Although I did'nt have much interaction with them, the hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. We had bed and breakfast and although it is quite basic, there is enough choice to suit everyone.

All in all I found the Selen 2 hotel great. This hotel came recommended to me by a friend who knows one of the bar staff (Louis). The location is brilliant, the pool area and facilities small but nice and the staff friendly. The hotel is'nt too big which I prefer and most of the fellow guests were friendly and generally families and older couples so there was a nice atmosphere and most people were respectful and not too loud at night time etc.

If I return to Icmeler, then I would definetly book the Selen 2.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GF88
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the selen 2 apartments which were extremely basic but they were clean & you only sleep there so that wasn't a problem!
The staff are all lovely! A very small minority dont know much english but they still try there hardest to help you! They all look after you making sure your ok, if you have children you know theyre safe when the staff are around as they are brilliant with children and make it easier for you to relax.
The rooms are clean although they dont seem to give you toilet roll unless you ask.
Simon who is based around the corner is excellent for trips, we went on three: horse riding, a lazy day boat trip and the atlantic water park! They were all really fun and fantastic value! I recommend the boat trip to anyone it is by far the best boat trip ive been on; however the name is a bit of a weird one 'captain bull****'.
All the guests were quite old but it is end of season and everyone got on great non the less & my family have made some good friends! The food is average my family liked it but i wasnt too keen.
I read some awful reviews before i went which made me dread going on holiday and now I've been I'm struggling to believe the exaggeration of some reviews!!!
Were booking for next year but were going to go out more as theirs little entertainment at nights there os a turkish night & bingo though!

• Stayed September 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013

First of all I must say that having read some of the reviews I am concerned that some people are comparing this hotel to the Marti Resort (5*) and need to get a grip.

This hotel is exactly what it says a decent hotel in the heart of the resort. It's basic yes but very clean, nice enough to suit customers looking for a clean room in a central location. I have stayed here 5 times now and I must say if it was so bad I would not return. Everytime we return we see faces who have been here before and it is clear they like it too.

The staff are friendly and offer a great service to customers staying here, I read comments about being pestered for drinks around the pool, yes they come around several times a day asking if you would like a drink if you say no that's ok and off they go - that's what is known as good service. There is always a great atmosphere in the hotel and suits most people. The hotel restaurant is ok and reasonably priced however if you want to go out that's no problem also.

The rooms are basic and yes they need some modernisation but they are still clean, the pillows can be hard but we just asked for some soft ones and they were there with no problems at all.

Louis and the boys look after you all and make you feel welcome and remembered us from last time. No hassle just a friendly face to greet you!!

We had many great meals out in some of the many restaurants in town always good no complaints. If you like a taste from home you should try friar tucks the best cod and chips I have ever had better than at home !!!

So in all don't pay too much attention to the negatives the positives are there, decent enough great location and value for money.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Rbradbury41180
Glasgow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

When we arrived man on reception very rude hardly spoke, not welcoming at all. No safety deposit box in our room, when we asked for one it was place on a shelf in the wardrobe not secured down in any way. Breakfast was very basic, on the one morning we ate there we found hair on the bread! The bar staff mostly young men were very pushy and arrogant constantly asking you if you wanted a drink even when you were obvoiusly going out. When they realised that we were not interested in sitting in the hotel drinking we were ignored. For anyone taking children be warned the main pool does not have a shallow end and we had to buy my granddaughter arm bands, even thought she can swim, she is not a strong enough to be out of her depth all the time. Thomas Cook also show in their photos a flume and play area for children, this has all been taken away. This hotel is advertised as idea for a quiet relaxing holiday ITS NOT.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Icmeler hotels

hampshire uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

just got back from Icmeler Turkey stayed at the Selen 2 hotel b+b , had a great time hotel very clean and all the staff were great fun. we will be going back next year. Good location to the town and the beach. Have to say thomas cook rep was crap and she made no effort to find out who we were so we didn't bother with her. Had Loi's birthday there who run's the hotel and bar and we enjoyed some fun evenings, Turkish night and curry night , Martin kept us entertain too. lol bar open till 4am but that didn't stop us from sleeping when we did go up a little early (1pm) our rooms over looked to pool and bar. good size pool and lots of beds. breakfast was Turkish style bread cheese meat and fresh tomato's and cucumber, there was cornflakes too, tea coffee and juice. You could have a cooked breakfast but you will have to paid for that. The hotel has a good selection on there menu and food is available all day and into the evening. all in all a really nice place.

Room Tip: rooms around the back would be quiter but they don't really have a nice view, the ones on the fr...