“more like youth club” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 79 Hotels in Icmeler
Rothwell, null, United Kingdom
“more like youth club”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

arrived 4 o clock in the morning staff very helpful in taking bags to rooms and waiting about for tips , everything is extra . safe deposit box air con and even tried to charge full rate for late check out when no more arrivals coming in, too many young lads as staff often outnumbering guests at bar pestering guests for drinks and ciggies and even on the scrounge for money , no respect for 2 elderly guests 70-80 too busy taking mick out of them , only interested in guests who were treating staff . hotel in need of good lick of paint, breakfast boiled egg and tastless cheese and processed meeat , but nice cup of coffee , basically needs staff to serve guests

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Simon W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Turkish first
Wakefield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

just got back on sunday 13/10/2013. all in all hotel not bad except rooms on 4 th floor very tiny and tatty .they put guests there hoping u pay 20 pounds to move . like everthing else they do is a con. and i can asure guests that if u are not spending money then they dont want to no.then they become ignorant to u. maybe this place should be 18-30 cos they are all over young lasses.o and if you are going pay for drinks and food in cash dont add to room cos they will add some for them selfs.im not trying to put people of going there cos we add a great time even with the ignorant staff

Room Tip: pool rooms are moor noisy.you dont want top floor they are very small with tiny balcony.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sheila O
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

We're do I start ? Well arrived early hours on the 29/08/13 was asked for £80 for air con and safe , missed breakfast so said we will order a full English so we sat in the restraunt area for 35 mins then said lets go then waiter appeared and took our order . When it arrived fried eggs where like boiled eggs so said not having that again , room was to small ,shower had a step in it was like havin a shower in the sink, plus hand rail was broke for several days. This place is in bad need of a makeover when you are on the balcony you could not sit for long if you had air con on you would burn with heat from the air con fan . Day time entertainment of a day there was none night time was once a week called Turkish knight. Never again at this disgusting place, needs to be brought up to date. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't go if your expectations are on the pictures provided its nothing like it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paula K

Travellers are raving about these Icmeler hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Found the staff really helpful and friendly , not too pushy unlike some of the shops and restaurants in Icmeler. We were 3 women on a weeks holiday and had a room each, we were concerned by some of the reviews we read before hand which I think were a bit harsh. Yes the place could do with a wee bit of a touch up , but you get what you pay for. The rooms were clean, the food was good and the staff were great fun and had good banter and were genuinely
interested in improving their English. The beach and town centre were both a 5 min walk away what more could you want

Room Tip: rooms at the back got more sun in October , sun disappeared from the pool around 2pm we had sun on b...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank sandra s
Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Arrived at midnight, the bus boy helped us and only him. Staff were horrible, every morning I went for breakfast there were no staff there to get a highchair for me and I would have to find it myself. Some days highchairs werent washed, my sons breakfast from the day before would still be on it and when they wash highchairs they hose them down with cold water. They don't use anything to get rid of bacteria. One day I asked them to wash the baby bottle and they ignored me and my mother had to ask again until they did so. The bar staff did not like me as I refused to go out with them. I told them I had a man at home and they disliked me even though I remained friendly. Max, a member of bar staff tried to kiss me and I said no,you can kiss my hand but that is all. He didn't listen and I tried being friendly. Then he tried to make me go to the beach with him late at night. I told him I was tired and wanted to go to bed and he pushed me. The hotel had a quiz one night and only catered for british people. All the questions were based on english politics and sports etc. The hotel is empty every night unless they have something on. It is unsuitable for children as the 'splashpool' is around the corner of the hotel. Who in their right mind would leave their children play in a pool out of their sight? The entertainment is rubbish, the food is rubbish and did I mention the hotel is rubbish? You can hear everything at night. The doors are so heavy as well so the sound of them banging cant be helped. I heard a rooster every morning at 5 am and then woke up by the mosque at 6 am and the beds are like sleeping on the floor so you might as wel not have a bed at all. My grandmother who suffers with depression got constantly teased and tormented by bar staff, Justin, Louis and Joseph. They told her to drink her milk and go to bed. They kept calling her crazy. Don't be fooled by the proffessional photos. Its false advertising. Its smaller and not as pleasant. The only people who liked this hotel were the ones that probably slept with or flirted with the staff. I cant think of any other reason you could like it. Cleaning staff are amazing, thats the only good thing about it.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Gloucester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

we just come home after a week here at this hotel. Was a bit worried after reading reviews before went.we arrived midnight and was welcomed straight away ask us come for drink.we did as been long day .Found staff pleasant not harassing very pleasant stay would definetley go back their again as a couple but not much for children their entertainment way, pool to deep for young children. We found simon around corner who organised two day trips for us gave us honest information about turtle beacvh as we heard other people say been told would see turtles on beach simon explain may not he honest.only complaint I had wasn't with the hotel but some people staying their rude inconsiderate stand talking in corridors middle night and allowing doors slam waking people up. was a young child their who I heard mother say kpt waking him up.thats not hotels fault.only thing found hotel needs bit paint work but if like us only slept their had breakfast and occasional meal it didn't bother us.very clean the cleaners work hard to keep place clean. some people need remember if you polite staff they polite to you.you get what you pay for if want 5 star then this not hotel if want cheap and cheerful this is the place.

Room Tip: we stayed round back part of hotel so quiet except do hear mosque calling every morning
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

on read some of the review's I was a bit worried about staying at the hotel but I had no need to have been.on arrival we pleasantly surprised,even though the rooms were basic they where spot less.The staff where great and always helpful,the location was fantastic only 10mins from the beach and 5mins from the centre ,the restaurant in the hotel was excellent, me and my hubby never eat in the hotels we stay but the food was fantastic here,All the waiters, cleaners, pool staff where great fantastic hotel. we would definitely go back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Selen
#18 of 79 in Icmeler
Hotel Mar-Bas
Hotel Mar-Bas
#45 of 79 in Icmeler

Been to Selen 2 Hotel? Share your experiences!