“#1 All the way !!”
Review of Turgay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Icmeler
Turgay
Ranked #14 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“#1 All the way !!”
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I cannot really add any more than what the rest of the reviews have said on here. Not the most helpful I know but everyone has pretty much covered everything I had to say.

I cannot thank Mr & Mrs Turgay, Josh and especially Kadir for an absolutely fantastic holiday. I have never been so upset to be leaving somewhere to go home.

If you are looking for busy hotel/apartments - this is not it. With 19 apartments, this is a small family run apartment hotel. Exceptionally clean and friendly. It has a very relaxed atmosphere. Suitable for families or couples. The only tip I would give for younger families is to seek your own entertainment. Besides a pool and ping pong table and a Turkish night 1 night a week, there is not a lot in the way of organised events or a kids club. On the plus side, being a small place you are sure to make some friends for life here. We organised a pool tournament one night which went down a storm. There is a large flat screen TV in the bar area and Josh will put any programme on that you want to watch providing there is no football on. There is internet available also. All you need to do it ask Josh for the laptop.

Good pool side music, providing Kadir is on the decks! Otherwise if Josh gets anywhere near it you are guaranteed Tracy Chapman's Fast Car on repeat with a bit of Celine Dion on loop threw in for good measure! haha! :-)

All I can really say to sum up is just book this hotel, and dont worry about a thing. You will be in very capable hands at the Turgay Apartments. Sit back, relax and enjoy all it has to offer!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank LouiseCarolan

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Liverpool
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I can only concur with what everyone else has said.
What a great place. It's clean and tidy the staff are very friendly. Josh and Kadir can’t help enough and their English is excellent, so no worries about misinterpretation.
The apartment block is away from the centre so no blaring music making a great relaxing holiday.
The apartments are basic but well maintained and clean. Due to the small size of the hotel all the guests get to know each other creating a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere
The Turkish night is excellent value and a good fun.
I will definitely try to book here again for my next Turkish holiday
There was nothing I didn't like about this holiday

teşekkür ederim Joshan

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
cleveland
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Stayed here from the 1st august for 10 nights,me,wife and 2 daughters 17 & 14, I honestly cannot say a bad word about these apartments,from the moment we walked through the front gate we were treated like true friends from josh and kadir,they were both so friendly and would do anything to help, ate there a few times as well and the food was lovely,all cooked by Mr turgay (josh's dad) rooms were cleaned every day and the maid was also very friendly.in a great quiet location and a short stroll to the bars and restaurants,we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay here again.
Seccombe family .......

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank snakebite127
Liverpool
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I stayed at the Turgay Apartments with my husband and our two daughters from 23rd June for two weeks and it was PERFECT. As our daughters are aged 25 and 22 years we had two apartments booked so that we could all enjoy having some space and privacy. Our apartments were absolutely great, spacious, clean, well equipped and with beautiful views of the mountains.

Although we were self catering we didn't actually cook in the apartments at all, the food offered on the menu at the Turgay Apartments was fantastic value for money and cooked to perfection. The owners, Mr & Mrs Turgay, did the cooking whilst their son Josh looked after the bar and the general running of the place, helped by Kadir who I believe is Josh's cousin. Mr & Mrs Turgay were very quiet people and didn't really get involved with the guests; they let the boys do the talking as their English is very good. Young Cesar helped behind the bar and helped maintain the pool and surrounding areas. He didn't speak English but made some very brave attempts despite being very shy.

The rooms were kept beautifully clean by Aisha and another young lady. They were both pleasant, trustworthy, and took great pride in their work, making beautiful swans and hearts out of the towels, placing them on the beds with flowers. Good quality bed linen and towels were provided and were changed regularly.

If you decide to visit these apartments I recommend that you do the in - house Turkish Night, it is great fun. The cost is 25 lira each (about £10), and you get a beautiful meal, a display of Turkish dancing by a visiting belly dancer and a lot of laughs... that's all I'm prepared to say as I don't want to spoil your surprise!!!

Icmeler is a beautiful place, a lot quieter than Marmaris and perfect for a relaxing holiday. The beach is great and sun beds are available for a small charge. The beach boys are lovely and they look after your beds, towels etc if you decide to go for a walk.

Lots of great places to eat outside of the apartments, especially the Love Star, turn left out of the apartment gates, keep walking straight ahead and you will see it ahead of you on the right - lovely food and friendly staff. Also worth a mention is Ugra Restaurant, next to the Red Lion pub, Ugra is a very small family owned place and the food is stunning.

On an evening you will find lots of bars offering food, often with some entertainment on. Our personal favourites were the Deja Vu Bar and the fantastic Bamboo Beach Bar, great guys who love to dance, very entertaining.

Transfer time from the airport is approx 1 hour 45 minutes, and there is a 20 minute comfort stop at a lovely place where you can use the toilets, buy food and drink and browse around a few indoor stalls selling gifts and souvenirs. Quite a pleasant journey really with lovely views as you approach Marmaris and Icmeler.

Sarah was our Thomson rep and she was very pleasant and offered good advice if needed. Trips and outings can be booked through Sarah, although some of them are quite expensive.

This was our second visit to Icmeler, we stayed in different apartments last year, but we found the Turgay Apartments much better.

Would I return to Icmeler - yes.
Would I return to the Turgay Apartments – yes, definitely.
Am I suffering from post holiday blues - you bet I am!!!!!

Many thanks to everyone at the Turgay Apartments for making our holiday unforgettable.
I don’t know how you work the hours you do and still keep smiling.
Love to you all from Brian Pauline Clare and Nina.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank 7murphy7
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Me and my boyfriend have just come back from a week away at the Turgay apartments. Could not fault it at all, everything was spotless, room was always cleaned to the highest standard. The apartment itself was spacious, every room has a poolview so thats a great bonus. Air conditioning is a must in the room as it got extremely hot and stuffy. Staff at the apartments are very helpful, cocktails were lovely. Poolside was nice and chilled. We didnt eat much at the apartments but what we did have was really nice. English breakfast and bacon sandwiches are worth a try! Location was perfect, short stroll away from the restaurants and supermarkets and just a bit further on from the beach. We never had a bad meal in Turkey, so many lovely restaurents. The Love Boat was amazing, the quality of food and taste was out of this world. Frozen cocktails were also a treat! Especially in the hot evenings. The Romance Palace was another great restaurent, food was lovely and the entertainment was great, lots of dancing and different acts which went on for hours! Another recomendation is the Waterfall restaurent, it gets very busy so you do wait a bit longer for your meals, but your on holiday so no rush!! Food was lovely and they have a small pen type thing full of little animals which you can pick up and get pictures with just outside the restaurent, very strange but funny at the same time!!! One last place that is worth a visit is the Kontes restaurent on the beach front, the ice creams there are amazing and worth a visit if your down at the beach and want a break from the sun!
All in all a great holiday, it was our first time to Turkey and we will definitely be back, I would reccomend these apartments to anyone!! You wont be disapointed!!

Room Tip: It may be worth asking for a room on the ground floor, our top floor room got extremely hot, but we...
6 Thank gstar39
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We've just got back from a week at Turgay and I was very impressed. Josh and Kadir were extremely helpful and did all they could to make our stay a memorable one. Both are very personable and were always keen to make sure we had everything we needed and if not they would remedy it straight away. Value for money was also excellent, had this holiday been 25% more expensive I still think I would have been happy.

London
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We have just come back from a week in the lovely Turgay apartments in Icmeler. We read all the reviews and were expecting a lot, even though it was quite a cheap holiday compared to a lot of less well-reviewed places.

The apartment was basic: two single beds (which we pushed together) and air con in the bedroom for £30 a week (and you can pay in GBP or TL); shower, sink and loo in the bathroom; sofa which turns into a single sofa bed, arm chair, dining table and chairs in the living room. The apartment was kept SPOTLESS every day by the maid, she even made pretty heart shapes with the towels and put flowers on the beds! Each apartment has a balcony which was really lovely in the evening.

Kadir, Josh and his Mum and Dad bent over backwards all week to provide everything we could ask for. Kadir even went out to get limes for my G&T because I said I preferred lime to lemon! I am vegetarian and he made the most delicious vegetable casseroles for me for only 10TL (about £4) so I certainly didn't go hungry.

The pool was a good size and had plenty of sunbeds but might get a bit busy when the season really gets underway. The hotel was pretty much 100% full of British tourists which wasn't exactly the sort of holiday I'm used to, but we all got on and had a right giggle at the Turkish Night!

One thing I will say- get a taxi transfer instead of the coach transfer. We flew to Dalaman airport which the website said was a 1 hour 45 min transfer on the coach, but is in reality more like 3 hours (almost as long as the flight!). Our taxi took around 1 hour 45 mins and was well worth the £100 return added on to our package via the tour operator.

It was a really lovely week away, very good value for money and I want to go back in October!!