“We absolutely loved staying at the Turgay ... so friendly and welcoming. We'll be back!”
Review of Turgay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Icmeler
Turgay
Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Warm and welcoming. Couldn't do enough for you! Great Turkish Night and hospitality.
Pool always spotless!
Rooms clean and spacious
Lovely location, lots of great activites to experience, from markets, to boat trips, to water sports, to "shop till you drop", Restaurants and Bars.
You can enjoy a relaxing holiday and enjoy nightlife to suit you!
Loved everything, no negatives!

Room Tip: All the rooms are pool facing and offer a great view!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2011

Well where do I start.....Me and my partner Chris stayed at the Turgay appartments from August 22nd to August 29th 2011, for me it was my first time abroad and absolutly loved it. Josh and his family are so welcoming, friendly and so easy to get on with. The place is just spotless,our room was cleaned every day, only thing i will mention is that the rooms only have twin beds, we didn't realise that when we booked but I here that is quite common in Turkey, so we were quite glad we could push the beds together. The food at the Turgay was really really nice and so was the restaurants surrounding the Turgay were also nice but being vegetarians we didnt really sample the proper Turkish food, disappointed slightly I guess but the food we were able to eat was just the best, never tasted food like it, you could tell it was freshly cooked. I would highly recommend this place to anyone, you certainly wont be disappointed. The place is just wonderful and we will defiantly be coming back in the near future. Thank you Josh and your family for making our/my first holiday abroad worth while.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kimberly b
merthyr tydfil
Reviewed 7 September 2011

What an absolute gem this place is. In the most beautiful part of Icmeler, and its run by the Turgay family themselves! The welcome and friendliness of these people, and the feeling of being part of the family is something you dont get in these larger hotels. We absolutely loved it ! I've told all my friends about it, and we're about to book again for next year ! A special mention to Josh and Kadir who are the 2 nicest turks you will meet, nothing is to much trouble for them. The cleaners there worked their socks off, and the place is immaculately clean, mine even used to pair my shoes up everyday for me ! There are no negatives at all I can say ! beautiful place , lovely family, and a fantastic holiday !!! The Hicks family ..........

Room Tip: a tere are no lifts , maybe the more mature would request a lower floor ( its a 3tier)
2 Thank paulineMerthyrTydfil
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2011

I cannot really add any more than what the rest of the reviews have said on here. Not the most helpful I know but everyone has pretty much covered everything I had to say.

I cannot thank Mr & Mrs Turgay, Josh and especially Kadir for an absolutely fantastic holiday. I have never been so upset to be leaving somewhere to go home.

If you are looking for busy hotel/apartments - this is not it. With 19 apartments, this is a small family run apartment hotel. Exceptionally clean and friendly. It has a very relaxed atmosphere. Suitable for families or couples. The only tip I would give for younger families is to seek your own entertainment. Besides a pool and ping pong table and a Turkish night 1 night a week, there is not a lot in the way of organised events or a kids club. On the plus side, being a small place you are sure to make some friends for life here. We organised a pool tournament one night which went down a storm. There is a large flat screen TV in the bar area and Josh will put any programme on that you want to watch providing there is no football on. There is internet available also. All you need to do it ask Josh for the laptop.

Good pool side music, providing Kadir is on the decks! Otherwise if Josh gets anywhere near it you are guaranteed Tracy Chapman's Fast Car on repeat with a bit of Celine Dion on loop threw in for good measure! haha! :-)

All I can really say to sum up is just book this hotel, and dont worry about a thing. You will be in very capable hands at the Turgay Apartments. Sit back, relax and enjoy all it has to offer!!

2 Thank LouiseCarolan
Liverpool
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I can only concur with what everyone else has said.
What a great place. It's clean and tidy the staff are very friendly. Josh and Kadir can’t help enough and their English is excellent, so no worries about misinterpretation.
The apartment block is away from the centre so no blaring music making a great relaxing holiday.
The apartments are basic but well maintained and clean. Due to the small size of the hotel all the guests get to know each other creating a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere
The Turkish night is excellent value and a good fun.
I will definitely try to book here again for my next Turkish holiday
There was nothing I didn't like about this holiday

teşekkür ederim Joshan

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
cleveland
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Stayed here from the 1st august for 10 nights,me,wife and 2 daughters 17 & 14, I honestly cannot say a bad word about these apartments,from the moment we walked through the front gate we were treated like true friends from josh and kadir,they were both so friendly and would do anything to help, ate there a few times as well and the food was lovely,all cooked by Mr turgay (josh's dad) rooms were cleaned every day and the maid was also very friendly.in a great quiet location and a short stroll to the bars and restaurants,we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would definitely stay here again.
Seccombe family .......

• Stayed August 2011
3 Thank snakebite127
Liverpool
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I stayed at the Turgay Apartments with my husband and our two daughters from 23rd June for two weeks and it was PERFECT. As our daughters are aged 25 and 22 years we had two apartments booked so that we could all enjoy having some space and privacy. Our apartments were absolutely great, spacious, clean, well equipped and with beautiful views of the mountains.

Although we were self catering we didn't actually cook in the apartments at all, the food offered on the menu at the Turgay Apartments was fantastic value for money and cooked to perfection. The owners, Mr & Mrs Turgay, did the cooking whilst their son Josh looked after the bar and the general running of the place, helped by Kadir who I believe is Josh's cousin. Mr & Mrs Turgay were very quiet people and didn't really get involved with the guests; they let the boys do the talking as their English is very good. Young Cesar helped behind the bar and helped maintain the pool and surrounding areas. He didn't speak English but made some very brave attempts despite being very shy.

The rooms were kept beautifully clean by Aisha and another young lady. They were both pleasant, trustworthy, and took great pride in their work, making beautiful swans and hearts out of the towels, placing them on the beds with flowers. Good quality bed linen and towels were provided and were changed regularly.

If you decide to visit these apartments I recommend that you do the in - house Turkish Night, it is great fun. The cost is 25 lira each (about £10), and you get a beautiful meal, a display of Turkish dancing by a visiting belly dancer and a lot of laughs... that's all I'm prepared to say as I don't want to spoil your surprise!!!

Icmeler is a beautiful place, a lot quieter than Marmaris and perfect for a relaxing holiday. The beach is great and sun beds are available for a small charge. The beach boys are lovely and they look after your beds, towels etc if you decide to go for a walk.

Lots of great places to eat outside of the apartments, especially the Love Star, turn left out of the apartment gates, keep walking straight ahead and you will see it ahead of you on the right - lovely food and friendly staff. Also worth a mention is Ugra Restaurant, next to the Red Lion pub, Ugra is a very small family owned place and the food is stunning.

On an evening you will find lots of bars offering food, often with some entertainment on. Our personal favourites were the Deja Vu Bar and the fantastic Bamboo Beach Bar, great guys who love to dance, very entertaining.

Transfer time from the airport is approx 1 hour 45 minutes, and there is a 20 minute comfort stop at a lovely place where you can use the toilets, buy food and drink and browse around a few indoor stalls selling gifts and souvenirs. Quite a pleasant journey really with lovely views as you approach Marmaris and Icmeler.

Sarah was our Thomson rep and she was very pleasant and offered good advice if needed. Trips and outings can be booked through Sarah, although some of them are quite expensive.

This was our second visit to Icmeler, we stayed in different apartments last year, but we found the Turgay Apartments much better.

Would I return to Icmeler - yes.
Would I return to the Turgay Apartments – yes, definitely.
Am I suffering from post holiday blues - you bet I am!!!!!

Many thanks to everyone at the Turgay Apartments for making our holiday unforgettable.
I don’t know how you work the hours you do and still keep smiling.
Love to you all from Brian Pauline Clare and Nina.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family