“Home!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Turgay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Icmeler
Turgay
Ranked #16 of 79 Hotels in Icmeler
“Home!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

I enjoyed my time so much I will be back again! Polite staff, family feel, friendly cleaners, relaxed location and atmosphere. Perfect for a family or couple! Lovely views from the balcony, clean pool and great service. The location is perfect, not too far from the beach but in a peaceful and scenic setting - beautiful place.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank 150614kj

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Turkish first
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

First time at Turgay, hopefully not the last! Clean, comfortable and staff extremely helpful. Meals very good and reasonable variety within menu. Situated away from commercial area but an easy walk to beach front. Pool totally adequate and kept spotless. Area around pool could be bit tight when place is full but not a problem.
No hesitation in returning here and look forward to another top class experience when we do!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank J.D.Newcombe
St Boswells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We recently spent a fantastic two weeks at Turgay apartments. The apartments were cleaned every day by a very cheerful lady and were spotless as was the rest of the resort. Josh and his staff were fantastic and made everyone feel special and very welcome. Nothing was too much bother and the staff were always ready with a smile. The food in the restaurant is excellent as my waistline is now showing. The apartments are situated in a quieter area of town with only a relatively short walk to the centre of Icmeler. However there are supermarkets just round the corner. We had a very restful, enjoyable holiday at Turgay and would have no hesitation in recommending it. We will definitely return in the very near future.

4 Thank Anne D
keighley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I am writing this review with mixed feelings because when you find somewhere as wonderful as these apartments you want to keep it secret to stop it becoming too popular and spoiling what makes the place so special.
It was the photograph of the apartments in the holiday brochure which caught my attention at first because they looked so pretty and when I began to read the reviews about the place that really made me decide to visit.
My husband and I went for 7 nights from 26th May to 2nd June 2014 and we have really fallen in love with the place. Although having travelled extensively abroad before,we had never previously visited Turkey and so wasn't quite sure what to expect - it was wonderful, very green, lots of trees and beautiful flowers and not a mosquito in sight! It's the first time we have come back from holiday without any bite marks.
The Turgay Apartments are on the edge of Iclemer, almost in the old residential village, yet only a few minutes away from shops, restaurants and buses. The beach is about a 10 minute walk. The apartments are exceptionally clean and so is the bar and pool area, the whole place is oustandingly lovely. The apartments are family owned with the family on site all the time and you couldn't ask for nicer people. Nothing is too much trouble for them, just ask and it is done. We ate in the bar restaurant most of the week because the food was so nice and also inexpensive. Mum's cooking was so good I wanted to take her back to England with me but Josh wouldn't let me. Josh is their son and he was so helpful and friendly, he made us feel so welcome, carrying our cases and waving us off on the coach.
There are lots of sunbeds around the pool, plenty for everyone and drinks, food, ice-creams, beers etc are all available from the bar, along with English TV, pool, table tennis and a whole range of English paperback books that it really has everything you need.
Our apartment was spacious, with a quiet fridge, electric hob, kettle and all the usual self catering equipment, but as the food was so inexpensive we just ate in the restaurant /bar.
From Iclemer you can get a water taxi to Marmaris every 30 mintues (10TL), or a bus to Turunc (7TL). The water taxi to Turunc is 20 TL but the bus journey is through the mountains and the view is so scenic that you wouldn't want to miss it.
Would we go back to Turgay Apartments again? - Absolutely! Josh and his family are so welcoming that we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: All the rooms overlook the pool and they all have a balcony and a nice view. Our room was just abov...
8 Thank jacqueline s
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just got back from Turgay Apartments for the 10+ time, another fab time enjoyed by us and it was good to c that there were a couple of friends we had met previous also there. Josh and the boys still work as hard ever with the new guys of Sharif and Memet (He was the quiet one) doing their share. Josh seniors cooking as lovely as ever with the turkish nite being one of the best we have ever been to. It was good to c that the maid Ayse was still there and looked after the apartments with towels and sheets being changed every 2 to 3 days. The old village is still as lovely and quiet. We will be back Jan and Kel

4 Thank Kelvin D
chester, uk
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

apartment clean and adequate for basic self catering, but hardly necessary as cheerful and reasonable restaurant in bar.A good walk to Icemeler but this is why the hotel is quiet and situation in old village so enjoyable. Shops nearby for essentials.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank jodagi
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Having never visited Turkey before we were a but unsure what To expect but I fell in love with the turgay apartments from the moment I saw them in the travel brochure and we were not disappointed!
We visited in June 2013 and it was the perfect holiday and we couldn't fault the accommodation in any way. The apartments were spotlessly clean, the maids did an amazing job and always had a smile. The most 'self catering' we did was to eat a few crisps or some of the lovely fruit from the market down the road, there are so many wonderful places to eat nearby and so cheap there is no need to cook yourself... And who would want to?! But had we wanted to, the facilities would have been sufficient to make a simple meal. The heat tends to make me lose all appetite so didn't eat a lot overall but we had a few lunchtime snacks at the apartments and they were very nice, the sandwich I ordered to take to the airport with me was delicious, as soon as the aircon on the coach had it effect my appetite soon returned! We also went to the Turkish night which is well worth it! Not very expensive and we had a great night getting to know other guests and the food was a lovely taste of Turkey, I got a real taste for the cheese rolls which I never would have ordered from the name alone! Probably lived off these for the rest of the holiday.
Some people have described the apartments as basic but I really can't imagine what else they were expecting from self catering. Couldn't have asked for more and the family are really lovely and welcoming. I would say that I think this is more a place for couples or families with older children who just want a chilled out holiday, there isn't much in the way of entertainment and as it is small If there is a bored, spoiled child having a tantrum then everybody feels it. As we experienced most days for our whole two weeks!! But this is no fault of the apartments. It is a lovely relaxed place and if that's what you want then this is the place for you! It was perfect for us, we got engaged there and although we like to try different places I would return here in a second for our honeymoon but it is out of season... Maybe next year!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple