“fantastic family hotel”

Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“fantastic family hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

fantastic 2week family holiday, couldnt fault the mirage world hotel. stayed 4th to 18th august 2013. hotel is very clean(rooms daily cleaned,fresh towels,also big bottle of water left). Food excellent ,lots of choice,also fresh. lovely friendly staff, my two children loved every minute,as lots for them to do. it was me and my family first time at the mirage hotel and turkey icmeler. we will defo be booking up again for there!!!!!!!

4 Thank Tez A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
united kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013

how can anyone complain about this hotel ,, no complaints at all well rooms a we bit small location great maid service excellent food excellent so much choice 24 hour all in cllusive bar
staff brilliant plenty going on all day by the pool 2 min walk from beach shops etc would go back there again for sure ,, plus hotel being renovated before next season , only available to book through thompsons or direct with hotel , had a great 11 nights there x

Room Tip: room 3323 best room there x go for 3rd floor overlooking main pool with flumes
3 Thank gloworm29
Reviewed 11 August 2013

we had 2 amazing weeks in Mirage world. The hotel is located on a beautiful and quiet place. Rooms are comfortable and always cleaned. there was a big choice of food in a restaurant and nice staff. most of all we liked animation team, they are so friendly and sweet people... always nice music, different games and funny shows. I want to go back again, miss all of them... Thanks Mirage world and Animation team, you make my holiday unforgettable!

4 Thank Tamara Y
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Recently come back from this hotel. I stayed her between 24th July to 3rd August 2013.

The staff are lovely people, unfortunately the reception staff aren't the most helpful.
Rooms are clean but are only given a once over, so lack of vacuuming.

Food is ok but not amazing, the salad selection was good.
We had a few mean Germans in the first few days of our visit who would take all the sun loungers, despite there being a sign saying no reserving loungers before 8am.

Felt a bit cheater because the bar at the front is not part of the all inclusive deal & that's where most of the entertainment was. Thanks to our bar man Artilla for keeping our glasses full and entertaining us when some nights were boring (ask for a gin & vodka cocktail).

Turkish bath was amazing, I went twice since we were offered such a great price (ask for Adam)

Icmeler is a beautiful place! I would return to this town just not this hotel

3 Thank Natalie P
Staffordshire
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We had 10 days at the mirage and were pleased with our choice . We had a good room ground floor overlooking the lower pool . I do think this was the better part of the hotel to stay in . The room was cleaned every day by a lovely friendly lady . The reception staff were always helpful . The location is excellent . Icmeler is lovely . The food was fine plenty of choice and all seemed to be freshly prepared . The bar staff were pleasant . We booked our trips with Silva the tour operator on the left as you leave the hotel . He was fabulous and loads cheaper than the Thomas cook rep . We went on a jeep safari ( prepare to get very wet !) which was good fun . We also went on dune buggies off road which was hilarious ( prepare to get muddy ! ). The water park at Marmaris is ok ( prepare to burn your feet on the floor ! ) . We have a 15 year old and a 17 year old who thoroughly enjoyed the trips . They seem quite happy for you to spend Lira , Euros or pounds . The dolmus bus is a good way to get to Marmaris . it stops outside the hotel it takes about 30 minutes and costs 250 lira each . Marmaris marina at night is worth a visit although the shop owners a bit pushy there , but they have got to make a living I spose . All I all a good holiday .

Room Tip: ask for a lower pool view room
2 Thank Paula T
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Just returned on the 27th July after 2 weeks at Mirage.
We stayed at Mirage for 2 weeks in July 2012 and had such a great time as soon as we got home we re-booked for this year , we were a bit apprehensive as there had been a lot of bad reviews prior to us going .
Well what a big disappointment we were in for.
Upon arrival at 5am the room did not seem to have the high standards of cleanliness as it did last year , the rooms are small and a bit dated but we knew that anyway and as its only a place to wash and sleep that didn’t bother us .
The Mirage is in a great location well set out lovely pool areas and general cleanliness in hotel is good.
The main attractions that we returned were for my 7 year old daughter were the entertainment and the food and that is what lets this hotel down badly.
Entertainment.
The entertainment team consists of 2 dolly birds who swoon around in big high heels and don’t even encourage the children to participate in anything. There is a lad called Peter with a Jedward style haircut who never even spoke to us until 3 days left of our holiday.
Last year there was Turkish dancers , belly dancers , pool parties . acrobats , jugglers and even fireworks , games involving the holidaymakers all good fun.
This year it was bingo , karaoke. music quiz all done very amateurish . one show a week on a Friday , Turkish night . Nothing on a Sunday as its their day off.
Even my 7 year old daughter commented that the mini disco was not as good as last year as they played songs that got the parents involved was more fun last year she commented.
There is a Mirage bar at the front of the hotel that is not part of the all-inclusive as soon as the bingo or whatever finished they turned off the music as to encourage you would go down there to spend money as they put on shows there , we went one night the show was a monster show that was 3 people dressed up dancing about then a snake show that consisted of a man pulling a snake out of a box holding it up above his head and putting it back in the box , hardly entertainment.
4 days into the holiday there were a couple of times I went to the bar for a Rum at 22.30 only to be told there was none left.All Inclusive ? I lost the place with the barman and decided to write a letter to the management concerning all my issues . I am still waiting for a reply but the drink situation was resolved. there is a slush puppie machine at both bars for the kids but was hardly ever used. In that heat that was bad practise for the kids.
There were 3 staff there from last year that I remember. The guy from the Turkish baths , the photographer and the guy at the shop I spoke to them all about it not being as good as last year and they all knew what I was meaning all saying that it will be better next year I also spoke to the manager who spoke very little English the man from the shop had to interpret and he also said the same will be better next year ,
We paid almost 600 pounds more than last year so you can imagine how let down we felt.
Even the staff apart from a few were very grumpy and at times ignorant. Last year everyone had a smile for you and the whole place had a much happy party like atmosphere.
2 Days into the holiday my daughter spilt a big blob of pink nail varnish on her bed cover it was still there when we left.
Last year the food was much better more variety not 5 star I know but you could always find something to suit , we never ate out once last year this year we ate out quite a few times as the food was bland more chicken than anything else I realise that they have to cater for all nationalities but i cant imagine anyone having brussel sprouts or broccoli for breakfast. At one point I never ate anything in the hotel for 3 days as it looked so inedible if u like salads but without any sort of meat you will be ok.
Whilst there we met a couple from the north east that we met last year who like us decided to go back but like us they were hugely disappointed and said they would not go back.
Iclemar is a lovely little quiet place but within easy reach of the hustle and bustle of Marmaris we would go back to Iclemar but not to the Mirage staying at the Mirage on a last minute bargain for a week would have been ok but as we booked a year in advance and paid full price was not value for money.
I have gave the review 2 stars but only because of the location of the hotel and the pool areas that is if you can get a sun lounger the hotel has notices all over saying towels placed on loungers before 8am will be removed by staff but they never do I once went down at 8am I thought I would beat them at their own game but there was hardly a lounger to be had The Dutch and Germans must be down through the night laying their towels on the loungers HOW SAD IS THAT

4 Thank Gilly M

Travellers are raving about these Icmeler hotels

stoke on trent england
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Just got back from turkey we stopped at this hotel for 2weeks after reading some bad reports we were a bit apprehensive about the place but all our fears were forgotten once we booked in. We had the room with we wanted on the first floor no 101 the aircon was best we have had had to turn it off during the night. As we were cold the rooms are small but big enough for us the hotel. Is spotless. The food is the same as other hotels please type to choose from example breakfast eggs serials toast jam yogerts beens. If u are English. There is no bacon as. They. Don't know what that is.Lunch and evening meal. Consists. Of chicken fish cabab veal burgers rice always something different. It's. A shame as I did not eat..much anot that the food was horrible. I did not have an appetite as the weather was to hot.the only thing that got on my nerves was the photographer he would not take no for an answer in the end we had to be rood. To him so he got the message but all in all it is a lovely. Hotel would I go back again yes I would so all you wingers out there that have complained if you want 5 star go and pay for it stop running this hotel down it doesn't. Deseve it.

Room Tip: Choose a lower pool view room 0101
4 Thank 67julie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Aqua
Grand Yazici Club Marmaris Palace
Grand Aquarium
Grand Aquarium
#9 of 77 in Icmeler

Been to Mirage World Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!