“2nd time at this hotel”

Ranked #37 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“2nd time at this hotel”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

the hotel as gone down in standards.it is getting a revamp but needs better entertainment.however the entertainment staff were amazing but a 4 star which it is suppose to be should have more profesional acts.the food had really gone downhill loads of people had stayed there before and all said the same. however the baker was very obliging and made me a vegetarian pizza when it was a meat one and i didnt ask him to.rooms where clean but very small with very little storage space.i would give it a three star tops . stayed at a 4 star aqua last year and no comparisson.it needs indoor entertainment area,better variety of foood ,icecream daily.and they need to stop swilling cups under taps as very unhygenic.it could be a brilliant hotel with a bit of attention to detaik.

3 Thank nicki f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We arrived at mirage world on October 2nd . After a long day due to flight and transfer . First impressions the reception looked nice and clean with helpfull staff. Was abit disappointed in the room due to our family being a family of four two adults 1 child plus and infant so by time double bed travel cot bed for son 4 suit cases and buggy in room well no room. Asked to be moved and didn't get much of a response as we had one of biggest rooms. Lack of entertainment for the kids dispite in brochure. But my son survived with darts and the waterslides. Holiday reps responce was that as the hotel having referb next year and near end of season letting things slide . Wasn't nice to hear.. Wasps are horrendous my 11 month old baby got stung on tongue but the hotel manager couldnt do enough amberlance car was there in minutes and doctor in the medical centre was fantastic. I also got stung as did my son. Food was average plenty of choice. But my husband struggles so lived on good fry ups in the bars in icmeler. Icmeler is a lovely place and is easy to catch dolmus to mararis. Pools were nice but cold and the shop on site open till 11 and top bar by main pool is 24 hour. Rooms cleaned every day. Despite all the little problems we did enjoy it and may consider a return just to see the revamp.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Sabhen29
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed here in May/June for 3 weeks, with my husband. 4 days in to my stay I had a terrible accident while getting in the bath/shower. I had stepped in with my right leg, but slipped on residue soap from the soap tray that had not been cleaned, banged my knee on the slope of the bath & my head on the tiles, while my left leg came down hard on the shower screen tracking, causing severe bruising & pain. This happened @ 7am on Saturday the 4th of June. I went to reception to report this to the manageress & show her the damage, she said if I wanted papers I would have to see the boss, not fully understanding what she meant, I asked her to get the boss, but no one came & I found out later that the boss doesn't speak much English anyway, so what would have been the point She never asked if I needed a Doctor she was preoccupied by some other matter. After 2 days my situation had become more serious so I spoke to the rep OZAN KAPLAN & he came @ 2pm & took me to the Kinidos clinic in Marmaris, where he knew the doctor personally. The assessed prescribed some antibiotics & cream to put on the bruising & was taken back to the hotel by one of the staff, to be paid their £860 for the consultation. After 8 days I returned to the clinic as nothing was improving & in the end a Turkish friend rang the AHU Hospital & the consultant told him to take me in. He was horrified when he saw my injury & told my husband that I would have been dead in 2 days had he not performed the surgery, to relief my pain, take out a huge hematoma & 8 blood clots. I was in hospital 3 days on returned to the Mirage to check out & in this time no one except the bell boy asked me how I was. We moved to another hotel as I had to attend the hospital everyday to have my dressing changed & check my wound. I was given permission to fly home on the 24th of June & then spent 12 days in hospital for further surgery. I shall be scared for life, but the hotel & the rep have told a load of lies to the travel company, saying it was my own fault as I slipped on the floor because my husband had been in the shower before me, he was fast asleep my scream woke him up.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
11 Thank blondsdoitbetter
Hessle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Our first visit. You are right in the middle of the resort-beach 2 minutes walk. Hotel food is good and rooms have everything you wish for, except a kettle etc, l like my coffee first thing, so we only by good luck took our travel kettle with coffee and tea bags.
The hotel has 2 swimming pools, plenty of sun beds. But on 2 bars which one closes at 10pm, a bummer when you are on holiday !, The hotel was around 10% Brits and 90% Dutch who get up very early for the sun beds, but are friendly. The choice of food is ok, other all inc we have had have much more choice and snacks available all day, not just buns etc, the coffee and tea machines not really my ( for give me) cup of tea. But l really enjoyed our week. Would go again for a week. It seems to be one of the better hotels in the resort, great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden or poolroom.
6 Thank Terry058
march cambs
Reviewed 22 September 2013

hi we stayed at the mirage again from the 5th sept to the 19th again and I must say it was just as good as last year the only trouble we had this year was we didn't book through Thomas cook and we have figured out that if you book independiently then you don't get preferrentual treatment as everyone who didn't book through Thomas cook got put into including us into a different hotel over the road when you first arrive and also you don't get given any of the better rooms apart from that the hotel is very good great location cleaners do a great job great facilitys and the food is excellent this year great job chef not many brits stay here it it mainly full of dutch but they are ok all in all great hotel great location please don't be put of but book through Thomas cook

Room Tip: room 1311 is a good room had it in 2012
5 Thank bigbert30
sheffield
Reviewed 20 September 2013

we stayed 2 weeks in mirage world 5th sept while 19th sept on arrival we were a bit worried as lights would not work in our room but electrician came and sorted it in 10 minutes.
room was ok but a bit small worst bit was our balcony faced a wall so we got no sun all day,
food was ok but theres only so much chicken you can eat in 2 weeks,
entertainment was the best thing about the hotel my daughter loved the mini disco and the lads who ran it overall had an enjoyable holiday would definatly go again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Oxford
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Me and my partner stayed here for 2 weeks from 31st Aug-14th Sep 2013 and we had a very enjoyable stay! The transfers took about 3 hours but it was worth it as Icmeler is a beautiful place!
Staff very friendly and they escort you and take your luggage to your room on arrival.
Rooms suited us to stay in, a lot of people complain that the walls are dirty and the carpets are not lined up perfectly etc but there was a clean comfy bed and a shower so that is the most important thing (Some people too fussy or purely just have a bad experience for whatever reason).
Sheets and towels changed everyday, only little annoying thing was the maids constantly knocked every 5 minutes in the morning to clean the rooms although we had the do not disturb sign on the door.
Swimming pools and slides are great, sometimes difficult to get sunbeds as people leave towels on there but seeing as the beach is a 2 minute walk we wasn't going to let that spoil the day!!
There is lots of shops, bars and restaurant's close by!
I would highly recommend The Mirage Bar that is located within the hotel where you need to pay for drinks but this is very cheap! Down the road is Wonder Bar which do brilliant cocktails and all types of music, new & old which is great!
The food in the hotel was enjoyable, there is always fresh salad out.. My partner is vegetarian and still managed to find a satisfying meal.. Alcoholic drinks, not much variety but beer is nice & refreshing. It was difficult to order drinks at first as they have no drinks menu so you have to ask.
Midnight soup is delicious!!
The night time entertainment about 9pm is for the children, after they do different nights eg Karaoke, bingo, belly dances, Turkish dance shows (if it doesn't suit you head to the bars outside).
If I was to recommend where to book excursions I would head out of the hotel to your left about 3 shops down ask for SILVA, he gives VERY GOOD deals for day trips, we got about 5 excursions for about £150 for 2 of us and they are all very honest (no rip offs).
Tattoo shop in the hotel I would recommend as me and my partner both had tattoos and they have healed fine, just make sure you have the design in mind as the
man that prepares your tattoo on the computer doesn't speak or understand very good English but the tattooist is brilliant and can understand your needs!
Overall I would definitely return to Icmeler, this hotel is having a refurbishment in 2014 so I would say it would be an almost perfect place to stay as there is very little to fault!
Turkish lira is great value for money!! Shops, beach, bars, restaurants, taxi, buses all close together within a minutes walk! Hassle to go in shops, bars and restaurants I think I think is normal in most foreign countries but you just have to politely say no thank you or HEFET LUTFEN in Turkish which means no thank you which they appreciate a lot more!
Hope this helps :)