“Mediocre”

Mirage World Resort Hotel
Ranked #36 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
“Mediocre”
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Upon arrival we didn't know what to expect because there were a lot of mixed reviews. But when we got to the hotel we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean although they could do with a bit of modernisation. But all in the rooms were nice and the bathroom was clean and a good size. The only downfall was the food, we had booked an all inclusive which in the end we ended up regretting. After the first few nights we noticed that the meals were starting to get repetitive and it started to become boring. We had spoken to staff regarding this but they didn't do anything. We ended up having to go out and spend money on meals. We weren't happy about this and I definitely wouldn't opt for an all inclusive at this hotel. Aside from the food the hotel has great facilities/amenities for the kids to use. There is a fantastic pool are which keeps the kids busy while you can relax and unwind on the deck chairs by the pool. All in this holiday was enjoyable but I wouldn't stay at the same hotel again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Alisha A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Danbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Upon arrival on 6th September 2013 we were allocated a Family Room although we had booked two Double rooms for our party of three adults. The Family room is only adequate for two adults and up to two small children. There was nothing they could do at that time (after midnight) but we were reroomed the next day afternoon. My feeling is that we would have remained in the Double room had we not complained. Indeed on two further occasions we heard similar complaints from other guests whilst we were in Reception. The food is standard fare for this type of hotel although there was plenty of it. The redeeming factor for this hotel was the restaurant and bar staff who were a delight. Sadly the same couldn't be said for the Management who in my view were a disgrace. We will not return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank David H
Harwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Have just returned from a late holiday booking at the mirage world. I found this hotel to be of the standard expected for the price paid. Rooms small but clean. Food not exceptional but certainly adequate and of a good standard. Entertainment left a lot to be desired but to be fair, it was the end of the season. Would have been okay if you were in the 18 -30 age group. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is due for a revamp this year and I'm sure that this will boon for the future.
Selim's wellness centre/spa with sauna and massage was of very good standard. You paid a little extra for this but it was well worth it for the standard of service recieved. Privacy in the sauna and turkish bath was most welcome and I can only say that the massage recieved was one of the best I have ever had. A centre for relaxation and for healing both the body and the spirit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not near the bar as this can be a trifle noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Trish S
Inverness, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

this hotel lacks many of the points you would expect from a 4star hotel. rooms so small had to live out of the suit case, as no storage space. FOOD,.unless you liked salad the food choices were canteen quality, fortunately we had no children with us as chicken nuggets and chips was there only choice and ice cream one evening a week. The entertainment was DIY, the guest were the entertainment. Not good value for an all inclusive holiday,

Room Tip: ask for a bigger room, still no where to put clothes,
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mMIross
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

the hotel as gone down in standards.it is getting a revamp but needs better entertainment.however the entertainment staff were amazing but a 4 star which it is suppose to be should have more profesional acts.the food had really gone downhill loads of people had stayed there before and all said the same. however the baker was very obliging and made me a vegetarian pizza when it was a meat one and i didnt ask him to.rooms where clean but very small with very little storage space.i would give it a three star tops . stayed at a 4 star aqua last year and no comparisson.it needs indoor entertainment area,better variety of foood ,icecream daily.and they need to stop swilling cups under taps as very unhygenic.it could be a brilliant hotel with a bit of attention to detaik.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank nicki f
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We arrived at mirage world on October 2nd . After a long day due to flight and transfer . First impressions the reception looked nice and clean with helpfull staff. Was abit disappointed in the room due to our family being a family of four two adults 1 child plus and infant so by time double bed travel cot bed for son 4 suit cases and buggy in room well no room. Asked to be moved and didn't get much of a response as we had one of biggest rooms. Lack of entertainment for the kids dispite in brochure. But my son survived with darts and the waterslides. Holiday reps responce was that as the hotel having referb next year and near end of season letting things slide . Wasn't nice to hear.. Wasps are horrendous my 11 month old baby got stung on tongue but the hotel manager couldnt do enough amberlance car was there in minutes and doctor in the medical centre was fantastic. I also got stung as did my son. Food was average plenty of choice. But my husband struggles so lived on good fry ups in the bars in icmeler. Icmeler is a lovely place and is easy to catch dolmus to mararis. Pools were nice but cold and the shop on site open till 11 and top bar by main pool is 24 hour. Rooms cleaned every day. Despite all the little problems we did enjoy it and may consider a return just to see the revamp.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Sabhen29
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I stayed here in May/June for 3 weeks, with my husband. 4 days in to my stay I had a terrible accident while getting in the bath/shower. I had stepped in with my right leg, but slipped on residue soap from the soap tray that had not been cleaned, banged my knee on the slope of the bath & my head on the tiles, while my left leg came down hard on the shower screen tracking, causing severe bruising & pain. This happened @ 7am on Saturday the 4th of June. I went to reception to report this to the manageress & show her the damage, she said if I wanted papers I would have to see the boss, not fully understanding what she meant, I asked her to get the boss, but no one came & I found out later that the boss doesn't speak much English anyway, so what would have been the point She never asked if I needed a Doctor she was preoccupied by some other matter. After 2 days my situation had become more serious so I spoke to the rep OZAN KAPLAN & he came @ 2pm & took me to the Kinidos clinic in Marmaris, where he knew the doctor personally. The assessed prescribed some antibiotics & cream to put on the bruising & was taken back to the hotel by one of the staff, to be paid their £860 for the consultation. After 8 days I returned to the clinic as nothing was improving & in the end a Turkish friend rang the AHU Hospital & the consultant told him to take me in. He was horrified when he saw my injury & told my husband that I would have been dead in 2 days had he not performed the surgery, to relief my pain, take out a huge hematoma & 8 blood clots. I was in hospital 3 days on returned to the Mirage to check out & in this time no one except the bell boy asked me how I was. We moved to another hotel as I had to attend the hospital everyday to have my dressing changed & check my wound. I was given permission to fly home on the 24th of June & then spent 12 days in hospital for further surgery. I shall be scared for life, but the hotel & the rep have told a load of lies to the travel company, saying it was my own fault as I slipped on the floor because my husband had been in the shower before me, he was fast asleep my scream woke him up.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple