“OK, but wouldn't return.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mirage World Resort Hotel

Mirage World Resort Hotel
Ranked #37 of 79 Hotels in Icmeler
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
“OK, but wouldn't return.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I am just on the last day of my two week stay whilst writing this review.
The hotel itself is ok, very basic and clean. Beds very hard and uncomfortable (I haven't slept properly in a fortnight and I now have an awfully bad back too!)
Absolutely NO storage space in the rooms.
The pool areas are nice, perfect for kids.
The food is ok but gets very repetitive, if I see another pizza, salad or pasta dish again I think I might throw a fit ha!
The drinks are very limited, just local beer wine vodka whisky gin and raki.
The attitude of certain staff leave a lot to be desired. There was one particular staff member who worked in the pool bar (who had no hair) I can't remember his name so that is the only description I can give.
This individual spent the first 3 nights continually hassling me , calling me his 'baby" and his 'darling' which was really irritating as I had made it clear I was NOT interested. Anyway, after 3 days he seemed to get the message that I was not interested , but then proceeded to be very rude and arrogant to me and my mother! He would get other staff members to serve us drinks if we were at the bar and he was free. He completely ignored us whilst freely chatting to every other customer. Discusting behaviour to be honest! Some of the other staff weren't much better, just walking up to you and taking your glasses and plates without asking if you had finished (a number of times I had not finished my drink or food and they still took it!!)
However there were some lovely staff, one in particular who worked in the restaurant with spikey black hair that could not do enough for you!
I also had a photography shoot whilst here, it was fantastic and I'd definatley recommend it! Also the turkish bath in the hotel was lovely.
All in all the stay has been average, I would not re visit but I wouldn't discourage people from coming here either, just not my cup of tea. I have been coming to icmeler for 17 years in a row and I have never experienced such poor attitude from the staff! All the turkish people I have met have been lovely and are now lifelong friends, it's a shame that at this hotel it is not the case.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank LisaMayhew

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have just returned from this hotel after a weeks all inclusive. The hotel has been recently refurbished and we were in one of the new rooms above the reception area. As most reviewers have said, there are no drawers in the room, but also no shelf or place to put soap, shower gel, etc in the bathroom.
The balcony door also did not lock, but after a couple of visits, this was sorted.
The pool areas are very nice, with one quiet and one lively one, and are kept very clean by the staff. The food and drinks, however let it down. There is very little choice in the restaurant unless you like salad, chips, pizza and nuggets. And the drink choice is beer, wine, vodka, gin, brandy and whiskey(all watered down by the ice).
The entertainment is a little amateur, although there was a good band on one night. The staff do try hard though and are very approachable.
The hotel is in a very good location for the beach, dolmus and water taxis to Marmaris and Turunc, and there are good pubs, restaurants around well worth a visit.
Turkey has changed a lot since our last trip, and is now a lot more regulated, and the all-inclusive hotels have had a real effect on the town. It is a lot quieter now and the nightlife seems to stop at 11.30pm.
If you go there please eat out a bit as well as the local restaurants need the custom and do serve better food than the hotels. It is not as cheap as it used to be, but still good value.

Room Tip: Choose a room in new block if possible. Upstairs terrace is quiet and hardly used.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank SRSTAUD
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Amazing holiday had by our family !!! Loved it , jimmy jaz jens and Debbie were amazing entertainment staff so kind and really made welcome to join in all activities , We would rebook this hotel tomorrow really recommend , the bar staff and house keeping staff work so hard too . The children's pool is great for play and not to deep that you have to go in with your child you can sit by it and watch which is lovely . We really enjoyed our holiday at the mirage world hotel . Ps jazz I expect to see you on west end stage someday with your amazing voice some day !!, Sarah ,Joel and Darcey Beardsmore .KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ....

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Sarah B
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel not as expected. Rooms without a kettle, 1 sheet and wires hanging out the light fitting. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Food terrible poor choice and low quality unless you're a rabbit and like salad. Little entertainment so don't rely on the kids club, brilliant hairdressers on site can recommend them. To get a sunbed by the pool be there 8am or you've no chance!
Overall we were disappointed and wouldn't stay again unfortunately.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank FrenchiePei
Bristol
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner have recently returned from a weeks stay at mirage world. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Hotel and room was always kept clean. Room was large and modern with massive shower. If you do not like firm mattresses you will not like the bed. We loved it. Large balcony, the view was gorgeous as we were surrounded by mountains. Food was tasty and something different every night. Eggs, pancakes and omelettes cooked every morning how you liked. Basic drinks included in the deal. Tuborg on draft. The bar by the adult pool, which was our favourite, was 24 hours but you had to pay for drinks after 1am. Could not fault the bar staff, absolutely brilliant especially memit who was the life and soul of each night. Hotel is 2 minute walk from beach. We would reccomend the Thompson 'Dalyan check out' trip on the last day if you have a late flight. Transfers, mud baths, boat trip, turtle beach and a hotel to check into of a night before you are transferred to the airport before your flight, all with food included was £45 each. It's worth the money as you have somewhere to shower and change at the end of the day but beware the hotel is not to the best standard and do not expect a good meal from them. But there is a shop nearby. Without sounding biased the hotel definitely looked like the best (and biggest) hotel in icmeler from exploring the area. Would highly reccomend.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Katielh1992
Yorkshire Dales National Park, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just got back from 10 days at this hotel, the rooms are very small but have a lovely walk in shower, cleaned every day with fresh fluffy white towels.
The food was... Ok! we did agree with previous review it was lots of chicken done in different ways the breakfast was nice with omelettes and eggs done to your liking and the upstairs snack bar on a lunch time was also nice, we went out a few times to eat at the "chef" was lovely they had a very funny bread man he made us laugh at all the different things he could make with it, also a must is to go to Tommys bar in the old village he does great food and a lovely Sunday roast beef or chicken dinner and really makes you feel at home.
Animation team... Well they wasn't the best they didn't interact with holiday makers I had more go in me first thing in a morning than they had in the day time it was boring they had darts (with only 2darts) and a few other games to play, water polo in a afternoon that was it no pool dance or aerobics and played the same music cd over and over, and the night time well say no more they was nothing karaoke and that's it hope they sort this for July / august when more families are going! We spoke to a few others about this and all agreed with us a boring team.. We spoke to our rep about this he said it's getting sorted but shouldn't it have been put in place when it opened the only way they will sort it is by changing the four animation team..
The hotel is in a great spot right on the front just a short walk to the beach and bars.
Memit the bar man at the new bar is lovely and keeps the bar spotless always polite when serving your drinks.
Would I go back to this hotel.. Maybe!
Overall we had a nice break and met some lovely people.

Room Tip: All rooms are done the same ours looked onto another hotel but didn't bother us as we didn't...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank caroline186347
liverpool
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have just stayed in this hotel for a week,the rooms are not what was expected from the brochures' they are very small with only coat hangers in a cupboard for storage,didn't c any entertainment and the food was chicken every night,the bar staff especially memhet, is excellent and he alone made our holiday

• Stayed June 2014