“Our family vay-k and 1st time in Turkey”

Mirage World Resort Hotel
Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 23 July 2014

With a lot of pressure from my family members I decided to try Turkey having been to Spain and France many times year after year. We choose Icmeler because I was taking my children on holiday and being their first time also to Turkey I was looking for a calm family resort that was popular with tourist Icmeler was a perfect choice.

We booked Mirage World via First Choice having looked at the other All inclusive hotels they had on the site.

Having read many bad reviews on here after I had booked, I was worried.

First arriving at the hotel at 6.00 am it was beautiful to see the sun coming up on Marmaris and Icmeler on the bus as we headed to the hotel a lovely memory I wont forget was calm, peaceful and beautiful. Mirage World as we pulled up looked stunning from the front view outside the main doors. Just as beautiful in reception and clean , check in was easy and quick. The young man took my cases to my room and showed me how the air con works. I asked for a safe in my room and was given the key on arrival, it cost 65TL and paid on check out.

I shared a room with my two children, we each had our own single beds with crisp white clean sheets. Bathroom was stunning , big square power shower head and a long closed in cubical with tones of room to move around. Also plenty clean towels that were changed daily. There was a mirror with shelving above the sink in the bathroom so plenty room for shampoo bottles etc. Also complimentary Mirage world shampoo, soap, shower caps, cotton wool pads and even a tiny sowing kit. The wardrobe was big enough to hold 3 large suitcases, hangers on a rail I counted 11 of them and a big shelf above that to. I see a lot of people complaining about the lack of storage space but I thought it was really good and enough for us. The safe was in the bottom corner of the wardrobe.

Was really pleased to see a built in fridge and the maid puts a new bottle 1L bottle of water in it everyday also grateful for that as I never had to carry bottles of water from the shop back to my room.
Beds were firm but most comfortable and nice plump pillows. Lights behind the bed shining up the wall, a book light attached to the bed as well perfect ticked all the boxes.
Our balcony was cleaned everyday , we had nice seats and a small table, beautiful sitting out at night and we had a lush view of the mountains.
No problems with the Tv had BBC news and Cartoon network as well as other English channels this suited my kids at bedtime. Very impressed we could use our ipads and Internet from the bedroom.

The hotel supermarket next to the snack bar had everything you would need. My son went everyday for pringles and my daughter loved picking sweets and drinks to take to her room. Nesquick milkshakes in little cartons yummy. We purchased airbed's, perfume, sunscreen , lacoste towels for our sun beds honestly had so much things in the shop everything you could think of this shop had it. The shop had same stuff you could buy down the street and was the same price so if you didn't feel like going out to buy things the shop was ideal. The owners were just so sweet, the man took a real shine to my daughter and my son high fived him in the passing. My daughter got a small plushy elephant from the lady for free she was over the moon and had played with it everyday since she got home. The shop even sold cans of irn bru this really impressed my son.

Turkish bath hammam spa situated within the hotel grounds along from the hairdresser shop. I had planned to go in and book on our second day for me and my mum however the man came round the pool side and chatted to us and booked us in for that afternoon, he advised us to have one before getting proper tanned. He was polite very informative and didn't push us into anything. It cost £20 each and he let my daughter come for free. She had a wash down on the mats and then was covered in chocolate mud and foamed up with bubbles she is only five but loved being pampered on holiday. Me and my mum had to sit in the sauna then taken into the marbled room with mats where we lay and got scrubbed down with the exfoliating gloves, then came the foam and rinsed of with warm water. We then were taken to another room for the hot oil massage. The room was lovely and dark with relaxing music on, my daughter fell asleep so the lady doing my massage moved her onto the lounger bed in the reception where another lady sat next her watching. I was a little panicked but they truly took good care of her. After the oil massage we got to go to the lounger and have a mud face pack put on. I have never been so relaxed and my skin was glowing. The staff in here were brilliant, friendly and happy.

The hotel has a tattoo and piercing shop, it seemed good value for the tattoos and I watched the man that owned the shop thru the window doing a tattoo one night. He has a hamster with a tiny baby in a cage , my kids liked to look in every time we passed.

The hairdresser shop did everything from highlights to hair extension. I did pop in one morning and get half my hair braided as my hair normal straight seem to frizz in Turkey so having it braided was manageable. It only lasted 4 days as the braiding bands snapped and melted in the heat. He did give me extra bands away with me but they melted also. It cost me £11 so cheap. I seen young girls with all their hair braided and it was cute. I did find the hairdressers harder to understand as their English is very poor but so is my Turkish.

Photo stand....

The staff working and offering the photo shoot is a must, it is free and you only pay for your photos if you want them. You chose what ones you want to keep and what ones you want him to delete. The guy had asked every night as I walked by and I put him off saying no kids are tired etc. I really had no intension's of getting photos done as I had my camera with me and my hubby is a photographer , we have tons of professional photos of the kids at home, however after leaving the restaurant on our last evening the man stopped me on my way past and I agreed he could take a few photos of my daughter only as my son had disappeared along with my mum and dad. Well the pictures were out of this world, truly amazing cant fault them one bit and we took them home to hubby as a gift he loved them. The photographer was great with her she copied his poses and was happy. It cost me £30 for 15 photos and since I have been home I got one of them enlarged and made into a canvas its beautiful. I will be back next year and doing this again but a family photo shoot.

Food.... The restaurant was huge and even a nice dinning area outside. We are a family of picky eaters however we found loads to eat. Breakfast was fresh pancakes with syrup made on the grill outside , eggs, toast with jam , beans mini sausages or omelettes with whatever you wish on them. The chef stands and makes it with his wok at the top of the restaurant..

We never made lunch at all because the snack bar at the top pool had everything we wanted hotdog's in a roll, burgers, onion rings, chips and fresh fruit the peaches were my fav yummy.

Dinner had a large selection kebabs, rice, pasta, salad, chips, pizza, chicken nuggets, soup , again chief was making some special dishes at the top for the restaurant.

Desserts so many to pick from I had three every night just delicious.

We ate well however it was so hot we ate a lot less than we would at home.

My daughter loved the ice cream on a cone after dinner.
Drinks like coffee, tea, hot chocolates, slushy drinks, iced water and flavoured drinks are at the bars and they are machine made so you just got help yourself. Fizzy drinks and alcohol you have to got to the bar counter to be served.

Pools... There are two pools , one outside the main building and the other upstairs knows as the top pool lol.

The top pool is huge and has two water slides. The hotel only put one on each day as they are close together. And there is a separate kids pool a good sized one.

The pool areas were kept spotlessly clean and we tended to use the top pool as my son loved the water slides and my daughter was happy playing in the kids pool.

Always sun loungers available. Loved the top bar, quick service and a nice place to lounge in the shade. We only once on our last day had a pool issue. Most guests were respectful and as the slides are not manned by staff its common scene to be careful and watch when you are going on making sure the person before you has left the slide and area. Most guests did this however one wild teenage brat who had been annoying a few people at the pool had went flying down the slide as soon as my son had went on collided with him on the slide and landed on him in the pool, my son hurt his foot and the teenage gave him a mouthful. I quickly pulled the teenager up and that was the end of it.

SuneoClub team were good with guests and the kids, however JIMMY from Holland was the only team member that actually came over and introduced himself and had a chat with us. He was very friendly and a real diamond a credit to Mirage world .I couldn't tell you the rest of the team names but easily spotted in their yellow shirts.
Activity's in and around the pool during the day and games and kids discos at night again at the top pool was fab all run by the SuneoClub team.

Mirage world was situated in the perfect position. A short walk to the beach and the shops started just to the left of the hotel follow the shops down and then you are right in Icmeler square the centre basically. We went out shopping and wondering every night to icmeler square with the dolphin statues and water fountains. My kids loved going over the bridge near canal and seeing the ducks at night. Beach is lovely , clean with clear blue sea.
It was so hot and hotter than our weather forecast had predicted so we mainly lounged around pool during the day nipping to our rooms for a little nap late afternoon and ready for dinner and out again. We still seen most of the night entertainment. Some nights it was still to hot so we would have a drink at the bar next to the main building and have it inside as the air con was super cold and was lovely to cool down. When it was dark the bar was lighting up and changing colours was truly lovely. All in I found this hotel to be beautiful, clean, spacious and friendly staff. I loved the Turks most friendly people I have even encountered. I will be returning to Mirage World next year. I have already booked it and only been back for two weeks. Best holiday ever and my kids agree.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
23  Thank Scot-Aud

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Great location, food same everyday, linen in rooms stained, alcohol made us ill was not good quality, cleanliness of staff was terrible!
Putting towels round pool at 6 am!!!
Only good thing was the spa, great treatments!
Would not recommend hotel and is defiantly not a 4 star!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Me and my partner have just come back from staying at e mirage and all I can stay is what a fantastic holiday and hotel! I was a little optimistic from reading through the reviews but was extremely pleased with my stay, the mirage has recently gone under refurbishment and they have made a fantastic job of it, being in the construction industry I can see where a couple of things weren't as good as I would want them to be but I am not going to me the person to bad mouth about this or put pictures of it up! It's all well within there regulations and it would just be me being extremely picky! A few of the reviews are complaining about food? The only way the food could be an issue is if you were a very fussy eater and if you are don't go all inclusive in the first place. Something for everyone really great selection for a all inc hotel, drinks limited cocktails ect are extra but local drinks where fine for us and a brilliant service from bar staff!! I cannot comment on the entertainment as we didn't bother watching any of it but sounded like there was a lot on would recommended hotel for a family for the large two pools and water slides! I would recommended this hotel to absolutely everyone you have to be extremely fussy and picky to be able to put a bad review on this hotel!!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bobby C
Reviewed 20 July 2014

First time holiday to turkey which we loved (my husband) but the hotel is a massive let down! Its lovely looking on the outside but thats where it stops! Majority of the staff were rude and made it clear they didn't like the brits; food was very basic unless u like chips n salad n more chips! Room was basic n the door on to the balcony didn't lock! No room or storage space anywhere! We're goinback to Icemeler but self catering n not at this hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michelle m
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have been back for a week and have to write a review, this is the first time I have ever written on trip advisor but feel the Hotel needs to be written about as I feel it has been unfairly judged, We stayed in a room that was lovely it was on the same level as the upper veranda and was clean, tidy and spacious having said that the room my daughter was due to stay in was not of the same standard we went to the reception and she was changed to the room opposite us which again was lovely Thank you to the reception team for doing this with no hassles. The bar and restaurant staff were great and always happy to help as always you treat people with respect they will treat you with respect. If you get the chance to have treatment you really must do it, me and my husband started our holiday with one of the spa package deals which was a sauna, body scrub, Turkish bath, body massage and face pack all for £20.00 each then completed our holiday with the above but instead of body scrub we had honey oil massage absolutely fantastic with great professional staff it is defiantly a must have. Also having your photo taken with the on site photographer the photo he took were amazing it was so hard to narrow the photos down they all were fantastic and now the most beautiful photo of my daughter has pride of place in the living room, The only negative is the sun beds all beds were reserved from 6am but don’t panic go to the beach and for 5 tl you can get a bed all day with beach waiter service. We had a great time and will go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank serina y
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My wife and I have just returned after two weeks in the Mirage and what great holiday we had.Like others I was a little apprehensive having read other reviews but glad to say those negative reviews were unfounded.Yes the rooms are a little small with a shortage of storage space but given the amount of time you spend in your room its not a problem.They are spotless and cleaned daily with wall mounted TV inc BBC world news.Regarding the food they had a very good selection for breakfast lunch and dinner and not just chicken . All the staff were friendly and helpful esp the bar staff in the upper bar. The AI is finished in the upper bar at 12 o clock and in the lower bar at 1AM .The animation team of Debbie,Jimmy,Jens and Jaz were excellent and ensured the holiday was even better encouraging every body to take part without being to pushy.(my only complaint is they should have had pool games every day rather than noon pool activities as in their schedule) The hotel location is excellent with shops restaurants bars and beach on your door step .Also no hassle when
shopping or from the bars and restaurants like most destinations in Turkey.Great mix of guests mainly Dutch Danes Belgians and some UK .Go and enjoy you will not be sorry

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
11  Thank chelseaboyCork
Reviewed 12 July 2014

stayed at this hotel for one week on the 9th of june 2014..one of the best places ive stayed in icmeler..staff were happy smileing hard working..food was plentiful and excellent selection..such a chill out hotel lots of Russians stay here but all seemed friendly..met some nice English..ive stayed in the vela but prefer this hotel..had fab Turkish bath here just everything about the place I loved..yes more storage would be an asset in bedrooms..good drinks selection and bar served till 1am always served with a smile by all from reception/bar/resturants/ excellent..will return..stop complaining and give this place a chance they will achieve their stars..thankyou mirage world..

Room Tip: side of the hotel away from bar..