“Paradise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Mar-Bas
Ranked #45 of 79 Hotels in Icmeler
“Paradise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

Nice hotel, clean, the cleaning ladies are lovely, I left a ball of tangled bangles and necklaces on dressing table when I came back they were all laid out untangled on dresser. Food is fresh and nice, location is beautiful, I wouldn't think twice of going back to the marbas

• Stayed May 2011
11 Thank Sarahsaul1999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Blackburn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

w e stayed at the Marbas having been double booked at the Blue Rainbow and got put in the Idas, believe me this hotel is paradise compared to that hotel, although we was put on the top floor and the rooms wasnt over big and could do with an update it was a very enjoyable stay, the food was a lot more varied and tastier than i imagined it to be for an A/I hotel, i thought it would be a lot of chicken dishes but we did get meat quite a lot, the hotel is kept clean although the cleaners did seem to get to our room at the time we was showering for evening meal so we ended up telling them to leave it, think they need more staff,t all in all had a good holiday.

Room Tip: try to ask for 1st or 2nd floor then you dont end up in the attic.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Anita_Shutt
cheshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

needs facelift , poor food, staff not keen on english people cant be bothered attitude slow service at bar, dont get room top floor sea view you are stuck in the attic with an unsafe balcony , just dont bother going !!!

Room Tip: dont get the top floor sea view
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank gerrard c

Travellers are raving about these Icmeler hotels

Norrkoping, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

We had a nice stay at hotel Marbas. The hotel is situated next to the beach. We had all inclusive and we were satisfied with the food an d service. The staff, especially at the frontdesk were extremly nice and helpful. The rooms were very nice, nothing to complain about. When our flight back were delayed the hotel offered us rooms without any cost. We walked to Marmaris and took a small boat back, really nice. We also took a small boat to Turunc, a really nice place, I recommend this trip.

Icmeler is a really nice place and the only minus was the bar and nightclub nextdoor to the hotel. They played music very loudly until 2 o´clock and the staff was very unpolite and tried to trick us. The talked about misunderstanding even though my husband speaks turkish.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AWW_11
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2011

My wife and I had to transfer to Icmeler from Kalkan for health reasons and we were charged an extra £160 as the Mar Bas was classed as an 'upgrade' WHAT A JOKE!.

Upon our arrival we were shown to an 'attic'. The furniture was out of the sixties, the air conditioning was provided on a rationed basis, ie only on at certain times, for what it was worth, as it hardly made any difference to the room temperature at all. The toilet seat was broken and lay on the bathroom floor and the fridge was totally useless.

However, it was explained to us that the fridge wasn't really a fridge but a 'cooler'. (which was also a misdescription as it didnt cool anything) The room was on the fifth floor and right next to the lift shaft and we were disturbed all night long by the lift going up and down. The curtains didnt fit the window and so when 5am arrived the sun shone straight in and woke us up. This is a very noisy hotel.

The first thing that we did in the morning was pack our bags and demanded to be moved. The rep from 'Jewel in the crown' arrived and listened to our complaints and we told him that we wanted to move, he tried to convince us that the Mar Bas was a 4 star hotel - Hah! the only way this dump would get a 4 star rating would be if Stevie Wonder was the hotel inspector. We couldnt even get a drink from the hotel bar as this was reserved for AI guests so we had to go to the bar next door.

We have been to Icmeler 3 times now and we have never had a problem with any hotel, we usually stay in 3 star accomodation so we dont exactly expect the Ritz but this place is an absolute dump, the only good thing about it is that it is located handily for the main road of restaurants and bars.

If you are considering staying at the Mar Bas, I would suggest that you do yourself a favour and stay next door at the Gol Mar instead, we have stayed there and it is a decent hotel.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Arsonfire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

Got moved to this hotel after having a nightmare at blue rainbow, this hotel was a breath of fresh air, clean, fresh food, excellent location, maids clean your room and do great little touches, this hotel is a great place

• Stayed May 2011
4 Thank Sarahsaul
Sofia, Bulgaria
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2011

Me and my boyfriend went in Marbas July 2010 and my troubles began. When we made the reservation we were promised to have I nice room with a terrace and that was my only recommendation – to have a room with a terrace and a calm holiday with my boyfriend, but when we arrived the problems began. Firstly we were situated in a very small and narrow room on the ground floor up to the kitchen. The room was very small so small that I could not open the mini bar door without moving the bed… so just imagine how narrow it was… and we have no balcony and when I opened the window to get some fresh air, the only air that entered the room was the hot smelling fume from the kitchen so I went to make a complain to the reception. But I had no solution to the problem, so I was forced to be in touch with the representative of my tourist company to go to the manager to solve the problem. Finally in two days time I had a new room; it was small but with a very nice view. I was surprised to reveal that in the hotel I should pay extra to have an air condition out oh the hours that were defined although I remember when I booked the hotel it was not mentioned in the contract. The other problem was that there was I man-supervisor I think, who was looking at as we were like criminals I do not know why, and it made me feel very inconvenient. Although there was supposed to have free wireless internet in the lobby I took the password for it very difficult, firstly the lady from the lobby told me that there is no free internet, but when I argued with her and show the presentation of the hotel that was written that it is free she gave me the password. Finally after having 5 days with a full and peaceful rest I had my final problem, when we left the hotel we were forced to pay room service that was not ours, I made a scandal again and asked for the receipt where it was clearly written the hour of the order-and it was before we move to the new room and the signature was not mine. Although all the inconvenience the hotel was very cozy and perfectly situated, the food was very nice and made with touch. The hotel was clean, there was no animation and the service was not good but all this was compensated with the nice view and the calm atmosphere. The swimming pool was very small, but for the 3 stars I think it was good.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple