“No thanks”
Review of Kurt Apartments

Kurt Apartments
Ranked #41 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 3 October 2013

When arriving at the apartments we was shown directly to our room, it seemed cleaned although the floor was wet due to a leak, it was quickly dealt with and all seemed well!! Then it became clear that Kurt junior and senior didn't seem to care about there customers or there holiday in the slightest, there was holes in the towels, the taps in the shower where on the wrong way round which lead to a few ice cold showers....we were hassled every night to eat and stay at the apartments even though there was very little going on!!! Mustaf the bar man was a lovely gent the only member of staff that was, we often stayed to have a drink with him in the evening when all other staff had gone!!! The final straw was on our departure waiting for our transfer, Kurt senior pulled us to one side and told us we was very disrespectful as we hadn't sat and eaten with them in the evening!!! Truly awful service

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Alison1990xx

Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

I will give my honest opinion ..
I am a single father who took my 7 year old daughter on holiday.
We arrived at 1am and was met by Mr Kurt senior & Mustafa the barman ( who took our cases)
Mr Kurt junior checked us in. I was shocked when he asked us for £72 uk Monet for a weeks aircon & a weeks safe. I paid but later discovered (by the infi on the room doors) that it should have been £5 per night aircon and £15a week safe..I confronted Mr Kurt junior who said oh it was an error and refunded me the money I had overpaid. I also over heard Mr Kurt junior try charge another couple £100 for a weeks aircon and safe. Just be aware of this.
The rooms are bright,clean and comfy. A sofa bed abs twin beds. The maids were excellent and cleaned the rooms every day to an high standard. Towels were changed regularly. Also be aware you will need to buy your own toilet rook when the half roll they supply runs out.
We stayed in room 201 overlooking the pool excellent views. Talking to other guests the other apt block was not as good and didn't have the views. Rooms starting with 1,2 & 3 are in block A the good one..
The pool was fine for our needs ( my daughter was never out of it) and cleaned every evening. I was surprised the apt gave you drinks in glasses and bottles to take around the pool area. Maybe plastic would be far safer.
There was plenty sunbeds and no need for the towel reserves to put towels on the sun lounges which made a refreshing change.
The food was fine too despite negative comments on here stating its too expensive. I think £10 for any steak and £3 for a jacket potato with any filling is good value. The people who tend to complain are the ones who bring their own food and drinks around the pool when signs clearly ask you not to do ( like most apts/hotels do )
I would say it would not hurt for the Kurts to smile and be more friendly mr Kurt junior I'd obviously a businessman trying to make a living but he could do it by being more client friendly, a smile goes a long way. Mr Kurt senior was far nicer towards the clients.
Mr Kurt senior has his own boat and runs boat trips. At £10 per adult & £5 per child excellent value with a BBQ lunch and highly recommended.
The weekly BBQ night was not the best, was told a minimum of 3acts on but just a belly dancer and a 5 minute robotman show. Food fine for £14 per adult & £7 per child seems ok but try other hotels who offer similar at much less.
Would I return?
Yes most definitely, but I would be more aware of Mr Kurt junior ( he just told my daughter to call him junior when she asked him his name). If he livened up and smiled more it would make a world of difference

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank SeanMcMoran
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Went to kurt in july. Very peaceful location. Lovely pool. Was put on 3rd floor but too many stairs as had not long had op. But was given another room the next day which was very accomodating. Very clean and the maid and barman so friendly as was old mr kurt and his wife. Would definatly go back. Thanks kurt apart

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank caroles1965
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Unless your prepared to only eat and drink at their hotel which is expensive, forget friendly service and also be prepared to carry your bags as we did up and down 6 flights of stairs, twice as 1 of our 2 rooms was not available on arrival, despite booking well in advance and had to move to hotel next door, watch your exchange rate if paying in £'s should have been 3TL but Kurt's was 2.4TL, lovely Hotel ruined by one greedy son.

Room Tip: not above second floor if you have problem with stairs
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Teresa D
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My wife 2 kids anfd myself have just got back from the Kurt Apts and had a fantastic relaxing Holiday.
Old Mr Kurt is a friendly chap young Mr Kurt can seem rude but its just how he comes across. He is probably tired as he works 20 hour days.
Any problems are sorted immediately ie no bath mat and air conditioning had slight leak both sorted within half an hour
The staff are lovely and friendly and the atmosphere around the pool is friendly and relaxed
The rooms are clean and bright and the pool is cleaned everyday.
Will book again next year

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank stevecosham
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Apartments were clean and safe, ignore all the bad reports. The atmosphere was very peaceful and nice. We came to Marmaris from Ankara. The pool was clean, we rented 2 apartments. We came there with our mother, they liked this place too. And we are looking forward to come again next summer for sure!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gülsevin G
Reviewed 11 August 2013

When arriving at our apartments early morning ,very tired we were shown directly to our apartment and quickly settled with kids.When greeted by mr kurt and kurt junior they were very pleasant and welcoming.Attended the turkish night which i thought the food was very good indeed,Would have eaten at hotel a lot more had the prices been a bit cheaper compared to outside restaurants.The maid was first class and worked very hard.Mustafa the barman was lovley.Would stay here again in future as kids loved it,making quite a few friends,ourselves included.Read negative comments regarding this hotel,which is nonsense in my opinion.YOU CANT PLEASE EVERYONE I SUPPOSE.Look forward to returning next year hopefully.

Room Tip: Ask for apartment near pool i.e.room 102.Comes with princess the cat lol.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family