“Marti La Perla - CHANGES IN A YEAR”
Review of Marti La Perla

Marti La Perla
Ranked #38 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
Heswall, United Kingdom
“Marti La Perla - CHANGES IN A YEAR”
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We visited Marti La Perla again this year- what a disappointment compared to all our previous visits apparently new management have been installed and alot of the old staff no were to be seen The room we were given was facing a brick wall ( I complained at reception - fully booked no help what so ever when I complained again the only available room was a deluxe room which we took at an extra charge but well worth it So much for the loyalty card you are given as a regular customer ) the entertainment this year was absolutely awful except for when they had a live group on The Sun Beds with the parasols all had towels on at 7.00am in the morning and not being used until about 11.00am i cannot believe a hotel has changed so much since last October On a positive note The Staff were Polite enough The hairdressers Fabulous such good value The food very Nice but not as much variety The Childrens pool slide has now been taken awayand they have upgraded around this area with another restaurant which was lovely for the daytime snacks
After our experience this year we will not be going back to the Marti la Perla for a long time which is such a shame as we loved this Hotel

Room Tip: De Luxe room Fabulous Views Do not go on the 5th floor as a number of the rooms have restricted vi...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Maureen P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I have been to the Marti Resort several times but last year had friends staying at the La Perla at the same time as us and they weren't allowed into the Marti to meet us which was strange as they had spent money using the sauna during the day. Anyway, we decided to give the La Perla a try this year.
The hotel is similar to the Marti but smaller and has a less spacious pool area. There were ample sunbeds and shades on the private beach.

The room we were given was nice as was the bathroom. However, the rooms were not cleaned until nearly 5.00pm most days, and one day not at all. There was no lock on the bathroom door so having a shower in the late afternoon knowing the maid could walk in was a problem.

The food was average and some items were over seasoned with garlic which I don't like. Wine and beer is served by the glass at the bar in the dining room.

I can't give my opinion on the entertainment as I went out at night. The hotel doesn't take bookings for anyone under the age of 16.

All in all the hotel is good value and is very clean and well maintained and the staff are nice but I have to say I preferred the Marti Resort but I probably am a little biased.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank mkeeno17
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Ive just returned from staying at this hotel for two weeks for my honeymoon. I'd say that hotel was good overall but ran into a few issues along our two weeks.

First impressions were great they made a huge fuss over us being on honeymoon putting flowers in the bedroom and bathroom. Bedroom overall was a decent size with a huge comfy bed. There's a tv in the room but only Turkish and danish channels bar BBC news. The bathroom is a very good size and they provide the following shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, soap, comb, tooth brush,.tooth paste, mouthwash and shower cap. They replace the soap shampoo and gel but nothing else. I had to ask for conditioner and was given a used bottle. Also the bath had no mat and I slipped more than once. only other issue regarding bedrooms was they took things like blankets and dressing gowns to clean they and they weren't replaced for days I had to ask and even then the dressing gown never returned.

The hotel is spotless clean there are staff everywhere although in the dining room they are a little to keen to take plates away. Also the dining room doesn't have disabled access. A gentleman in a wheel chair struggled every day up the ten steps. Food in the main dining room was ok at best I had food poisoning twice and my husband once and up until that point we had only eaten at the hotel. Check chicken is cooked because a lady who we got talking to cut hers open to see it wasn't cooked at all. However there is now two al la carte restaurants on site (no slide and water fall as most pics show this is now the restaurants) one is Turkish and one Italian both incredibly delicious. As far as drinks they have proper coke etc but only local alcohol which is fine. However they have no cocktail menu if you want one just ask and they will make you one but you never get the same thing twice. Mentioned this to guest relations didn't get far.

As far as daytime entertainment it got VERY boring being there for two weeks. Same thing everyday and same programme morning and afternoon. Water gym, then darts, then bocca then water polo. Then same repeated in afternoon. Main reason by day 10 I wanted come home. Also no quizzes as advertised by travel agents. Evening entertainment was awful the first week but outstanding second. Not sure why. Also I expected it to be more adult with it being adult only but it was more like timmy malet than jimmy Carr. They have live music (watch out for the blonde who sings through her nose) although saying all that the entertainment team were amazing. They made a huge fuss when it was my husbands birthday and always asking if your ok and chatting to you. Osman especially wonderful he's just starting to learn English so bear with him but if you have the patience to sit with him do he's so nice.

They also do a dance 5 times a day that still seems geared at children however by the end of the holiday you will be singing it in the shower.

They have a jewelry shop, hair dresser and general shop in hotel. Avoid jewelry shop he wanted £120 for a silver bracket I went to a shop up the road and got a gold one for £100.

If your thinking of eating out bonjour and majestic are a must ( we ended up eating out after our food poisoning) three courses plus two drinks in both were just under 100 Turkish lira. Yes there is cheaper but for quality they are second to none.

Also change your currency over there. There are lots of currency shops and you get a miles better rate than here. Also everywhere including restaurants took pounds. Just ask as you go in.

Lastly for all the men worrying about football they do have it on every match in the lobby but not English commentary.

Over all good holiday but got boring after a week and food poisoning took a huge chunk out my time. Hope my extensive detail has helped. I wouldn't go back for a long stay but maybe a short one.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank kayp1987
COUNTY DURHAM
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Just returned from my 20th time in Turkey, and this being my 5th time in the la perla. i must say it is one of my favourite hotels in Icmeler and would recommend it to anyone!
the food was lovely and this year the highest standard since my first visit in 2005. There is a cook making fresh food every day, from fresh salmon, fried calamari, chicken kebab, lamb kebab, casseroles, chicken wings, muscles and fresh prawns, i could really go on all day!
the rooms are lovely, cleaned everyday immaculately! I was in room 103, was a larger room than ive had before and had the most gorgeous views of the sea and the pool!.
the pool is massive, clean and the pool area is fab!!!
most of all you MUST go and visit Engin at the hairdressers, had my hair done here twice, (extensions) and he does them the best ive ever had, and is top class blowdryer :)... and all hairdresser staff are sooo friendly and welcoming! great people!...
over all you cannot go wrong with this hotel, beautiful place, best location, food and rooms top class and there is just nothing to comoplian about !!!

Room Tip: room 103 and 101 perfect views and excellent sized. Otherwise all rooms are lovely !
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank LAURA R
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Myself and 21 other family members have just returned from a week at the Marti la perla hotel.
We booked the holiday 9 months ago to celebrate several special birthdays, its a huge responsibility booking a holiday for so many people, there were times when I was a liitle worried.
We arrived in the afternoon after a transfer of around 90 minutes, we all checked in, quickly unpacked and met outside at the pool bar, from that moment I realised we had made a good decision.The hotel was in a perfect location right on the beach with its own private section,lovely pool situated in beautiful well kept gardens and stunning views across the bay. There was one buffet restaurant serving a huge variety of food most of which was very nice, our only complaint was the A la Carte Italian restaurant which had to be booked in advance, we all tried it on different nights and most of us were disappointed mainly because of the long wait around 1 hour between courses and when the food did come it was either cold or undercooked which was a shame because they had a lovely setting for it, but it needs to be improved. However none of this spoilt our enjoyment we had a fantastic holiday at the La perla, staff were very friendly and happy and we would certainly like to return to Icmeler in the future it suited all our age group from 26 to 60. Thanks to you all for making our holiday one to remember.
There were also a great selection of bars within 5 minutes walk from the hotel

Room Tip: Sea view rooms have superb views but side sea view are also ok, avoid the 5th floor rooms if possibl...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Susan L
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

I visited turkey last July. The weather was incredible as was this hotel. Good location, next to local shops, towns and tourist attractions. The hotel itself - rooms excellent, cleaned daily. Staff very helpful, young and enthusiastic. Set a great holiday vibe.food on the whole good, not Michelin star but at all inclusive it's what you would expect. It Is next to a night club so if ur not going out it can be noisy, but nothing to stop you sleeping after a hard days sun, sea and drink. Would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ChrisClulow
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2012

just back from 11 days in marti ,4 star all inclusive really enjoyed rooms comfortably but a bit dated ,food was generally good lunch outside very good staff friendly but bar staff seem to expect tips , but a beautiful location great views from room would recommend

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends