“5th floor”

Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
eastbourne
“5th floor”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

after requesting by phone & e-mail to First Choice we arrived @ the hotel to find we had been put up on the dreaded 5th floor. We was moved within 2 days thankfully, very clean hotel staff mainly friendly. Not very good for entertainment though that was rubbish didn't start until 9:30 then only lasted 1 hr. Good spot right on the seafront, yes would probally go back there again another year

1 Thank christine p
Bilal20, Guest Relations Manager at MARTI La Perla Marmaris, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear CHRISTINE P;

First of all, as the quest relations department of Marti Resort Deluxe Hotel we want to thank you for your comment toward our address. Your comments always make us improve our quality to excellence.

We are very proud of the high standards we operate here and it is always lovely to hear our guests had relaxed here. We hope you visit us again soon. Your ideas about our animation team have been understood.

Resort.gr@marti.com.tr
Guest Relations Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Turkish first
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

What can I say? My boyfriend and I had been really looking forward to staying in this hotel after reading the many positive reviews about it and seeing the pictures.

Transfer – The transfer from Dalaman Airport to Marti La Perla was awful. After coming through the Turkish visa queue and then another queue for passport control which in total took around 1 ½ hours, we eventually found our “bus” which was to take us to our destination. It was about 11:30pm at this point. Our bus was tiny, run-down and the driver didn’t speak a word of English. A First Choice/Thompson rep came on the bus, told us it would take about 2 ½ hours to arrive at Marti La Perla and she then left us. The drive was horrendous. About 5 minutes after we had finally set off the bus was pulled over by the traffic police and the driver stood talking to them outside the bus for around 30 minutes. We then set off again and the driver seemed to be nervous, straddling two lanes down steep mountain roads, with cars coming towards us at fast speeds; it was very scary! It didn’t help that he did not speak a word of English and he kept answering his mobile as well as texting at the wheel. We felt very vulnerable. There was no stop for a toilet break even though we had been on the bus for over 2 ½ hours. To top the journey off, the driver didn’t know where the hotels were, getting lost a couple of times in Marmaris and cursing in Turkish. It was just ridiculous and again very unnerving.

We arrived at Marti La Perla around 2am – due to the layout of the hotel and the entrance, we had to walk from the bus with our cases over the canal to the hotel. We were checked into our room pretty quickly and had to tip the luggage guy who had a pretty bad body odour problem.

Room – Very basic. Two single beds pushed together to make a double bed which wasn’t that romantic. The pictures on the website of the rooms painted blue with blue bedding etc are a complete misrepresentation. The rooms had no colour in the slightest. It was all white and plain. The bed covers were basically towels. We had a good view but we had paid extra for a sea view. Something to note is that the balconies on the Sea view side don’t get any sun after mid day but we weren’t bothered about this.

Food – Where do I start? The food was completely sub-standard. This is not a 4* hotel in the slightest. The majority of restaurant staff were young and inexperienced, scooping your plate from under your nose without asking and before your plate was empty. The restaurant floor and chairs were pretty dirty as well. Breakfast okay but they seemed to re-use leftover food for lunch time and I’m fairly certain for evening meal too. After the first night eating at the hotel I’m afraid to say I came down with a bit of a stomach bug during. My boyfriend and I ended up eating out most nights in the end. However, one night we booked into the Italian “à la carte” restaurant at the hotel. The starters seemed okay although we got the impression it was pre-prepared and chilled. I chose Sea Bass as a main course. Eating alfresco was nice but the lighting was appalling after 8pm ish – we couldn’t see what we were eating. My Sea Bass “fillet” arrived and it seemed that I had 4 very small fillets. Due to the size of these fillets it was almost impossible to eat around the bones especially in the low light and I ended up leaving most of it. I’m not fussy and I can deal with fish bones, but the fillets were that small they were just completely laced with bones. We told the waiter that I just couldn’t eat it due to the amount of bones and he answered us with “So?” He was very rude. We also experienced his rudeness and impatience at the lunch time snack bar outside on a few other occasions.

Staff - To be honest, we weren’t impressed with the staff in general at this hotel. Their English wasn’t that great and they were quite rude. One night we decided it would be nice to have room service, as we just wanted to be alone and to sit on the balcony relaxing. Before I go any further, bear in mind that one of the items on the TV unit was the Room Service Menu. We rang the room service number which just rang and rang and rang. We then rang reception to ask about room service and the guy that answered didn’t know what room service was, asking us to go to reception! I then went down to reception with the menu where another receptionist asked me why I wanted room service – “Why don’t you just eat in the restaurant?” was his remark. Again, totally rude and not the kind of customer service you would expect in a 4* hotel. He enquired about room service, calling us back and said that the staff in the restaurant/canteen were very busy and that they would start our food around 9:30pm. We decided at this point to just go out for food.

Bar Service – Limited choice of drinks unless you like the local lager (Efes) or the cocktails provided which were just mixed together willy nilly. Once again, the staff were inexperienced and on occasions rude.

Evening entertainment - The hotel entertainment was pretty lame and cheesy – it was definitely for the older generation of guests at the hotel who did seem to be the majority. Bingo is not really appealing for us as a young couple but the rowdy pensioners seemed to love it – it was definitely oriented towards the older generation.

Transfer back to airport – Our bus was expected to arrive between 5:45pm and 6:30pm. We sat at the front of the hotel with our cases and just waited. We weren’t told anything by the staff when we checked out other than “bye”. So we stood with a group of people who were all waiting for the same transfer. Then the luggage guy came out and told us that the coach couldn’t manoeuvre down the roads to get to the front of the hotel and that it was going to pick us up from Hotel Aqua – the hotel next door. So, with all of us a bit confused, we traipsed across to Hotel Aqua and sat on a wall in front of the hotel. No sign of any coach. The luggage guy disappeared only to re-appear 40 minutes later at around 6:30pm saying the coach had arrived at Marti La Perla. He thought it was funny which it wasn’t. 40 degrees lugging cases nearly half a mile was not our idea of fun. Again, we all had to walk down the road across the canal to get to the coach.

This journey was in a nice new coach, with a good rep who was telling us facts about the area as we drove back to the airport which we found really interesting, just a shame we found them out at the end of our holiday! We had a loo/food stop and the driver was great.

Conclusion - We are very unlikely to book a holiday with First Choice/Thompson again. The flights were also very bad but that’s a different review all together. Marti La Perla was definitely not a 4* hotel and “Adults Only” seemed to attract only old people. It was a big disappointment especially after reading such good reviews. After reading back through the reviews, we can now tell which age group reviewed it well and which age group reviewed it badly. We have learnt a valuable lesson. Other than the hotel we enjoyed visiting the local places and eating out in the evenings. Icmeler and surrounding areas are very picturesque and the weather was great.

If you like school dinners and enjoy cheesy cabaret club style entertainment – Stop Looking – This is the hotel for you!

2 Thank Opeth_S
Dear OPETH_S

Resort.gr@marti.com.tr
Coventry
Reviewed 19 September 2013

What a shame. I would have expected to write a positive review about this hotel based on what other people have said but sadly this not the case.

Where to start? Not the hotel's fault ,but the transfers in both directions were of a very poor standard. On the return journey when it finally arrived ,the coach was so tatty it should have been issued with a health warning. Dirty everywhere with a broken arm rest .Yuk!! The First Choice rep at the hotel was of no use whatsoever at any time. No welcome packs and when told about it did nothing.

Now to the hotel. On arrival we too met the muttering bellboy. After taking our luggage up the stairs I gave him a tip which prompted a bit of head shaking and talking just audibly about English and Euros. He then stalked off still chuntering to himself. Did I give him the wrong currency. Who knows or cares!!

The room itself was of a decent standard although a bit pokey. Nice balcony with a good sea view. The room was clean but every day it was not cleaned until after 5 oclock which is much too late. Been to a few hotels over the years and the rooms have always been cleaned much earlier in the day.

Food generally in the buffet restaurant is ok and quite variable so no great complaints there but the a la carte restaurants both Turkish and Italian are pretty poor. I understand candlelight lends itself to certain ambiance but I do like to be able to read the menu and to see what's on my plate. In the Turkish restaurant I had lamb and mushrooms which consisted of two pieces of lamb, one with gristle, and the rest was just sauted mushrooms (from what I could see!)

The bar service in general was excellent with both Yusef and Omer being quick, good and friendly. Also the two ice-cream girls, one of whom managed to get an amazing amount of ice-cream onto the cornet.

The lobby area and beach are both excellent but on the whole we were a bit disappointed and will be looking elsewhere in Turkey next year.

Room Tip: Avoid room 207 unless you want your room cleaning after 5 oclock.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Neil/macd5
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Spent 1 week all inclusive, wife plus son and daughter. Rooms 131 and 135 were comfortable and always kept spotlessly clean - thanks to an excellent maid. Hotel was very nice all the staff were very good (Hasan in the restaurant couldn't do enough to help). The food was always fresh looking, always plenty of choice. The bar staff worked very hard and even Omer (who appears to have developed a poor reputation) was very good - he just needs to be treated with a bit of politeness and respect - like anyone. The entertainment wasn't overly exciting, but full marks to the animation team who always smiled and worked very long hours. OVERALL, a very good hotel and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it - good value for the price

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Alan W
Bilal20, Guest Relations Manager at MARTI La Perla Marmaris, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear ALAN W;

First of all, as the quest relations department of Marti La Perla Hotel we want to thank you for your comment toward our address. Your comments always make us improve our quality to excellence.

We must thank you to write such a review about us to recommend our hotel to the other people. Please accept here as your home and accept us as your family. We are looking forward to seeing you here again. Your special thanks to our staff Hasan, Ömer and others have been transmitted.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife has mobility problems and consideration was requested to first choice regarding room allocation at time of booking. We arrived with the mobility scooter and were allocated the 5th floor! The lift only goes to the 4th. We immediately requested a change of room and the staff agreed they would sort it out ,but not till the morning. Having now experienced 5th and 3rd floor rooms we can say that the difference is remarkable, On the 5th the balcany is tiny , the toilet was so close to the bath I had to go "side saddle".The air con is noisy even when off and was,non effective when in use.Also no mirror in the bedroom and the room was generally shoddy. The 3rd floor was the opposite to this, except the air con was still not very good.
The room size and compfort of the beds is exceptional for both rooms but a mini bar? What a joke. its a small fridge with 2 bottles of water!
We didnt find the staff particularly friendly.Having experienced Turkish hospitality before we were dissapointed.
The pool is 1.7M deep across the whole pool. Im 5' 10" and on tip toes just about got my head above the water.Not pleasant and not many people used it for long.
The food is good quality in the buffet. A bit samey and like a canteen but the food was good standard. Didnt think much of the a la carte though. Its supposed to be a highlight but when you cant see what you are eating and the staff are not firiendly it was just good to get it over with. Much preferred local restaurants for waiter service meals.
Just a good job we met some friendly people staying and had a good time at the bar! We were all sharing our experiences. Several had to change rooms from the dreaded 5th!

Room Tip: avoid the 5fth floor.
3 Thank kev_porter
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a fabulous 2 week holiday at Marti La Perla.

Upon arrival (approx midnight - as with most Turkey flights arrive late and transfers take1hr 40 mins with a 20 minute comfort break - this is standard and not the fault of the hotel so unsure why some reviews have mentioned this as a negative and also at the time of booking your holiday you are made aware of transfer times!)
The reception staff were friendly, helpful and had our cases brought up to our room.

The room itself was lovely - The bathroom was large, with a great shower and bath, huge mirror and lots of space to put your bits out. There was plenty of wardrobe space which included hangers, x2 long shelves and a third door with x3 shelving areas.
We had 2 single beds but they were pulled together tightly and a sheet over both to form a king size bed - which did not separate, sag in the middle.
The air con was noisy and reading other reviews wish I had thought to remove the covers - however feeling cool outweighed the noise so was not a problem for us.
We had an end of corridor room (309) so only had one neighbour whom we did not hear any noise from.
Our view was of the canal and there are 2 noisy bars here which do play music until 12:00 - 12:30am, we did not mind this as at as 1) it saved us using battery life on our own devices and 2) when you close the sliding doors you can not hear them - That is a fact!! Again some other reviews mention you can hear this but you would need supersonic hearing!!
We had a lovely cleaner who did a fab job daily! Clean towels and linen!

The entertainment team and staff are great - we had some really good shows - Aladdin being the best - some cheesy but they need to cater for all tastes. There was Yoga, aqua aerobics, darts and bowls (neither of us participated but all looked good fun).

The food was ok for me, my husband loved it. I do need to be honest I did develop a stomach but for 3 days on week two, which resulted in losing half a stone (result - Happy with that)!
I am a fussy eater and this was my first all inclusive - but I was always able to find something to eat. It would be good if there was some sort of mealtime etiquette as some of the other guests particularly;y the Europeans were very rude, pushing in, leaving lids off, some even knocked me to get to the food!! We did eat out every other night.

The grounds are beautiful and the beach was nice. The gardens were stunning.

We had a super 2 weeks here and would definitely return!

2 Thank Kelly-ann P
Dear KAP1976;

Axminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2013

got back on 6th sept from 2 week stay.great hotel. ideal location 5 miles from busier marmaris.
very friendly staff.paid for sea veiw room(we were in 307)which was fantastic. cleaned everyday.
plentiful choice of food(unless your fussy)great hairdresser & jewellers in hotel .lovely people.
this year was made adults only which made it quieter than the nearby hotels.have heard they are improving the hotel to go for 5 star next year.would definately return.

Room Tip: sea view rooms have fantastic view.
1 Thank Geoffnrach