L'Etoile Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$48
  • Restaurant
Private Hotel(Icmeler)
US$24
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsturkeykiller dartsnext yearpool areaanimation teamsoupice creamfloor roomsecond weektwo weeksgreat holidayjewellery shopirish barcleaned every daymeal timesturkish bathbad reviews
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2012

We went to this hotel last year and it was superb, room, food, staff etc last year we were on the fifth floor and did not know at the time that this floor had been refurbished, our room was superb.This year we were on the third floor and it was crap the patio doors did not work or fit correctly if there was a slight breeze they rattled all night had to jam newspaper in it. The bathroom was a joke no plug in sink or bath the bath had been painted in gloss paint. I'm sorry L'Etoile your not a 4 star more like a 2 star. I don't know what you have done to your staff last year they were friendly and fun this year I don't think I saw anyone smile. This was the first time we have ever gone back to the same hotel from good memories of last year to nightmares this year it was awful.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms have been updated all lower floors are crap, old outdated and scruffy
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2012

This is a nice hotel with very helpful and pleasant staff. Our room was kept very clean with clean towels and sheets every day. Not enough sun loungers to go round, we were there the last week of the season when it was not full but still you had to be up very early to grab one. The annoying thing was that some people bagged them at 7.30 a.m. and maybe didn't use them till late afternoon, even though they were sitting elsewhere around the pool. The music left a lot to be desired. I know they have to cater for all ages but we arrived to 'Ernie - the fastest milkman in the West'!!!! Plenty of 50's and 60's music not much in the way of more recent music. Then we come to the food, which really lets this hotel down for me. It was always cold, or worse lukewarm. Even if you complained nothing was done about it. Breakfast was fine - if you like eggs. Boiled ( 3 minute or 5 minute), fried, poached, omlette, scrambled, baked with ham to name but a few. Spaghetti bolognaise and vegetarian spaghetti every day but it was hard to tell the difference - no meat in either of them, also always cold. Pizza often mentioned on the menu, didn't see any all week. Not many people eating in the hotel by the end of the week. As the end of the season approached there was less and less available as the week went on. It's no good people saying it's because the season is closing, we paid more than people in previous weeks because it was a school holiday week, and he prices always increase then. If you pay full price then you should expect to be provided with the full works, same as any other week in the season, not less. The drinks were weak and the local beer, Efes, lovely in every other bar, tasted like it came from Icmeler canal. Spent the latter half of the week eating in Cocoa Beach and mostly the Florida Bar. We always travel to Icmeler for the October half term and have stayed in various hotels but have never come across this sort of thing before. Back to the Marti La Perla next year.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2012

Stayed here in the final week of the season in late Oct 2012. Hotel was certainly not 4star with basic facilities and a tired shabby look. The room was dirty, shower didn't drain away and although the towels were changed daily and the sheets once, nothing else appears to have been cleaned while we stayed there. There was dirt and human hair all over the room on our arrival and bare wires sticking out of one of the lamps. The air con worked fine for us but it was still quite warm in the room as it is only on for a limited period in the day. I would imagine when Turkey is hot in the summer, this wouldn't be near enough (as I've noted from other reviews here). The food was fine if a bit basic and bland. The same salad every day and a limited amount of veg. If you like greasy fried meat and chips every day you'll be fine. The drink was also a disappointment, The wine was almost undrinkable (the red was the colour of cherryade) and the soft drinks had some amazingly bright colours. Beer was ok but the spirits tasted like the really cheap value stuff you can buy at home. The one bright spot was the staff who we found pleasant and friendly at all times (even though it was their last week of the season) so credit to them. Special mention to the people who run the jewellery shop in the hotel. They gave my girlfriend a really nice bottle of red wine to drink and 2 hefty glasses of real whiskey for me just out of kindness. Thank you so much it was an oasis in a desert!
We certainly wouldn't return to this hotel. It felt tired, run down and dirty. Icmeler is a really nice place and even though it was the last week in the season we had a good time there, just not from the moment we entered the hotel! Be warned!

Room Tip: Ironically room 101 seemed to be the best in the hotel (you couldn't make it up) We were on the back side of the hotel which was away from the pool and so much quieter, by far the nicer side to stay on.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zomba1975
Reviewed 31 October 2012

very nice hotel staff very friendly food good not fantastic but plenty of it and well cooked rooms very clean and well looked after by maids location is very good right on the beech would go again
no problem very good at the price(not much for children and teenagers to do in the hotel or the area)

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool are better good views of the mountains
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank minibus93
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Stayed here from the 15th to the 22nd oct 2012 all inclusive with husband and 17y old daughter, was greeted by smiley pleasant reception staff who put are red come pink bands (my husband was not amused walking around all week with his pink band on ) so maybe the hotel could think of changing the colour of these bands. Shown to are room wow we was impressed 4single beds it was a lot bigger then what we expected with some of the reviews saying small rooms, the bathroom was big and very clean infact all the room and hotel was clean. The food was lovely and plenty did not eat out once had all three meals at the hotel, the cakes was yummy.the waiting staff work really hard to keep the eating area clean yes your plate gets taken away the minute you've finished but to be fair on the staff this is to keep the flys and the wasps from bothering you while eating. And not once did i see any of the staff scruffily turned out are being rude to any of the guests, infact the staff would help even the rudest guests and there was quite a few rude people. ( treat people how you would like to be treated back) Only managed to get sun beds twice the whole week setting my alarm for 6.30am to go down and put towels on the beds is no fun when your on holiday, the beds are like gold dust for some people a bit mad Tbh, the hotel have a policy that towels will be remove if place on beds before 7.30 this didn't happen,by 7am all the sun beds had towels on them, entertainment was ok not brilliant but it was coming to the end of season so might be better in high season. All in all the hotel was value for money, would stay here again if and it is a big IF I return to icmeler.
First time to turkey would probably not return to icmeler are turkey again it's not for me I like a clean sandy beach which icmeler cannot offer, I also like to have a quiet stroll which you don't get in icmeler I didn't want to leave the hotel because of the hassle from shops hairdressers and bars which can be a nightmare when you have a 17r old daughter in tow. If only I could go into shops and look around without the hassle I would have brought a lot more fake bags, shoes , T-shirts, and watches. And if I wanted a hair cut I would have done it before I came on holiday. Icmeler market omg it was like running the gauntlet and there was so dame rude treating to kill my husband if he didn't buy another fake belt. So come on shops, bars, hairdressers, market stall owners get a grip because its you all why I will not return to your country. :(

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family