“letoile hotel”
Review of L'Etoile Hotel

L'Etoile Hotel
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 8 July 2013

Returned from Icmeler Turkey 21/06/13 27 times in Turkey 15 times in Icmeler second time Letoile hotel generally its the wife and I this time it was a family holiday its a very nice hotel very clean great location on the beach front in the middle of Icmeler staff very friendly cant do enough for guests BUT a few faults that can be sorted no problem (1) food really decent but not quite as good as last year (2) busy hotel normally one man serving at the bar(not enough) a few arguments started when some guests just walked to the front of the queue a simple railing outside the bar saying way in way out (3) hotel entertainment normal for Turkey disc jockey played decent music through the day for all nationalities but after entertainment finished about 2200/2230 he played boom boom Turkish music when elderly guests were having a quiet chat you had to shout to be heard I like Turkish music but not that load regardless I will still be back in September to the Letoile

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank john w

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were very dubious about this Hotel - the comments were very mixed - however please do not take any notice - we have just returned on 6th July from a fantastic week - The Rooms were really good - spacious - bathroom with a wet room - we were on the 2nd floor over looking the pool
Yunus and Boy Boy work their heart out to entertain you and did a great job - thank you two super young men - the hotel is Spotlessly clean and the staff work long hours in the restaurant and bars - and always obliging - icemeler is a very pretty resort - and i dont often say this but i would certainly go back- - met some super people - and Im sure they will remember me - it will be a very quiet hotel !!!!!
so dont mess around book - the only thing i would say is try and get a variation with the drinks
a nice cocktail on the bar would just make it for us ladies
Carol Coulson from Leeds

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the pool - we were in 203
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Caz4246
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at L'Etoile Icmeler. I can say I was a bit dubious as this was a last minute deal and I have never been to turkey before. I was very happy with all aspects of the hotel, very clean, rooms modern and spacious, pool fantastic and resturant big and spacious with both outdoor and indoor dining and location on beach. There is entertainment during the day and in the evening and the ENTERTAINMENT STAFF ARE EXCELLENT, Boyboy and Jounus are extremely friendly and create a fun atomsophere. if you are going please join in their killer darts and bowls as this is a good way to get to know other people staying in the hotel. The only thing that lets the hotel down is the variety of food and drink. The quality is excellent however there is only 2 main choices at night and everything else seems to be the same day in day out. I drink rum and was disapointed that the only spirits available are brandy, gin or vodka. Apart from this I would recommend the hotel and the resort to everyone as it was a thoroughly enjoyable stay. Again please get to know the boys on entertainment, they were a big part of our holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool veiw
3  Thank Lynda B
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Just back from the Etoile in Icmeler, our second visit as we had a week there last year. The location is superb, the hotel is very clean, rooms cleaned daily towels etc changed every day, and we paid £27 for a safe for 2 weeks. We also had to pay approx. £1 each for a matress for our sunbed on the beach. The food was fine, we could always find something good to eat and plenty of selection. The restaraunt staff were fantastic especially lovely Naomi who was always trying to improve her English. The reception staff were awful and I felt almost invisible when I went to ask something as they carried on talking among themselves. The entertainment was awful also, why try to play Bingo when you have to say the numbers in several languages, so we went out for a walk round quite often. Icmeler was dead, but when we bought a drink I realised why, £3 for a vodka and coke, I have been going to Turkey for 18 years and this was the 8th time in Icmeler but I do not think I will go again which is a pity because it is a lovely country with really friendly people. 2 years ago I stayed at the Aqua next door which is reportedly a 5 star, but this year they wanted £300 more per person than the Etoile, I personally thought the Etoile was value for money, but you can't please all the people all the time.

3  Thank martin096
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Just back from our 2nd visit to L'etiole and have to say it will be our last. Hotel is really nice but I have to say the food is pretty basic for a 4star, there is always something to eat, people say the food is better than last year but I have to disagree( my opinion). The Entertainment Team are Fantastic, do their best to get you involved, Yunos, Boy Boy, Tiger, Seda and newcomer Melissa, they are all brill.

2  Thank Jane R
Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was my first time in Icmeler, Tukey and I had the most amazing week's holiday.
The L'Etoile Beach Hotel was amazing, great location right on the beach, just a few minutes walk away from the boats which take you on day trips and great location for all the shops.
The hotel had a good sized swimming pool surrounded by sun loungers, sun umbrellas, chairs and tables in the shade, pool bar and a paddling pool for small children. The pool bar open 13 hours a day, and included drinks machines for tea, coffee, juices and cold water. Bar staff were always around to collect empty glasses etc, so no where in the hotel looked untidy/unkept. There were never any queues at the bar.
The choice of food for a breakfast, lunch and dinner and amazing, you were almost spoiled for choice.
Breakfast included: Cereals, bread, jams, fruit, pastries, pancakes, chilled meats, cheese and hot food.
Lunch and dinner included: A variety of salads, pasta, fruit, rice, variety of meats, chips, potatoes,..... fruit, cakes, trifles......
The only thing that could be better is the evening enterainment.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Ann C
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Booked this Thomas Cook holiday through Co-op travel agents. We arrived at the hotel at around 12.30 a.m. after travelling most of the previous day, told by reception person that we would have to share a room with another couple (they were friends of ours) , because the hotel was overbooked?? we booked last October so what's the problem with their computers? Not happy at all asked to see manager , he was unavailable. eventually as no other alternative offered we shared a two bedroomed room with our friends. Not at all pleased, the women were especially reluctant, as to be expected.
the following morning spoke to the manager ,he pleaded innocence?? Some manager! Spoke to the rep. he apologised but was not really helpful, 'fill in the form' and i'll, blah,blah,blah.
Anyway the following week two new arrivals, spoke to them by the pool, as you do, and the exact same thing had happened to them the night they had First arrived .
Seems like they do this quite often?

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are probably best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends