“EXCELLENT TIME.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #25 of 79 Hotels in Icmeler
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT TIME.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

just arrived back from a 2 week stay at the mersoy hotel in icmeler and had the best holiday ever. As soon as we arrived a man was there to take our luggage up to the room and insisted he would carry it. I was there with my best friend and her parents and were put in a family room which had 2 rooms a balcony and a bathroom. Every day the maids would come in and clean the room and put new towels out. Billy the head barman is such a laugh and speaks excellent english and always welcomed us when we asked for a drink. Food was a bit repetitive but most hotels in turkey are like that and its what they eat in turkey. Your in there country so you should eat what they do.Breakfast isnt the best of choice but lunch starts at half 12 so if you miss breakfast you only have to wait 2 hours untill lunch. Theres a slide and a seperate pool for children to use but is only open at certain times. The only problem we had was that you were only allowed one key for the room which meant me and my friend had to keep asking the parents to get the key whenever we wanted to go to the room. there is entertainment on a tuesday night only but there are so many bars in icmeler that will keep you entertained every night anyway. Icmeler is a lovely place to go on holiday and i reccomend the mersoy hotel. A big shout out to billy, okkan and eric!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ROAKES

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sunderland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

just came back from icmeler turkey absalotely amazing defenetly got again this is our second tym and the pool area is amazing lovely people and amazing staf like evo and eric they make you feel so seteld in and make you enjoy your self and cheeco billy and this other person forgot his name food is brilliant there is taple tenntis water slide ball soft play for kids little mini slide for kids gym for the hard men ha ha indoor swimminng pool turkish bath the hotel itself is huge lyk 7 different parts there is saunas massarge evereything so defenetly go again

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
England, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

just come back from yet another fab holl in icmeler staying at the exclusive again and cant fault it rooms good size and clean with fresh towels every day staff just brill evo eric cheko and billy couldnt do enough for us
we went all inclusive and there was always plenty of food and choice . the pool area is always kept spotless the cleaners work very hard would recommend this hotel to any one who wants a great holl in a fab location we love it so much we goin back next month cant wait .

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank carol131060
Pontypool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

4 of us just came back from a week all inc and we all had a great time. the rooms were clean and tidy(cleaned every day) the pool area was great with plenty of beds, and the pool itself was the safest we'd been in during 20 years of hols in turkey. all the staff wre friendly, polite, and helpful. the bar staff were brill,especially billy(always smiling), evo, eric, and chico. the only downside, if you can call it that, was the food. it was very tasty and well cooked, but very repetitious, mostly chicken or meatballs. but there was nice soups and a very good salad choice we even enjoyed the turkish nigtt despite us having seen many many of these in the past thanks to the bar staff from david, jean,steve, helen

Room Tip: me and wife had a room on the front, overlooking road, but we had a sea view(approx 3mins walk),our...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank daipoola
Halifax, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

I wrote this whilst sat in the the boiling hot lobby, waiting for my coach which will arrive between 21.00-21.45pm, first of all I am not very impressed that Thomson did not advise beforehand if we were to have a late check out (6pm) the cost would be 75 Turkish Lira, me and my partner misunderstood (admittedly) that our check out day was actually today even though our plane does not depart until 2.15 tomorrow morning.. I checked my booking info and they had us down for 11 nights including Thursday 30th June - we did not check in until Friday morning around 7.30am so I assumed 11 nights would be the 11 nights we actually stayed. I have paid the 75TL which has left me short if our luggage is over, £10 are charged per KILO over! Ridiculous! Usual checkout time is 12pm so I'm not sure where they expected us to stay for 8/9 hours if we hadn't have paid the extra so it seemed inevitable that we did!

On arrival we were greeted by the receptionist who did not move from behind his desk- we still don't know his name 2 weeks later. We were asked if we would like a safe, Thomson stated on their website all rooms come with a safe they did not say we will be charged 60TL to use this even though they are in our rooms anyway. Our suitcases were carried to the room which was literally up in the lift and on the right the person who had carried the suitcase stood in our room until we realised he wanted a tip (for getting in the lift with us basically!) The small change we had was a 5TL note so gave him this. I have no trouble tipping people usually but when he had literally got in the lift with us I didn't feel obliged to.

The room we cannot fault, although small it didn't feel cramped. The balcony again was small but it was enough for two of us, with table and two chairs. Bathroom was very modern, fresh towels and bed linen was provided. Small plasma TV with a good variety of channels we did watch a lot of movies on a night time. I don't know why a couple of people have said the rooms are dirty, the rooms were spotless- the maids came every day and cleaned and replaced towels e.t.c making patterns with the bedsheets and folding our jamas under the pillow which we found very cute. Only thing I can fault is that they often came round early (9am) and knocked on the door, I found this a bit annoying when we wanted a lie in we felt we had to go out of the room.

The beds were very uncomfortable, they did actually change our pillows on the last couple of days to much comftier ones but we already had stiff knecks!

We went bed and breakfast following the reviews r.e. the all inclusive variety (or lack of it) which we took advantage of only twice as the first time we went downstairs the food looked like it had been savaged by everyone (fruit in the meat area e.t.c) it took us a few minutes (after eating some bread and very runny jam) to realise omlettes were being prepared fresh outside. I wasn't keen on the fact the chef was preparing meat and vegetarian omlettes with the same gloves and when putting meat (shredded ham and chicken) he had onions from the veg option chucked in as well which I didn't like. The second time we chose omlettes again but couldn't stomach this for the whole holiday so went elsewhere.

We ate at the Bistro Med which is the resteraunt for the Mersoy Exclusive- I ordered spagetti carbonara, first couple of mouthfulls I thought it was very tasty but there were so many herbs it spoilt it having to pick them from my teeth every two seconds- very annoying. We had a magerita pizza the second time and it was the most tastless thing I had whilst I was there! No tomato sauce on the base just tons of very bland cheese. We did however have a cheeseburger one afternoon which I did enjoy. The staff there seemed friendly, particulary Freddie but it would be nice to be able to eat our dinner without him coming over every 2 minutes.

We ate out the rest of the holiday.

The pool area was perfect, perfect size, very clean and the pool boys did work hard collecting all the cups from the people that chose all inclusive. The hotel itself I did not have a problem with and would stay again providing the male staff weren't so miserable I don't know half the staff people are commenting on in their reviews as ''friendly'' ''would go above and beyond to help'' I certainly did not get that impression, maybe its because we were a young couple- not a family as I noticed was the case in a lot of resteraunts, the boss/manager would spend most of their time talking with the families as it.

I must state the man behind the reception desk I found very unhelpful, he rang my room bang on 12 and just said 'check out is 12' I asked what I was supposed to do for 8 hours he merely said ' I don't know, check out 12' I was very frustrated at this point and went downstairs to reception to discuss it further, whilst talking to him he answered the phone twice and proceeded to talk in Turkish. I would not have minded if he has said he need to answer the call but I found it exrememley rude!
He said again check out 12 and got the calender out and counted 11 days which I found very patronising! He did not even offer the late check out fee I found this whilst looking for my reps contact number. He said there is a luggage room to put my luggage in though this was a dingy storage cupboard with no locks. I reluctantly agreed to pay the extra to check out at 6pm. But writing this I was sat in the lobby in the sweltering heat (no fan or even lights are on!) waiting for my coach. It would also help if he new more English as it was very annoying trying to discuss something using very basic English!

One morning we went to reception to change our Traveller's cheques as we were told again by Thomson they would do in our hotel, the young boy (didn't look older than 16) looked very confused and didn't seem to even know what they were. I panicked as I thought maybe no where would change them he simply looked at them for ages and spoke to another woman who just shook her head and he handed me them back. I was annoyed at this as he could have recommended an exchange shop but nothing.

I would recommend the Mersoy to families at it seems very family orientated. The hotel is in perfect location to the beach and shops, there is free wi-fi I brought my laptop so this was very useful. If it wasn't for the rude man in the reception I would stay here again- I am not usually this pedantic but this time it really did change my opinion of my holiday.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sophie B
rersoy76, General Manager at Mersoy Exclusive Aqua Resort, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Dear Sir and Madam,

Thanks for the review.

Safe is very clearly stated in the descriptions and in the information book that it is to be paid.

Also it is very clear in the info board and information books that 12:00 pm is the check-out time. This rule is true for almost ALL hotels all over the world. It is very unfair to accuse the hotel for a worldwide rule. The guests should think that the rooms have to be cleaned for the guests who will be arriving.

Thanks for the good comments for cleaning and Bistro Med and other aspects of the hotels.

Bury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

Clean, friendly hotel, where customer service is paramount from all members of staff & management! Never greeted with a frown, always enthusiastic and helpful. Comfortable room 1111, overlooking the pool - air/con, and room facilities good. Few minutes walk to the Mersoy private beech, and situated slightly into the town, with plenty of shops, bars, & cafe's to investigate. Food on the all-inclusive package is good, but a little repetitive. Lots of chicken variation meals, plenty of salads, eggs, cold meat, & cheese. Absolute value for money, despite the repetition! My wife & I will rebook, at the earliest opportunity. Mike Gorman - Bury.

Room Tip: Discuss your requirements, either with the travel agent or direct with the hotel prior to travelling...
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

We arrivedf at Mersoy Exclusive on the 2nd July, the reception staff was ok young ghuy didnt speak much enl=glish took us to the B BLOCK 3rd floor when we requested ground floor duye to my mum having a bad back. The rooms was discusting dirty, small not what we had booked. After complaining for two whole days and we got very distressed about this we got moved to the rooms we booked in the same block as the restaurant/reception etc! these rooms are luxorious very very nice, clean, clean bed linen and towels every day.

DO NOT STAY IN B BLOCK!!!!!!!

Food.................... definately not 4 star I would say 2 star, breakfast ok toasts, cereals, fruit, eggs, olives, chesses.

lunch - burgers, pizzam nuggets and chips and nice almost everyday! the chefs that serve up the food are very rude and shout if you want more than one item.

diner is the worst chicken everyday again with chips, rice or pasta. soup every night and salads. The desserts are the worst absoutely gross all consists of bread soaked in sugar syrup discusting!!! and this is every day. then there is melon, apples and a blomange type thing.

DRinks you can have lager, gin. vodka, brandy, softs drinks red and white wine. Bar staff are great all very chirpy and friendly bar one of them not sure of his name, but he is the only one that cant talk english he was very slimy and even in front of my boyfriend starred and grabbed hold of my hand when i got a drink which scarred me.

Pool nice and clean, althought there are alot of fag nubs.

Bistro med bar at front of hotel, very nice but not included in all inclsuive.

Only entertainment is on a tuesday! best getting all inclusive drinks then going out about 1030 lots of karaoke bars, and cheap restaurants.

Nice hotel but do not go all inclusive, and dont stay in B BLOCK!!!!

Room Tip: dont go into b block, the other side of the pool. stay in the main building these are the most gorge...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles