“Fantastic!!”

Ranked #71 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
cardiff
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

After reading many reviews before we booked it is only right I add mine on here.

We have just got back from our 11night honeymoon staying at the Efendi. We absolutely loved staying here. We were checked in quickley and our bags taken to our room by a lovely guy.

The rooms are a suitable size and cleaned every day. Only disappointment is that you have to pay if you want a fridge but we managed without it (I refused to pay for one).
You are a stone throw away from the beach so perfect location and you have everything on the door step. The pool is small but didn't bother us as we prefer to be by the sea anyway.
We only eat at the restaurant attached a couple of time because we like to explore different places (Majestic is a MUST to go too) but the food was good and you get 10% discount as you are a guest at the hotel.

Would we stay here again...definitely! Without a shadow of a doubt. We are a couple in early 30's and it was perfect for us.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank rachel h

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, Rhode Island
Reviewed 22 July 2013

First stay in Turkey, and we enjoyed our time there. The hotel was small and relatively basic, but had everything we needed for a relaxing holiday. We had some problems when we arrived as I am allergic to bio washing powder and reacted to their sheets. We went with Thomas cook and told our guide about this and she attempted to talk to the hotel owners. Unfortunately they did not seem able to wash them differently and we had to buy new sheets, which could then not be washed for the whole holiday. This was a little difficult and meant we also had to use our swimming towels for everything, but didn't have a huge impact on our holiday and would obviously only effect someone who was allergic to the sheets. Our only other problem was that our room overlooked the bar and loud music was played every night, this was not too much of a problem because it stopped at 12, but when we had early starts the next day it did make it difficult to get an early night.

The staff were very friendly, particularly the bar and restaurant staff who would often challenge you to a game of pool (on the free pool table), show you magic tricks and also entertain bar customers in the evenings with some clearly choreographed dances. The breakfast offered was good, with friendly staff on hand to bring you tea and coffee, although basic and not much in the way of hot food, if you wanted you could order a full breakfast on top for a couple of pounds.

Overall it was a good hotel and we would recommend it to others looking for a fun and relaxed holiday.

1 Thank Kate W
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Ok....an honest review. After being dropped off in the main square by a private transfer I wasn't best pleased when I had to walk after being given directions first left then right then right!! The entrance is not the easiest to find at night!!. However my check in was swift and was shown to my room. Room 4 was allocated. At first I could not believe it terrace opened straight on to the childrens pool area....but it definitely turned out to be a god send as my loungers were right outside and booked for the duration. The room was smallish, but it was basic, clean and done the business.
Breakfast - was typical Turkish, you can opt for an English at an extra charge.
Staff - well what can I say - they were great, Hussain, Syfye, Dino, Nori....they were great fun and spoke very good English...I still keep in touch!!!
Food - Restaurant was very nice, never had a bad meal or the typical travellers tummy either.
Pool Area - This is what lets this place down...pool is on the small side and at times is not cleared up...yes the guys are busy but it could do with more maintenance. Pool was cleaned every night.
Location - perfect, stones through from the beach and all amenities.

Would I go back...maybe, I really enjoyed my time there apart from the group of well inconsiderate obnoxious retards that arrived the second week and spoiled it for everyone....so don't go there 15th July for two weeks . There are better hotels and a lot cheaper, try Icmeler on line and Icmeler travel, great deals and can arrange transfers so you don't have to stop.

Room Tip: I had room 4 which suited my parent as they were on 2nd floor. Very quiet and guaranteed a sunbed...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 100Travel
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My second stay at the Efendi Hotel and I will be back!!

The hotel is small and basic, clean and ran by a lovely family. We also had an issue with air con but it was soon fixed, no problem with the reception staff the ones we spoke to all spoke English and were very helpful and polite.

Breakfast was Turkish with cereal and sometimes watermelon which made a nice change, the staff again friendly, polite and helpful. Only ate in the Maestro once as we had friends staying elsewhere. It was really nice and I would recommend it, we were never felt pressured into eating there by the staff.

Thanks for a great stay Efendi!!

Room Tip: Rooms 110, 111, 112 or the floor above overlooking the street - great for people watching and a view...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Icmelergirl24
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

1st impression a little shabby but a traditional small run hotel, check in was quick and easy, the room was small but ok, on first impressions was clean, but the bathroom was dark the light wasn't working on one side, the air vent above the toilet was smashed in and the bathroom mat was grotty a very dingy room, the hotel bar and restaurant was called heaven, breakfast was a typical Turkish breakfast bread , cold meats and fruit the bread was always fresh,
The staff reception spoke very little English but polite, The bar / restaurant the older waiters where polite and well mannered , however the younger not so especially one bar man, who when asked anything would laugh in my face and talk Turkish to the other young waiters whilst laughing as a female i found this uncomfortable and awkward , as the week went on it felt more uncomfortable in the bar but i didnt let it stop me out of principle , i felt as we ate out alot and not in the hotel restaurant for no other reason that this was our first visit to Turkey and wanted to try everything we could this was the reason for the lack manners towards myself and my partner, i would come back to turkey but not to the Efendi not the friendliest hotel which is a shame as the location is wonderful

1 Thank emma c
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We have just returned from the Efendi hotel in Icemeler and I have to say I wasn't that impressed. The hotel is extremely dated, although the rooms are better inside than you might imagine from the rest of the hotel. The cleanliness of the rooms was average, I did eventually remove a dead moth from the wall of our shower after it had been there about 2 days realising the maid wasn't going to do it! We arrived at about 4.30am and the maid was knocking on the door to clean the room by about 8.30, I really think she should have been told we had only just arrived and there was no need to clean the room this soon. On the same subject we asked to extend our room on the day of departure to 6pm instead the usual 12pm, it took us 3 attempts to sort this out as hardly any of the staff speak English, then on the day of departure, despite being in the room and having the 'do not disturb' sign on the door the maid knocked on the door at 5pm so I told here we would be there until 6pm. We left at 6pm and she was almost waiting outside the room to get in, and matched in past me. Don't offer the rooms for longer then if its a problem for the cleaners! Also there were too many rules, you couldn't eat or drink in the room at all, so no drinks on your balcony in the evening then, only water was allowed! There were notices everywhere about not getting any stains whatsoever on the towels or you would be charged, they even listed the stains they didn't want to see! Don't get me wrong I don't try to stain towels but I just felt it was too strict, after all I was paying to stay there. I have worked in a hotel, rooms do get cleaned and items laundered?! Breakfast was also rubbish, not a particularly good choice but also all sat in the open air outside? Cheeses, meats, these foods should have been chilled, and the only hot food was never hot? There was a toaster but that broke and was never replaced. The pool area was tiny and didn't look very clean, I could go on. I just didn't get a good vibe from this hotel and whilst some of what I've written may seem trivial to some people, I just can't recommend it, nor would I want to return. I would like to say I am fairly well travelled and have stayed in lots of hotels, but I've never written a review before today, make of that what you will!

Stonehaven, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed in may, the hotel staff were wonderful, work really hard to make our holiday great.. We thought the restaurant and waiters were great. Cleaning staff take pride in their work. Fantastic holiday, going back in July. Taylor family, aberdeen Scotland

Room Tip: All rooms in turkey are basic but very clean
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family