“Brilliant Holiday!”

Grand Yazici Club Turban
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was my first all inclusive holiday. I wanted to take my daughter on holiday where there was enough for her to do, kids club, entertainment etc. I was very impressed with the hotel, It was spotlessly clean, the staff were really friendly and the food was extremely good. My daughter was entertained the entire holiday and could move around the hotel complex in complete safety. The beach was very good with plenty of water sports on hand. A very family orientated hotel with a relaxed atmosphere and more than enough going on for adults and children.

4  Thank Darren R

Reviewed 23 August 2014

This holiday was our first in Turkey and we chose this hotel after reading the good reviews on tripadviser,we were not disappointed.
We travelled with two children 17 & 20
We arrived late afternoon after a 2 hour coach trip,which wasn't to bad as we did get to stop off on the way.
Check in was quick and easy and we were taken to our rooms by the porter,he was o.k but we didn't get a smile from him till we gave him a tip at the end.This was not the case with the rest of the staff though as they were brilliant no complaints at all,they went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect,they worked all hours and were always very pleasant,the manager in the Adult restaurant was lovely,very polite and nothing was to much trouble.
We stayed in the block separate from the hotel above the adult pool and restaurant,we had a nice big room with a fab bathroom and huge shower,comfy beds and big tv although only a couple of English channels but this wasn't really a problem
The hotel itself was immaculate,one of the cleanest i have ever stayed in,rooms cleaned and towels changed every day and water left for us,there are also loads of fridges all around the hotel where you can help yourself to bottled water and we never saw these empty,they were re-stocked frequently and always full.
The meals were all very good,plenty to choose from, we only ate at the adult restaurant and beach/snack bar plus the al a carte Chinese,Turkish and Indian.My Husband and Daughter struggled a bit after the first week or so as it did get a bit repetitive but me and my Son enjoyed everything,especially the puddings for me.The service at the Al A Carte nights was fantastic,the waiters filled the water and alcohol up all the time without you having to ask,the Chinese was one of the best we have had and really big portions.
We spent most of our time at the beach,it was lovely lots of sunbeds we didn't really struggle to find four together even in peak times,there was someone there who would find you some,we did reserve them early though on a few days with towels to get the best ones on the jetties so we could just go in to the sea from there.Plenty of water sports to choose from,My husband and son did go out on the jetskis which they enjoyed and we were talked in to buying the dvd and photos which were 80 TL,bit expensive but nice keepsake until we got home and realized the disk is blank! please check before you leave if you buy one.
My favorite time was in the evening,we went almost every night to the beach bar to listen to the live bands,they put beanbags out on the decked area and cover the sun loungers so you can lay on them by candle light listening to the music and then they fetch tubs of popcorn round.Only saw a couple of shows which looked great but very busy
On one of the last nights we were invited to a cocktail party which was just for Thompson guests to meet the management,it was in the gardens and the tables looked beautiful with canapes and drinks been brought round while we listened to live music,all the management went round everybody introducing themselves and talking to us about our holiday experience.This was a nice touch and we were made to feel a bit special.
We loved Marmaris and went a couple of time using taxis and the dolmis bus,found the local people great no one hassled us if you just say no thank you politely they leave you alone.
Also did the Check out trip great way to end the holiday and the tour guide was brilliant,the only complaint would be that the hotel they used near the airport was nice but the rooms not very clean,the beds were stained so we went out for a walk until it was time to be picked up
In all a fantastic holiday and we would definatley return to Club Turban and Turkey thank-you so much!

Room Tip: The block above the adult restaurant is lovely
4  Thank Davemortman
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We travelled as a family of 4, 2 adults and a 4 year old and 23 month old. We all had a fantastic time and would love to go back if it wasn't showing so expensive for next year !
Great food, loads of choice. Mainly Turkish but what do you expect your in Turkey and Turkish cuisine is absolutely delicious! My kids loved the ice creams and had many in abundance and my husband and I enjoyed the food and wine. We chose to sit outside which felt more like you were dining in a restaurant, the wasps could be troublesome but we found if you waited till dark they went.
We ate at the Italian for our free a la carte but wished we had picked the Turkish as it wasn't great to be honest but the experience was nice.
Good selection of drinks the only thing I didn't like was the drinks in plastic cups but I expect this is due to safety. Premium brand vodka was served as part if the all inclusive which I thought was good.
Fantastic entertainment which we sometimes watched and also a good kids mini disco in kids town. Very good kids clubs with a choice of Thomson and the international one. Found the international one tended to take the kids out and about more and my four year old really enjoyed going on the banana boat trip with kids club.
Really good choice of pools and we mainly stayed around the baby pool near the big pool which was a good depth for my 23 month old. We also went to the beach which was nice but I have a friend with a boat and we did some fab trips through him so only tended to use the beach when the kids were napping as they preferred the pool.
Beach bar at night good with kids as some kids club workers are there with a few toys etc and do colouring with them.
If we wanted to go into marmaris we caught the dolmus and walked back, a pleasant walk but a good hour to the marina.
Had some photos taken whilst we were there by Ekrem and cannot praise him enough, he was brilliant with the kids, very reasonable and we were very pleased with them.
Overall we had an amazing holiday here, loved the hotel and would come back here without a doubt.

2  Thank Bradford S
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Nice hotel with very polite staff. We had two bedrooms en two tv sets. Wifi was available in the whole hotel. The rooms were great, grand and clean. Very nice towels.
The food and drinks ware good, every night there was life music on the beach at the bar.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MC110455
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very nice hotel and grounds right on the beach. Our whole family enjoyed the holiday (children 12,10 & 6)
Michelle the Thomson rep was great. Hotel Staff were most helpful and pleasant.
Plenty of comfortable sun beds to choose at pool sides and beach. Team of entertainment staff were good there was stuff going on but they were not in your face like some previous places we had stayed.
Food was wonderful so much choice... and 3 al a carte included if want.
Too hot for some (but what do we expect at that time of year!) plenty of sun parasols and natural tree shade though which was really good.
Sands and sea were nice and all of us enjoyed swimming to the platforms.
Spa and Turkish baths were great and kids enjoyed this too. The water slides were good for a change if scenery.
All in all very pleased and can't really think of any complaints.

• Stayed: August 2014
6  Thank JJJJt
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hallo, we have just came back from holidays in this hotel.
And the only two good things about this hotel I can write are: decent size of family rooms that have two bathrooms and are cleaned well and a few trees that provide shadow during very hot days.

We did not like:
- reception - the staff on the morning shift dreadful - providing no service, no respect for the guest
- they openly told us that having one reservation, we can not have two rooms next to each other - as there are no family rooms next to each other - they lied - as we discovered on the next day
- very bad beach with dark sand
- life guard standing in the shadow not able to notice anybody who will have problems
- sun beds at the sea taken away from guests to prepare for the night entertainment
- non hygienic swimming pool
- swimming pool and relaxation area for adults only (above 14 years old) only in theory - staff and management do not care about making sure that the rules are followed
- lots of Russians who are aggressive, do not follow the rules and get up at 6 am to get the sun bed
- problems with getting a sun bed at 8 a.m.
- bad food - at the end of first week we could not look at this food court - I have not eaten anything there that had any taste. Only sweets were OK. Even melon was dreadful and not fresh

If you look for a very busy, quite dirty and loud place, than this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: you will not be able to choose the room. The family room is a decent size, but you will not be able...
6  Thank Monika K
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We travelled in May this year, to start with the bad points - we were given a large ground floor apartment up a long, steep hill which was not too clean, we spent the first night freezing cold as there was only a sheet on the bed, and a very hard scratchy blanket in the wardrobe. I held onto the handrail to get into the bath one morning and the handrail fell off the wall sending sharp pieces of tile flying all over the place and leaving me to fall into the bath hitting my knee hard on the side of the bath. My boyfriend called reception advising them what had happened, I was offered medical attention and a handyman and a cleaner were sent to our apartment to fix the handrail and clean up the debris, not a good start to the day. The guests were mostly rude and impolite, there is really only one bar which you can sit in and we struggled to get a seat a lot of the time, so found ourselves sitting in the reception area with our drinks some nights which was not a great atmosphere. We did however walk through an outdoor area and find a nice little bar to sit in which was comfortable and quiet, however we were quickly thrown out of this, being told that this bar was only for their "health club guests" or something along those lines - needless to say I was disgusted having paid a decent amount of money to stay here and being chucked out of a nearly empty bar for quietly playing cards?! I was told that we could utilise this bar in a week's time - no good to us as we were not going to be there that long. The outdoor areas were not really usable, due to the number of smoking guests - you cannot get away from the smoke - perople are smoking in every possible area outside and i ended up with a permenent cough for the whole holiday, and the weather was awful, cold and rainy most of the time. After 7 nights of our 10 day holiday I wanted to leave desperately, but decided it was not worth the hassle and money to try to get Thompson to take us on an earlier transfer/flight etc so stayed for the duration. The area of Marmaris was not that great either, I much preferred Antalya and Side where we holidayed last year.

The good points about this holiday are - the Thompson rep was great, the excursions were well priced and executed - worth our while definitely. I decided to have a foam massage at the hotel spa which was a strange experience but nice! The food was usually good, a bit hit and miss but I never went hungry that's for sure.

Unfortunately we felt this holiday was a waste of money, and wished we had gone elsewhere.

Room Tip: if you stay in the "village" section be prepared for a steep uphill walk back to you room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Abigail M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Aqua
#12 of 77 in Icmeler
Grand Pasa Hotel
Grand Pasa Hotel
#22 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Grand Yazici Club Turban? Share your experiences!