Julian Forest Suites
    • Restaurant
    • Restaurant
    Very Good 4/5
    1,761 results
    All reviewsentertainment teamturkish bathyolo teamburning coffeemanager denizindoor eatingnext yearbar staffturkeywasp problemgreat holidayfamily suitewater polokids clubkiller poolmeal timesicmeler town
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 14 July 2011

The Julian Forest Suites are lovely apartments situated in a gorgeous location. These have to be the nicest apartments we have ever stayed in with all of the amenties you need and more.

The apartments are cleaned every day with the towels and bedding changed twice a week. We had a lovely cleaner, Fatma, who did an outstanding job.

The staff at Julian Forest are very friendly and the young lady on reception was lovely and so helpful. Although daytime activities are not our thing (we just wanted to relax by the pool) and we didn't take part in any of the activities we found the entertainment staff very nice. They asked us every day if we wanted to join in, but did not hassle or annoy us at all. They were nice guys.

We ate lunch in the restaurant quite a few times and the lunches were very good. I would highly recommend the Julian Burger, a double decker chicken fillet burger with salad. However, we tried the dinner one evening and after eating out every night for a week found the quality of food at Julian Forest very disappointing. We bought the flexidine for one day to try it out and we're very glad we hadn't bought more. The soup starter tasted like it came from a packet. The T-Bone steak was fatty and served with frozen chips and tasteless veg. The fruit salad dessert was watery and tasteless, although the ice cream was lovely. Add to this the extremely long wait for service and needless to say we didn't go back for dinner.

Icmeler has lots of lovely restaurants with quality food at brilliant prices so I would recommend not signing up for flexdine until you've tried the Julian Forest restaurant and tried others in the resort first. The best restaurants we went to were the Mandalin (5 course steak dinner for just under £12), Broadway (5 course chicken dinner for £8) and Tandoori Sizzler which do Chinese and Indian meal deals for just under £10.

Although the apartments are located quite a bit outside of the centre of Icmeler there is no problem getting there. The dolmus stop is just along from Julian Forest as is a taxi rank. Haggle with the taxi drivers as they'll usually match the price of getting the dolmus. There are also quite a few restaurants in Icmeler who offer a free shuttle service and will collect you from Julian Forest and drop you off after your meal free of charge.

There is a spa based in the ground floor of the apartments. After my sixth time in Turkey I decided to take the plunge and had a turkish bath. This cost £28 and involved a sauna, a full body scrub and soapy lather, clay body mask and then a rinse and relaxation with a cold drink. The treatment took just over an hour and was worth every penny. My skin has never felt so soft as when I came out and my tan looks much better this year. I would highly recommend this treatment to anyone to have in the first couple of days of your holiday. You can also request a male or female to carry out your treatment if you so wish and the treatment is carried out in private or with your group if you want (no strangers).

Now for my only negative.... the music at the pool was constant. From 10 in the morning until 5 at night the music is blaring. Not being a Rihanna fan, I tried to listen to my ipod but found that I would have had to have it at ear damaging volume to drown out the music. We could not even speak to each other sitting next to each other on sunbeds sometimes because the music was so loud. We wanted a relaxing holiday and I love nothing more than lying by the pool reading a book and listening to my ipod but this year it was impossible. This music was not background music and would have been more at home in a nightclub. We did see people asking for the music to be turned down and we did ask ourselves but this lasted all of 10 minutes and then it was turned back up again. If this was a Club 18-30 resort it would have been understandable but these are lovely family friendly apartments. As I said, this is the only negative experience that we had, but it was bad enough to put us off going back. When we first arrived I was determined to go home and book a return trip for next year but after 2 weeks of blaring music I changed my mind.

My overall rating for Julian Forest Suites would have been 5 out of 5 but I've given 4 because of the music. If you don't mind the music then I would highly recommend Julian Forest but if you want a quiet relaxing holiday, go elsewhere.

1  Thank misty_violet
    Reviewed 13 July 2011

first holiday in turkey didnt know what to expect. what we got was a brilliant holiday in a first class hotel with nice and friendly staff from the cleaners to the hotel manager.the food was excellent(recommend the flexidine) lots of choice,all cooked fresh and served by eager waiting staff thanks to aykut,inancx,vahit and hakan amongst others.the hotel and pool area were kept spotless, eko and his team kept everybody entertained and the bbq/pool night was one of the best nights have had on any holiday.thanks to all the staff at julian forest for a brilliant holiday and look forward to next years visit

1  Thank graham221310
    Reviewed 13 July 2011

Location & Amenities : Ideal for families wide range of facilities table tennis, large pool, shop and bar to name a few. location could be better but just 1 bus ride from hotel to centre of icmeler, bus seems to no more than 10 mins wait and costs around 70p
    Rooms: No complaints very clean and tidy
    what i liked best: I can not speak highly enough of the staff at julian forest. from day 1 on arrival to leaving we have received excellent service, from Gizem and Hakan on reception, Ozy around the bar area and Ec'o for pool entertainment. they are a credit to the hotel.
    To round this off i would come back really enjoyed my holiday would recommend it to all my friends and family

1  Thank DavidGore
    Reviewed 12 July 2011

first time at julian forest and would go back rooms very clean good food great hotel
    very frendly staff hackan, eko, robertoooo ishmal mustafa in fact they were all good laura kids entertainer was great too we had a problem with case going missing nothing to do with hotel
    laura gave my wife some cloths till we got our case ,was took off coach at another hotel
    hackans english/ scottish very good realy cant think off any thing to winge about mabey
    the two weeks went in to quick.lol dolmus bus service is great britain should take a look at this service dont wait much more than a few min for a bus . thing we will book up again next year first two
    days was quiet till eko and roberto came to hotel /new entertainers/ good laugh and get everyone involved

1  Thank divweir
    Reviewed 10 July 2011

Me and my family went on a 2 week holiday 2 julien forest and had a fantastic time, As we arrived they were 2 welcome us which was surprising as it as 3 in morning, Very pleased with high standard of cleanliness in the rooms on arrival and throughout the complex really spotless, Staff and waiters all very friendly, We had a great stay and would highly reccomend the julien forest.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family