We stayed at the Julian Forrest in may 2011 just as the season started. It was me and my 4 female friends, one of the reasons we chose the hotel was due to it having a 2 bed room with 2 bathrooms (much needed with 5 girls). The rooms were spotless when we arrived I slept on the smaller bed when we arrived the only negative was that my sheets were still damp but due to the long transfer I fell straight asleep! The pool at the hotel was amazing and we were soon greeted by the animation team who were very entertaining throughout our stay. As for the food at the hotel it was "ok" but that is comparing it to some of the amazing restaurants in icmeler such as the love boat and champagne. I urge anyone that stays in the hotel to venture out to eat as the food is reasonably priced and amazing. Having been to icmeler 5 times before from experience venture out collect the cards that the restaurants give you and if you fancy eating there most of them will send a minibus to pick you up from the Julian forrest which is brilliant die to how far the hotel is away from everything.
We didn't have any children in our group but the Julian forest catered very well for the children that were there while we stayed the animation team will do anything to keep them busy.
The hotel does play music by the pool and at times it did get loud it didn't bother us but if you want to really chill out in a noise free environment then you might get a bit annoyed. Also sometimes the music had bad language in which we picked up on and told the animation team to avoid due to the kids round the pool.
As for the excursions Thomas cook first choice and Thomson reps will offer you some great packages but they are not priced competitively SHOP AROUND. I have been to icmeler 5 times and have never paid more than £9 for a lazy day boat trip (which is excellent day out) some of the girls in my group were at first apprehensive about not booking through the rep but as I have done it everytime I gave been and not had a bad experience I went ahead and did some shopping around we booked through a guy opposite oscars bar and he was great. The Market is also a brilliant day go later to get the best deals and make sure you haggle! If you can learn a bit of basic Turkish while you are there like hello bye thankyou and the bill please the locals really like it!
If you are looking for jewellery then icmeler is the place got my engagement ring here and had it valued in England worth double what we paid and Ernest jones said the ring was of great quality!
Enjoy your holiday I have and will be going back for holiday number 6 next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a relaxing holiday away from the noise of the town or easily reached if desired the Julian Forest Suites is a must. Situated 2,8 km away from the beach at the foot of the surrounding forest, Julian Forest Suites offer fantastic service set in beautiful scenery, ideal for families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Julian Forest Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Julian Forest Hotel Icmeler
- Julian Forest Apartments Icmeler
- Julian Forest Apartments Hotel Icmeler