“Brilliant”

Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
West Lothian
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We have recently returned from Julian Forest and had such a great holiday we are definitely going back next year. We had stayed there before when it was self catering and weren't sure if all inclusive would be for us but it exceeded our expectations. Food was lovely with plenty of choice. Staff very helpful and polite from cleaners to the manager. Must mention the entertainment team who are very friendly and make an effort with all the guests to get involved in the activities,but leave you in peace if you don't want to. Looking forward to returning as we couldn't fault it.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsMWestLothian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Well where to start, me and my friends went on a 10day holiday here in June.
When we turned up we was a little bit worried of the location as it was so far out, but on entering the hotel we knew that we had made a fab choice.
We went to our welcome meeting the next morning where Rachel informed us on everything we needed to know, she was a great help throughout the entire stay of our holiday.

We then found ourselves some sunbeds and was approached by a little dude (sinan) about turkish bath at the hotel, before going away everyone recommend one so we all agreed OMG lost for words it was amazing from start to finish the progamme is stunning, so relaxing the staff are so good. We all felt so much better coming out of there. We never felt uncomfortable I even fell asleep. =) Sinan also did our photos they was great. He is such a great guy he will help with anything he can.

The rooms are out of this world, they are so big and clean. Free aircon in all rooms, and a fridge to keep cold drinks.The bathrooms are massive you could swing a cat. The cleaners are so pleasant and so friendly, they dont speak much english but always smiling.

The bar staff are great OK they dont speak alot of english but so friendly, you cant ask for a better bunch of boys. We all felt so comfortable at the hotel no hassle off any of them. The food is fabulous, so much to choose from, and free ice cream what more could you ask for

Deniz the assistant manager of the hotel is so nice, he cant do enough for you we didnt need much help but he was always around so if we needed anything we knew where to find him. Alot of managers would be hiding away somewhere but Deniz is forever at the hotel running a very tight ship, you cant fault him.

We can't wait to go back next year. We will be booking direct through Deniz next time.
See you all soon and thank you for a great stay.

Room Tip: If you want peace ask for a room on the road side.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank PrincessM89
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hotel from the 23rd-1st of June/July 2013 and after reading all the reviews on here we went with high expectations. We were not disappointed! I was a little unsure on what the food would be like as I know sometimes you have to be careful in Turkey but there was plenty of choice and it was gorgeous, especially the soups and the currys! The all inclusive hotel works really well as you have unlimited drinks from the bar (un-bottled) which you need in the heat! there were four meal times, Breakfast, Lunch, Snack and dinner which all had plenty of choice and differed. Ice cream was supposed to be served between 2:30 and 4:30 but I found that it was open during meal times also. The room we stayed in was on the bottom floor (1208) and was very spacious and looked to be well maintained, airconditioning was in the main living room and the bedroom so we were never too hot in the room although it was always in the shade anyway as we did not have much of a view apart from trees but this never bothered us. Noise was never a problem, we never heard a peep out of anyone not even the music from around the pool on a morning or the entertainment on a night. Yes the location of this hotel is a mile or so away from the town but the dolmus is literally as soon as you step out of the hotel and will drop you off pretty much when and where you want, we never had to wait more than 5 minutes and they were pretty cheap too 1.50 TL into Içmeler and 2.50 TL to marmaris. As the hotel is pretty much on the edge of the forrest and the restaurant is outdoor although there is a small indoor section you do get a few insects about at meal times and at night especially wasps, as you will have read about in other reviews. the wasps were never a problem to us and they are not like people are making out in some of the reviews I read before I stayed, the place is not swarming with them, theres just a few buzzing around the place and if you dont panic and try to swat them they tend not to even bother with you, I wasn't stung once whilst staying there. I found that all the staff at the hotel were really friendly and couldn't do enough to please, the entertainment crew were really funny also! And activities such as water polo, darts and little competitions were going on through the day, However. I found on a night that the entertainment was not up to much but this depends on what you look for in a holiday, me being 19 wanted something a bit more lively so we headed down to Içmeler or Marmaris most nights. but I suppose if you just wanted to chill and have a nice drink from the all inclusive bar it was ideal, it just depends what you want on your holiday. The only fault I could pick with this hotel is on the day we left we were to be picked up by the Thomas Cook coach at 9:00 and no where on our documents did it have a check out time. as on our documents we were officially leaving on the Monday morning and not the Sunday night we assumed we had the room all of Sunday, however we were wrong and were rushed out of our room no where near ready to leave and when I asked why i had not been told, or where I was supposed to have found this information out from they said we should have been informed, although we wasn't. However this little hiccup would not put me off staying here again, overall I was really pleased with the hotel and the holiday in general. I would recommend to anyone, especially for families!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Louis_Fitzpatrick
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

Holiday!!!!! Lie back relax and let the cloudless days go by!!!! If all you want is to get away and soak up the rays and take a dip in the pool and have food and drink when you want it, this is the place!!!

Yes it's out of Icmeler yes it's at the foot of a mountain and yes got an odd wasp flying around!!!

So what!!! It more than makes up for all this in fact the above make it more enjoyable as your away from it all!!!

As stated elsewhere in reviews if you want to go into Icmeler or Marmaris get the bus outside the hotel door!!! 50p!!!

Turkish bath in hotel is fantastic!! Food, rooms, cleanliness, pools, and bar is everything you need to enjoy your holiday!! I'm sure some people could find something to moan about, but if your like us and just want a getaway holiday then this is just perfect!!!! We shall return which says it all!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank richardbrook
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed at the Julian Forest Suites from 11th- 22nd June. This was my 6th stay in the hotel. At first I felt a little disappointed as the staff had all changed from the pervious year and these people were always what made my holiday so enjoyable, I needn't of worried the new staff were all just as friendly and happy to help as the previous years.
I wasn't going to bother writing another review as my previous ones really say it all about this hotel but I decided I must as this hotel really deserves to be recognised for the great work they do in making sure everyone has such an enjoyable stay.
I always get asked 'why do you return to the same place every year' and the answer is easy- this is a fantastic hotel and feels like my second home. I went to turkey, Bulgaria and Tenerife last year and I really wish I had just returned to this hotel twice in the year instead.
I book directly with the hotel and get a better price than booking through Thomas cook. I arranged my transfer through the hotel for the second time and this once again was brilliant and couldn't of been easier. The hotel is the last stop in Icmeler so if you do get your transfer through a travel agent this can be quite lengthily.
It is the second year this hotel has been all inclusive and I was extremely dubious about what the food was going to be like since it was changing to buffet rather than order off the menu. I am extremely fussy with food and I have to say this is the best food I have ever had in a hotel abroad. There was so much choice you would never go hungry.
I read the reviews on this hotel every year before returning and was getting extremely worried about all the wasp comments. Previous years there has been a few wasps but nothing that has bothered me but this years reviews made it sound like living hell! Not sure what has been done but I barely seen a wasp the whole holiday. There was the odd one at the bar but nothing in the open restaurant so it seems the hotel may have the problem under control.
Every year we meet some great friends at this hotel and this year myself and my sister returned with people we met there last year.
If you ever have any queries or concerns the staff at this hotel will go out there way to help you. I usually use the hair salon in the hotel but this year they did not have one so Sinan (hotel photographer) rang the hotel next door for me and got a price for me to have my hair done!! £5 for a blow dry!!! Needless to say I had it done every night:)
Deniz the manager is fantastic- such a laugh (however enjoys winding me up about not letting me have late check out ) this is one of the perks you get along with free safety deposit box and 10% discount if you book directly.
Busy checking flights for next year and will hopefully be back again!!
If your looking for the perfect hotel in Turkey you must book the Julian Forest suites- can not recommend it enough!!!!
If I was so say how this hotel could improve it would be for the cleaners to do a little more cleaning in the rooms rather than just changing the towels.
See you all next year :) lexi x

Room Tip: Best room in the hotel 3101.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lexi K
gateshead
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Well this was our 2nd visit to Julian forest & I must say this time was even better than the 1st time.. There is not fault about this Hotel... The Rooms are very spacious & very Clean. Whiter than white big fluffy towels & even 2 lovely white Robes hanging in the Bathroom :) The food is Gorgeous something to suit everyone.. Excellent bar service & very friendly staff.. The Entertainment team are just fab this year.. Full of fun .. Deniz.. Nigel & Rico They are everyones Best friends.. My little girl loved them to bits :) . The pool Area is lovely. Nice comfortable beds & you can always get 1.. Very quiet @ night, we never heard a thing. The cleaners are very happy & polite & so is the Reception staff.. Deniz the manager is very helpfull & lovely.. We met some lovely friendly people.. All in all the Hotel is just perfect & we can`t wait to get Booked up for next year.. Thank you again Julian Forest for a fantastic stress free Holiday!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family