“Value for Money”

Julian Forest Suites
Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Arrived late 28th April to find the food had finished for the evening Cagen
(K-jen) one of the Barmen went and made us sandwiches personally

The entertainment as with any Turkish hotel was not good however the Octay, Sam and Ricky tried really hard to keep everyone amused

The food was good quality and you could always make a meal out of what was put out

The hotel is a bit out of the way, however a 200mm walk a 50 pence got you to the town centre in 10min’s

Our only complaint would be reception probably the most import place to have English, Russian, German, etc speakers we had to keep fetching Bar staff to translate

The Wasp can be a pain, however we found that if you leave them alone they’ll leave you alone

On the hole Great hotel and value for money

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TenerifeDiver2
There are newer reviews for Julian Forest Suites

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed at the Julian Forest when they first opened. I have to say that these apartments were very nice but the only negative was the fact they were out of the way. In fact it's the last stop on the dolmas outside the complex. You could wal down into the centre of icmeler but I wouldn't recommend it in the height of summer

I would certainly recommend you to stay here tho.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank golazzo
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my mother and granddaughter 21st April till 28th, we where the second guests to arrive. We arrived very late at night very sleepy and just wanted a cuppa. In the morning we very pleased with the hotel it was beautiful, spotless and well cared for.the staff where wonderful and could not do enough for you. The food was really nice great choice and I can be fussy. Being only a handfull of guests in the hotel attention paid to us was greatly received especially to my six year old granddaughter Baillie she loved it. Entertainment was really not started yet because of the low season and being there was only a few guests. Many thanks to Sammy and ocktie they are a credit to the hotel. Loved the big barman he was spot on. I am going again in September and can't wait. A big thank you to the other guests for making our holiday special Sally and John, Pauline and Roy and there beautiful granddaughter.

Room Tip: I loved room 1207 near the pool
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank hallveronica
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Me and my other half (22 years old) have just arrived back from a weeks stay in this truly beautiful hotel. 22nd April - 29th April
The pictures really do it justice.
Before arriving at the hotel me and my boyfriend were very confident with our choice as many of the reviews were very positive and rightfully so! The only review we was cautious about were the 'Wasps' and if I am honest the wasps were one of the only factors letting this hotel down, However I would advise you to read this whole review because there are many positives and a few negatives which will be mentioned below

On arrival this hotel and its surroundings were very quiet, we arrived quite late at night as assumed it was because of this. My boyfriend and I picked this time of year so it was quiet however I think we were both a little shocked when we woke up the next morning and arrived at breakfast to find of that there were only 5 guests in the whole hotel! That being said the staff were unbelievable and treated the 5 of us like kings, the couple we met described it perfectly
'Our own villa with staff' and to be honest it made the hotel even more special, throughout the week the hotel did get busier and yet the staff we still remarkable.

The rooms - On arrival we were put in room 1101 and as it was late we couldn't really do anything about the fact that it was a tree view with a brick wall. Me and my boyfriend weren't happy and the next day asked if we could be moved to a more suitable room on a higher floor with a pool view, and with no qualms or queries they moved us straight away, again showing how amazing the staff were. The room we were moved to was more than perfect (2201) we had a beautiful pool and mountain view with sun on the balcony from 10 - 3, it included a double bed a separate living area, a bathroom (with a bath) a flat screen TV a fridge and air - con. If you wanted to moan and be picky the light on the balcony didn't work but that is really no bother to anyone, so in one word i would describe the room as perfect.

Location - This has both positives and negatives. POSITIVES - Beautiful scenery, quiet, amazing views. NEGATIVES - It is very far out, the nearest shop is a 5 minute walk in April weather, which lets be honest for turkey is very mild, this is also the nearest bar (there is only 1 bar in this area) To get into Icmeler itself it takes about 10 minutes on the local bus (2L about 60p) when my boyfriend and I read reviews on how far out it was we actually said that it would be fine, as we are both quite active we could walk into Icmeler - I would advise you just get the bus. To get into Marmaris its 3L pp (about 90p) and again takes about 45 minutes, so it is far from the center - THAT BEING SAID - the local bus runs from literally out side the hotel from early morning till midnight, and my boyfriend and I took a trip into Marmaris one night to go to the bars and the last bus back was 1.30am which was plenty late enough for the type of holiday we were there for. So although its location isn't ideal they have definitely supplied a very good alternative and the buses are very comfortable.

The food - We had two very different experiences of the food within this hotel, as the first few days we were allowed to order off a menu as there were not enough guests to justify a buffet and the food was delicious, we had something different every meal and it was always piping hot. However when more guest arrived the food became a buffet and although there was lots of choice they couldn't really keep it warm for very long, so you had to have dinner almost as soon as they put it out otherwise it was only slightly warm. The other problem with the buffet is it attracted more wasps (I am petrified of them) So when getting certain things for example puddings it was impossible for me to get any food as there were too many wasps, so for me at some meal times mainly dinner, the wasps won.

The pool - Beautiful pools, and slides. I only went on the slide once but it was good fun, just make sure you wear shorts as it hurts your bum a bit, the pool was always very cold but that was because we were in April and the weather wasn't all that warm, if you swam about for a bit you got warm and we managed to get in there almost every day so its nothing really to complain about, again when around the pool if you don't take drinks down there or cover them with something you get less wasps.

The cleanliness of the hotel was second to none, the maids were fantastic and cleaned our rooms everyday and even left us a have a safe journey note on the last day, the pool, bar and restaurant were always spotless.

All inclusive - I believe this hotel is great value for money and the all in package was brilliant. To begin with i thought we would struggle with drinks as many spirits were extra, however if you just speak to the staff many off the local drink taste just like 'Archers and Amertto' They just have different names.

Weather - We were very worried about the weather as we had been told that it can be very unpredictable in April, however we had 4 days of sunshine and it was about 25 degrees (as we are both red heads this was perfect) then we had 3 days of cloud/ rain, however you could still walk around in t-shirts,

April in Icmeler - It is very quiet as the season doesn't really start till the start of may but although we thought at the beginning we were going to struggle it was actually lovely and we ended up saying that we would go back again at the exact same time as it was worked for the relaxing holiday that we were there for.

Staff and Entertainment - As mentioned before, the staff were incredible and I have to do a special mention to the entertainment team and Justin bar man(that's not his name) They were willing to help and were just lovely people in general! Both my boyfriend and I have said we would go back just for them, never mind the beauty of the hotel.

Would I go back?
Would I recommend this hotel to others?
The answer is yes to both of the above questions, although there are a few negatives, I would definitely go back, HOWEVER - I would only go back in April as near the end of the holiday the wasps had doubled and they did sadly become a little too much for me to handle, so I wouldn't be able to go any later than April.

JUST AN EXTRA TIP -
The exchange rate seamed to be much stronger in Turkey, England - 3.1/3,2 Turkey 3.5

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jodie L
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is our second visit to Julian forest suites, the weather was a let down this time, we came a little too early in the season. Again the service was superb, as our previous visit. The rooms are very well appointed and there is everything that you need, the air-conditioning unit in one of our two rooms was not as effective as the other room, and it was a little noisy. The food is excellent with a very good selection, although sometimes a few items were lukewarm(not cold). The bar staff and entertainment staff can be perceived as being a little over the top on days 1 and 2 but once you get used to them being very friendly and helpful, they really do make the holiday a really relaxing experience. This is mainly down to their genuine friendliness and helpfulness.

All of the hotel staff are very helpful and willing to put themselves out for your satisfaction.

We had a superb time even though the weather was poor, this was down to the staff and the surroundings being excellent and we will definitely be returning when the weather is better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vince B
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Me and my family stayed here last year and had a fantastic time..weather was brilliant,people were so friendly and helpfull..the rooms were getting cleaned everyday,the foods was super..definatly recommend this hotel.we also booked jeep safari which is fun day out and lazy day boat trip with free drinks all day no limit on the internet with a company called icmelerexcursions.com as day had very good name on tripadvisor and we enjoyed it both trips very good value of money..we are coming again in June can't wait:)

Room Tip: Any room will be fine
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Kirsty W
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We was moved here from there sister hotel club julian, we found this hotel much more suited to us, it was alot quieter and the hotel cleanliness and quality was much better too. The wasps were very very annoying when trying to eat but i guess that's no ones fault, the rooms were nice and food was nice too. My 5yr old really enjoyed julian forest, the kids pool was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Katy S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Aqua
#9 of 77 in Icmeler
Julian Club Hotel
Julian Club Hotel
#13 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Julian Forest Suites? Share your experiences!