“Could've been great but sadly wasn't”

Julian Forest Suites
Ranked #4 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
“Could've been great but sadly wasn't”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

First I want to say that this could be a really nice place to spend your holiday, however for us it has been a bit of a nightmare. Firstly as I write this it is 01:00 and I would really like to be asleep but due to the constant whooshing noise outside my window I can't seem to drop off. To make matters worse I know that I will recive a wake up call at around 06:00 when all the staff arrive for work and have thier morning chat right outside my bedroom window. I don't blame the staff for having their chat, because most of them are lovely and do a great job but I do blame the hotel for putting my wife, daughter and I in a room right by the staff entrance. When we arrived at the hotel (04:00) we were told that our room was not ready due to an "electrical fault" and would not be ready for about an hour. We said we would wait, we were then told it would probably be two hours, so we would have to spend the night hotel next door and move back at 08:00. The room in the next door hotel had only two single beds but "don't worry I can probably find you another bed" We said that we were not prepared to stay in this room so we will just wait for our room to become available. We waited for about 20 mins and then we were taken to what was a really nice room. 10:30 the next day the phone rings and we are told that this isn't our room after all and that we had to move after having just unpacked to a not so nice room that is honestly the noisiest room I have ever stayed in. Would I recommend you spend your hard earned cash so stay here? No which is a shame because like I said it could be a really great place.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Craigt75

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have just returned from my fifth visit to julian forest and enjoy it more every time!!

Food is great with a good choice

Staff are friendly and helpful

Entertainment guys were great fun, kept kids occupied with games, disco etc and also ensured adults were enjoying themselves. Everyone loved sam and richy, lovely guys :)

Had such a great time we are booking back up for later this year

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank natasha b
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Have just returned home from the Julian Forest, overall I would rate this as a lovely hotel in a quiet picturesque setting surrounded by pine forest.
Food was really good and plentiful...it kept coming all day! Catering mainly for the British even though there were a lot of Russian families there as well. Wasps....well we hardly saw any, yes there are a few flying things which you would expect to see in that type of area and a few wasps around the fruit which you would probably get in any outdoor restaraunt in England in the summer. We go away to sit outside and enjoy the weather so you have to have realistic expectations about sharing that space with insects, after all they were there first.
Rooms were large and comfortable and kept very clean. You could change your pool towels daily at reception.
Staff could not have been more helpful or pleasant either in the bar or around the restaurant everyone was spotlessly clean including the chefs who had been cooking food all day.
Entertainment team...great bunch but we found it all to loud! The noise started at around 10am and continued right through till 11pm with just a couple of short breaks during meal times. We chose this hotel and its setting for what we thought would be tranquillity but we might just as well have stayed in the middle town. We had to take ourselves off out of the hotel each day to the beach for the peace and quiet we went on holiday for and we had to eat before 8.30pm as the deafing kids disco started then and we couldnt even hear ourselves speak over the noise as the stage is yards away from the eating area.
Tip- any rooms on the 4th floor only have a very tiny balcony which you could not see over unless you stood up.

Overall, really good hotel.

1 Thank Ann13354
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We have just returned from the Julian Forest Suites having spent 3 fantastic weeks and this is the third year we have been there This is truely a family hotel from singles to parents with children and even to grand parents Everyone is so friendly the suites are simply wonderful so much room which hotel gives you a separate lounge this one does The food is so varied you can have different meals every day of the week. I have never seen a more enthusiastic and energetic "animation" team than the ones currently at the hotel they may be a bit loud but you can forgive that for all the efforts they put in and the new ideas they were coming up with during our three week stay if it works fine if not bin it I wish them every success in the busy season

Room Tip: Whether you face the pool or the road the rooms are excellent they are not just rooms they are suite...
3 Thank Maureen T
Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We've just returned from a 10 day holiday at the Julian Forest Suites hotel with our two children aged 6 and 14. The location is a tree forest mountain retreat perfect for a relaxing holiday with a chilled out vibe. The hotel as some of the best views of the mountains you can get as it is the last hotel at the end of the old village. The food was superb with a huge choice of different tastes to suit all pallets, the choice of alcohol was endless, with cocktails, spirits and baileys alike all included. The room we had was a family suite well worth the upgrade this meant our boys had there own space and we had a living area to relax in, watch t.v and use the hotels wi-fi (small cost) The guys we met offering the Turkish baths (Gary) and the personal photographer (Ali) were some of the nicest chaps we have ever met. We took advantage of there services at a very cheap rate, we felt. We had a professional photographer take over 300 pictures put on to a disc, 24 in an album beautifully done a 14"x 10" family portrait all for less than £100 quid.
The Turkish bath was amazing, a real treat to start our holiday for my partner and I. We ended up going too it several times throughout our stay, as compared to a spa day in the UK the cost was so cheap. we had 150 mins of pure massage heaven for £50 quid each, trust me you will not regret visiting this service at this price. One of the best qualities of this hotel is the Entertainment Team (Otay,Sammy, Richie and Amy) you are AMAZING! you made my family feel welcome from the minute we arrived to the minute you all jumped on us to say good bye waving us off at the front door. We enjoyed the games through out the day for our 14 year old and myself (Killer darts/pool, water polo and french bowels) and the kids disco at night for my 6 year old. We all liked the slides and the fact that your there watching over at the top meant we felt our boys were safe. Thank you for making our holiday so amazing. We think this hotel is one of the best ever, JUST AN AMAZING PLACE WITH GREAT PEOPLE. Get involved, You Only Live Once. (YOLO).

Room Tip: choose a room with an odd number, they over look the pool and mountains.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Barry O
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We've just got back from a great holiday in Turkey. After reading all the reviews about the wasp problem I went armed with all sorts of wasp repellent and hardly saw any wasps at all!!!! We did see a truck spraying the surrounding trees a couple of times so maybe that's solved the problem! The food was really nice with lots of choice and the hotel was very clean. My 9 year old daughter loved the entertainment team and the water slides and of course the ice cream!! I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only negative was that we were given the wrong room on the first night but we got moved the next day. We booked a family suite which had 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, it was a lovely spacious room. The one we were put in when we arrived only had one bedroom with camp beds in the living room so my only advice would be to check what room you've booked and make sure you're given the right one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon A
Egremont, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were transfered to this wonderful hotel from the julian club, What can say, we loved it, all the rooms are suites, which are lovely and modern, the bedroom had kingsize bed, They provide towels for poolside, which you get replaced at reception desk, Room very clean and bedding changed 3 times during our 9 day stay, The Food was excellent with wide choice at every sitting, Drinks where good and not watered down. The entertain team were excellent and a great laugh with both kids and adults, The Turkish bath & massage in the hotel were great. the location is a bit out of the way but buses run from outside the hotel every 5-10 mins into icmeler(we loved being away from it all and up in the mountains) All the staff were freindly and helpful and we will definately be going back to stay!!! Met a few great couples, hello to you

Room Tip: Any room would be suitable, we like to b high up and had pool and mountain view
4 Thank Tricia251