We have recently returned from a 2 week break at Julian Forest. On the whole we enjoyed our stay but there were a few things that let it down for us.
The hotel itself is really nice. Our room was clean and spacious, although we weren’t one of the lucky ones to receive a poolside view. We had no balcony and being next to reception it could be noisy at times.
The poolside is lovely, sun beds were very comfy and lots of umbrellas if you wanted them. Towards the end of our 2 weeks if you weren’t up at a reasonable time it was harder to get a sun bed. Often people would reserve them and you wouldn’t see them on it all day.
The all inclusive options were amazing. We loved the food, it was really varied over the 2 weeks and we enjoyed trying a lot of the different dishes. The drinks options for all inclusive was very good and better than other all inclusive holidays we have done. The bar staff were great, special mention to Justin for looking after us all holiday.
A lot of people in previous reviews mentioned the wasps. We did not find them to be a problem. The staff did a great job of clearing plates away quickly. All the food was covered and they would use burners near the desserts to keep the wasps away. We also found if you didn’t sit near the buffet during dinner then you weren’t bothered by wasps at all. The only times we were bothered by the odd wasp was when we sat closer to the buffet.
We did the Turkish bath at the start of the week which we really enjoyed. The location itself is nice, close to the mountains. As everyone has said it is easy to get the bus to Icmeler or Marmaris for the equivalent of about 80p and we enjoyed exploring both areas.
The sticking point for us was the entertainment. We are busy and active at home and we go on holiday to chill out and for us it was a bit too much at times. There was always something going on which is fine if you want to take part but the constant announcements over the loud speaker, the 3 different daily poolside dances were a bit too much for us. One of the entertainers shouted the whole time which was unnecessary, but towards the end of our second week it seemed that he had left and been replaced by the lovely Justin from the bar. The other entertainers were really nice Oktay, Richie and Amy but for us it just needs to be toned down a bit. I don’t want to be woken up and asked if I want to play water polo or to join the morning dance!
I would say if you were a family then this hotel would be great as there is always something going on for the kids but as a couple I am not sure we would go back. We found you had to time dinner to avoid listening to the same songs in the kids disco every night for 2 weeks. As the disco was right next to where you eat. Dinner was 7.30 to 9 and the disco was always 8.30 to 9pm.
All that being said it is a nice hotel, in a lovely setting and the staff were fab. It just wasn’t quite the relaxing break we were after!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a relaxing holiday away from the noise of the town or easily reached if desired the Julian Forest Suites is a must. Situated 2,8 km away from the beach at the foot of the surrounding forest, Julian Forest Suites offer fantastic service set in beautiful scenery, ideal for families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Julian Forest Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Julian Forest Hotel Icmeler
- Julian Forest Apartments Icmeler
- Julian Forest Apartments Hotel Icmeler