“Fantastic holiday”

Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed 20th July to 27th July 2014 room 3207 and what a great week , we wished we had stayed for 2 having arrived home. The food was excellent plenty of variety always piping hot and at least two dishes cooked before your eyes lunch and evening. There was an air conditioned eating area enclosed in which you could take your food mostly we ate in the open air area. The drinks were good and a good variety of cocktails none watered down. A previous reviewer said the beer was not nice it was Tuborg and it was a nice larger.

The staff were very attentive and took pride in the hotel, the entertainment team were great and if you have children Amy looked after them very well . Justin was very funny just take him as trying to make your day enjoyable. Justin is actually very helpful and sorted out a very small problem in relation to an Irish coffee, the coffee machine in the bar was not working properly and he took the glass over to the restaurant coffee machine and brought it back to the bar.

I had read the reviews about this hotel and can say most are as it is. don't worry about the wasps there are some but they do try to minimise them with burning coffee grounds but you can eat in the air conditioned eating area as I stated above.

would I stay here again ! Yes without a doubt

Justin keep up the good work and to the rest of the entertainment team I loved the frog lol.and you do try to make it not too boring at the pool. In addition I am pleased to say that if you do not want to take part they generally they will not press you.

Additional info!
There is a dolmus that runs every ten minutes to Icemeler or marmaris for 2Turkish Lira to Icemeler and 2.5 to Marmaris. very good travel .
There is another hotel beside the Julian Forest that has a market reasonable prices.
Free air conditioners in room
Pool is 10 lira for half an hour
internet is 50 lira for a week
safe is also 50 lira for a week
late check out 59 lira to 4 pm.
you get the free internet and late check out if booked direct for 3 adults for 2015 it would be £859 if booked before December 2014 .

One small note of dissatisfaction was my wife sat on one of the plastic chairs on the balcony and the leg gave way, the room had just been cleaned and the balcony was wet. I reported it straight away and was told we had to pay. I spoke to the manager and he said if it was broke it had to be paid for. I had explained that it was likely a combination of the heat and the floor being wet that had caused the leg to give way and break. Luckily my wife as not hurt as the piece that the piece that broke off was very sharp and pointed. It was originally intimated by the manager that because it was all inclusive and alcohol was plentiful that breakages occur. This happened at 17:35 and my wife had just come out from having a shower. The chair was not replaced by the time we left yesterday. I think they should have acknowledged that sometimes things do happen not from the residents fault.

As I said the above was just a small problem and would not put me off from staying in the future, but I would make sure I would not sit on the furniture on the balcony .

Room Tip: we stayed in room 3207 really good
1 Thank clarkefamily5

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Had such a good time at this hotel. Lovely clean hotel in picturesque surroundings. Service on the whole was excellent, the only letdown were the maids. They just about made the bed & changed towels. Toilet roll, Coffee & tea were not replaced unless asked. Room wasn't cleaned at all really.
The people that really made our holiday were the entertainment team especially Justin & Amy who were such good fun & very hardworking. Food was lovely & a good variety.
We would definitely come back here. :)
Julie & Paul xx

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Julie O
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just arrived back from 10 nights.Was very impressed with service. The entertainment team are brilliant with children, Justin very funny guy who my daughter loved. Food was very nice and staff very helpful. I would defiantly recommend this hotel to anyone with a family. Also Ali the photographer was a lovely and brilliant photographer and was very reasonable in price for his photos.

2 Thank 714michelle123
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

After a not too satisfactory nite in the sister hotel we transferred here an oh my god it was brilliant the setting is beautiful and we wre upgrade to a 2 bedroom sute. The hotel is large enough for the kids to make friends but small enough for me and the wife to relax. And what a great entertainment team Oktay, Justin, Ritchie an Amy do a wonderful job the food was great always a variety and with the local bus being right outside the door it was nice and easy to get into Icmeler will Defo be back

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Dunk1970
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I can honestly say I am glad I stayed in this hotel for my first time in Turkey. As I travelled here I was quite unsure on what to expect. I was worried about how the holiday would go. However, now I have returned home, I wish I had never left.

Firstly, id say the thing that stood out most about the hotel was the people. Being a rather small hotel it became a sort of happy community and I was very sad to leave everyone behind. The entertainment team were amazing. There was not a second of the day you could say you had nothing to do and unlike most hotels, they didn't harass you to participate. The entertainment team were very enthusiastic and all around really nice people. I was very fond of richy and how much of a big kid he was & justin, who was like an annoying big brother in a way.

The food however, I wasn't fussed about. It had very little variety and they repeatedly served the same things: chicken, chips, pizza and some other things. Sometimes I wondered whether they were just re-using the leftover previous meals again. My family are out 5 of the 10 days and I lost half a stone due to eating much less.

The hotel was very clean and well presented and for the first few days the staff were very lovely. Then, after a few days of not tipping the maids they didn't bring us towels or toilet roll and multiple of times didn't clean our room at all.

The ale was alright, but the beer was disgusting and I wasn't too keen on the cocktails. After participating in the night entertainment (some sort of beer contest) I spent the following days with an upset stomach.

Though having it's faults, I would strongly recommend this hotel to anybody. I've come away with memories that will last a lifetime and friends I hope to keep in touch with. - Cammy

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Camburkexx
leeds
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a fantastic holiday and this is largely due to the team at Julian Forest. They are all working so hard and are friendly - nothing is too much trouble. The food is very good and varied with lots of choice. Ice Cream and Pancakes every afternoon and midnight soup are extra touches that make the difference. The entertainment team are excellent, especially Justin who seems to notice the under confident kids and within a couple of hours has them joining in with all the activities including the Crazy Frog. The rooms are spacious and cleaned daily. Gary who books the Spa is also excellent and he spends a lot of time with the guests. The bus service stops at the door and is very cheap. Finally 'the wasps', yes there are a few but they do not cause any problems really so please do not worry they will not spoil your holiday. Thank you everyone at Julian Forest for a memorable and fantastic holiday.

1 Thank claire1965
Sunderland
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel on 7th July for 2 weeks. We travelled with Family and had booked four rooms. When we arrived we were all given rooms next to one another which made it easier for us. The rooms were very spacious and cleaned every day, couldn't fault them

All the staff at this hotel are so friendly and made the whole family feel welcome. We were actually sad to say our good byes as we made some fantastic friends

This hotel is in a beautiful location with easy access by dolmus to Icmeler and Marmaris. The bus stops right outside your hotel which is very handy and cheap enough to use

The food at this hotel is fantastic with plenty to chose from. Never once struggled to find something we liked to eat. Drinks are also very good for all inclusive

I would like to thank all the staff for a fantastic stay!! Everyone at this hotel worked extremely hard to make sure we had a brilliant time

We would definitely go back and stay at the Julian Forest and would recommend this hotel to anyone

Stayed July 2014