Booked direct with Deniz the manager and got a better deal and much better service than I did last year with Thomas cook. We booked a family suite (two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living area and a poolside balcony) and Deniz also arranged our direct transfers. We were met at dalaman airport by our taxi driver who drove us straight to Julian Forest only stopping to get us some water, this was much quicker than transfer with tour operator and meant on our return we only left hotel 3hours and 45mins before take off.
Reception staff were always excellent and before checking us in they urged us to go for dinner and get some drinks before dinner service finished. Check in was efficient, we got everything we were promised, family suite, free Wi-Fi, safe and late check out. All four us were given our own Wi-Fi codes and they were all 100% reliable.
Room was everything we wanted and included tea and coffee, water in fridge, hair dryers in bathrooms and good quality hair and body wash in the showers.
Restaurant staff were better organised than last year and food quality and choice were also improved, there are still wasps but there is a new eating area that is enclosed and has air conditioning. If eating outside ask for the burning Turkish coffee which keeps the wasps away.
Bar service was also improved and the ready made cocktails at dinner was a great idea, we even observed people being allowed to sample many local spirits to find the Turkish baileys, jaigermeister or schnapps.
Pool area was where we spent most days, club dance at 10:15, killer darts at 10:30 with Justin, water gym at 11:00 with Octay, water polo at 11:30 ritchie and finally a pool game at 12:00. Afterwards the YOLO team would have a break before starting with club dance at 14:15, French boules at 15:00 and finally killer pool at 16:00 with Amy. Each of the entertainment staff were great in there own way but Justin was the most popular.
Evening entertainment was the only let down Kids disco at 20:30 to 21:00 was great for families with young kids but the hour before bingo at 22:00 seemed hard to fill even though the entertainment team tried really hard.
Overall this is a great hotel for what you pay and if the management continue to highlight the areas for improvement and take action, it won't be long before it will be the number one hotel in Icmeler.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a relaxing holiday away from the noise of the town or easily reached if desired the Julian Forest Suites is a must. Situated 2,8 km away from the beach at the foot of the surrounding forest, Julian Forest Suites offer fantastic service set in beautiful scenery, ideal for families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Julian Forest Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Julian Forest Hotel Icmeler
- Julian Forest Apartments Icmeler
- Julian Forest Apartments Hotel Icmeler