We were recommended this hotel by a work colleague, it was our first ever time in Turkey and we were not disappointed at all.
My Initial worry was the location as it does sit almost alone at the very back of the Icmeler, this was not a problem in the slightest, we had the best of both worlds as we had the peace and quiet and the option to go into town, we never had to wait for a dolmus bus which stopped outside the hotel and at 1.50tl cost very little to go into town.
All the staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make your time there was enjoyable. The rooms were spacious and cleaned daily, no complaints at all.
The restaurant had a great menu, with enough choice for both lunch and dinner. We decided after reading other reviews on Tripadvisor before we arrived, to go for the 'Flexi-dine' option which turned out (as advised) great value for money, please go and see 'Hakan' in the restaurant and he will sort all this out for you - you cant miss him, he has a constant smile on his face and always had time for a chat, even if he wasnt the waiter serving us! Gizem also really looked after us during our stay, she always made time to come and say hello and ask about our day/night.
We were very impressed with the entertainment team led by Cheif and Shrek who maintained their enthusiasm all day and night. They never stopped and we loved joining in the games - these games are only as good as the amount of people joining in, we made the effort they did to make our holiday fun - many didnt. On arrival we were slightly disappointed at not having a pool view but the entertainment team starts at 10am (with I have to say a great song) but as this is very loud we were glad we were side facing the hotel next door!
Make sure you have a turkish bath on arrival, ... this was so relaxing and gets your skin ready for the great tan we all got!
My 12yr old made loads of friends and i found the hotel very safe to let her have the freedom to roam around it, she loved the slides too.
There any many trips to go on, you will constantly get stopped in the town of Icmeler with people selling these, we did the boat trip during the day which was excellent stopping to jump off the boat, lunch and then we stopped in a small village called Turunc for a spot of window shopping and a beer.
We really did have the best time, and even after 2 long glorious weeks we didnt want to go home, but if I had to give negative feedback it has to be the usual ... reserving of sunbeds! If you didnt join in the early rise approx 7am you ran the chance of not getting a bed at all during our first week (arrived 27th Aug), or the beds with less sun the 2nd week. The hotel notices did claim towels would be removed but this never happened during our stay.
The wasps were a bit of pest and people got stung daily but I cant see how the hotel can be held responsible for the nature, and i cant say this spoilt our holiday just gave us all nervous twitch on anything that flies from now on!
We loved Julian Forest so much we are considering going back next year, we did hear a rumour the hotel may be half board next year - this would be the only reason to stop us going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Looking for a relaxing holiday away from the noise of the town or easily reached if desired the Julian Forest Suites is a must. Situated 2,8 km away from the beach at the foot of the surrounding forest, Julian Forest Suites offer fantastic service set in beautiful scenery, ideal for families and couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Julian Forest Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Julian Forest Hotel Icmeler
- Julian Forest Apartments Icmeler
- Julian Forest Apartments Hotel Icmeler