“superb staff and hotel”

Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in Icmeler
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“superb staff and hotel”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and i were a little bit apprehensive coming to the sea star but were very pleased when we arrived. We paid a small supplement to change our room to a full sea view nothing wrong with the room we had they are all beautiful, but had my heart set on a full sea view, as i watched the hotel being built last year. I cannot fault the staff or management as they were all very friendly and helpful. Well done to them all. I would agree with another review that we could do with a little entertainment at night and also some poolside music. I also think the pool bar would be better open a bit later, if you are in the lounge upstairs late at night you have to try and keep a little bit quiet. A must to go for a pamper treatment downstairs staff lovely. I enjoyed the aqua aerobics in the pool but only seen it on one day, because i ly down on the beach it might be an idea for the girl that does the aerobics or any of the other excercise classes to come down to the beach and tell peolple the classes were starting, as i never had a watch with me. I am already boooked up for sept this year and i cant wait to go back. Thank you to all the staff and management for a great stay in may,

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank janie1958

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

me and my partner visited for my 30th Birthday 22nd May for 7 days. I wish we stayed longer. Being brand new a couple of minor problems but these were sorted straight away, fabulous service.
The rooms were cleaned to a very high standard and are fantastic in decoration and facilities, the only downside was not enough storage for clothes.
Restaurant and bars were great, food was perfect with plenty of choice and branded drinks for free.
Pool and beach areas are great too, quiet and clean.
The management should really be commended, the front of house manager is amazing and the housekeeping manager always walking round having things cleaned.
The staff in general are all polite and attentive.

A must visit for couples who want a relaxed break away from the hustle and bustle and want superior service and surroundings to any other hotel I have visited in Turkey.

Well done SeaStar team.
From Richard & Ben

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Richgods
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the Seastar on 2nd of June for 10 nights, needing a relaxing & chilled holiday. We were amazed as we pulled up on the coach at how beautiful The Hotel is, it just got better, the rooms, reception restaurant & spar were immaculate, modern & stylish.
The food was excellent with plenty of choice for every meal,( one change I would like to see would be ice cream for desert as an option & deserts kept
cooler) but that is quite a minor criticism and a bit petty. The staff in restaurant were very smart,helpful & could not do enough to help, in particular Armagan & Emre, as were all the staff throughout the hotel, from the porter who shown us to the room, Melisa in reception & Mehmet who looks after the sun beds both on beach & by the pool as well as providing you with your beach/ pool towels.
We are already looking to book again for next year as I think a lot if the guest that were there with us are also, some looking to return later this year.
We treated ourselves one of the spar treatments which was also an amazing experience, I genuinely can,t speak highly enough. At out last lunch before leaving, the manager was dining at the next table,he spoke with us and asked how we had enjoyed our stay and what our views were about everything & would we be returning, which of course we said we were very impressed & certainly would be & would also be recommending the hotel to friends.
Oh and yes it was the best relaxing holiday, we were so much in need of .
Mike Turner, Manchester
Stay - 2nd June to 12th June 14

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Mikey-1-T
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My friend Anne and I spent 10 nights at this wonderful place. I've traveled quite a lot, but can honestly say I've never met such amazing staff, nothing was too much trouble for any of them. Rooms were first class.Food plentiful and always fresh. Drinks yum,yum !and we tried a lot. fantastic spa. We paid a little extra for a front sea view room OMG the view was amazing, missing it already. Hoping to return very soon well done Sea Star.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank annette v
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A well positioned lovely hotel with friendly efficient staff. Food is varied and plentiful. We loved the spa and different treatments to suit everyone with exceptional staff. Must say a big thank you to Melis for her welcome and attention to detail to give us a great holiday.

Room Tip: We were happy with our side sea view rooms.Great to lie in bed and see the bay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ann a
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Arrived on the 2nd June, first view of room we were very pleased best rooms we have ever had in Turkey loved it our room was a side view but still great. Staff all very friendly particulary Emhet at the bar who made my cocktails the best I've had, Pina Colada and Cosmopolitans Mmmm. Also in the Dining Room one of the waiters cant remember his name but husband always said to him Alright Pal and he always said it back (great guy) but to be honest they all were.
The only thing I would say is it needs more entertainment like maybe Turkish Nights, Aqua Areobics and some music at the pool side because I think it just makes the holiday.
We met some really nice friends from Wales and Hull and to be honest were pretty noisey after a few drinks, will also say maybe a good idea to keep the Cocktail Bar open rather than make the Lobby Bar the 24/7 bar because we were told to be quiet as it was on the first floor.
Also you got brand name spirits which was brilliant but to keep it as a good drink they need to get good mixers like maybe Schweppes for Gin & Tonic.
Other than that will recommend your hotel, keep up the good work Sea Star.

Room Tip: I think you would have a good room which ever one you get.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank campbellsmith14
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had a wonderful 14 day holiday so relaxing in this adult only , all inclusive hotel . The rooms were well furnished with a wonderful walk in shower although some more drawer space would be welcome .The food was good with plenty of variety including soups and salads also chicken , fish and meats but not roast joints or sirloin steaks .The bars were great where many drinks were named brands (smirnoff , Gordons , Johnny Walker etc)and the staff were so helpful and were more than willing to make any cocktail you wanted .A magnificent spa for massage and Turkish baths is well worth a visit .The hotel situated on the sea front has a small intimate pool area and its on private beach, best holiday I've had in years and will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Full Seaview rooms have extra large balconies but there are only 10
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jim F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Icmeler
Hotel Aqua
Julian Forest Suites
#4 of 78 in Icmeler
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,579 reviews
SENTIDO Orka Lotus Beach

Been to SENTIDO Sea Star? Share your experiences!