“Excellent 4* with the potential for 5*”
Review of SENTIDO Sea Star

and 1 more site!
SENTIDO Sea Star
Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed for one week end of July as a last minute booking and have to admit was a little worried about staying in Turkey as it was my first time there. However when we entered the hotel around midnight we were instantly greeted by friendly staff and one whom took our bags to our rooms for us and explained how our air con, safe and balcony doors worked.

All throughout the week ALL of the staff were friendly, polite and smiled day and night. The staff make you feel welcome and at ease at all times. They have a lovely guy on site who seems to be there all day every day for any questions or just a quick chat!

The rooms are excellent, vey clean and modern with everything you could need. Cleaned daily and mini bar stocked daily. It seems all rooms have an excellent view due to the position of the hotel. We had a view of the mountains and the sea which was lovely.

Food is good although I'm quite choosy so I can't say too much and I didn't try everything but there was a lot of choice and the food was different every day!

My opinions for improvements on the hotel are minimal and are just suggestions on little things that may help in the future.1. Entertainment is not the best. Needs to be more varied and more going on, but as the hotel gets busier I'm sure it will. 2. Some of the cold food is not labeled and due to me only eating certain foods I did not try any of it. 3. There is a chef outside cooking for you but you would only know he was there if you sat outside! Could do with a board saying what the special is or the staff letting you know when you sit down.

Other than that I'm very satisfied and would definitely go back if the prices don't shoot up due it being so good! Keep up the good work and I'm sure a 5* rating will be on the cards for the Sea Star!

Room Tip: High floor was excellent. Corner rooms seem to have the biggest balconies.
4  Thank Mary C

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I've just returned from a week here with my partner, sun burn is still intact and I'm a little bit gutted to be in 13 degree heat rather than 43 degree heat!!

That said, On with the review, I'll skim through my holiday highlighting everything good about the hotel with the [very few] bad points at the end.

We arrived quite late on a Tuesday Night and the hotel was very quiet, though there was 2 lovely reception staff awaiting our arrival and a bell boy who loaded up our bags instantly and took them to our rooms (there were 4 couples checking in and he did the lot in one, getting all luggage to correct room... baffles me how he did that ;-) )

Got up to the room and was a perfect temperature, we had a lovely sleep.

Now at this stage, I got ill (Overworked throughout the year and the plane flight caused me to have an outbreak of throat and ear infection - so holiday was dampened by this, but my hotel experience was enhanced)

On the next day we were introduced to Matt, who is the Spa information guy, and he generally wanders around the hotel saying hello to new faces. He was one of the friendliest chaps I've ever met, always wanting to say hello, always happy to sit with you and have a chat, telling you a bit more about Turkey, Icmeler and so on. He's also incredibly good at his job, as he introduced us to the Spa and Turkish bath packages, explained them in a way that it seemed too good to miss. So we both purchased the deluxe package (£75) - - - WORTH EVERY PENNY. Best Spa relaxation I've EVER had. So utterly professional. Perfect staff. Masseus was lovely and attentive, and very busy! The spa was exceptionally busy from the start of the holiday to the end, but when it was our turn, it felt totally isolated, Like it was just me and my other half there - She also loved it too :-)

Because my illness then took a turn for the worse we asked the reception about pharmacies, but the manager of the hotel spoke to me (with great English) and suggested I went to the clinic instead, which happened to be the best idea ever (Thank you). I was better within 2 days thanks to the lovely Turkish doctor.

Special mention to Mehmet - the pool/lifeguard/sea steward who was walking about for 12 hours every day always with a smile on his face, working extremely hard to keep you happy.

The restaurant/bar staff were exceptional with drinks and restaurant matters, always keeping friendly, and suggesting cocktails and drinks for you.

Now - - The bad points. (with mainly easy fixed)

Cold food should probably be labeled (Hot food is) - I'm quite an adventurous eater but wasn't too sure of my appetite, so went for a bit of everything and there was bits that my stomach just wasn't ready for - had it have been labeled I probably wouldn't have had a go and it wouldn't have been wasted.

There was a Chef outside for the main meal but if you didn't go outside there was no way to know he was there - It may be worth while the staff just letting you know he's there and what he's cooking when they come to fill up your water to begin your meal.

Evening entertainment needs to be a little more varied and more frequent - We were there for a week with 3 nights of entertainment... But it was just the same man with a guitar. He wasn't the best, but he was fun - Perhaps as the hotel get's busier and even more popular it may be worth while cleaning away the sun beds and putting a dedicated entertainment area (with lights) so we can see who's there. The Entertainment was the only thing I'd actually consider knocking a point off the whole score for.

[Not Fixable] - Balconies are very close to each other, so they aren't the most private of balconies, due to the design of the building the side walls are diagonal so you can see your next door neighbours quite clearly (Wasn't a problem for me at all - but just be aware)

Overall, perfect holiday. But for Brits reading this, don't go to this hotel with the highest of expectations - because it's an absolutely lovely surprise if you don't!

We'll definitely be visiting again!

Room Tip: High floor - ask for Corner balcony if possible to ensure best views - but all rooms have a more tha...
5  Thank Elwahjazz
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Sea Star for nine nights in July and had a wonderful holiday. Everything is immaculate and the staff are very friendly and helpful. We had room 504, a side sea view room, but the view was still amazing from our balcony.
The food was good, and we enjoyed the wonderful salads, although it was sometimes a challenge to decide what everything was! The hot food is labelled but the cold food is not. Together with some other guests we felt a barbecue once a week would be a good idea for the management to consider. We met some lovely people and our evenings were spent chatting and laughing on sofas overlooking the sea, drinking our all inclusive cocktails, bliss!
My daughter had a Turkish massage and said it was the best and most professional she had ever had. There was never a problem getting a sun lounger on either the beach or around the pool and we were often the only people in the pool. All in all we felt completely pampered, it was so relaxing and we will hopefully visit again soon. Thank you to all the staff (and fellow guests) for making this the perfect holiday.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Ann503920
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Booked the Sea Star hotel last minute and could not have made a better choice. We booked and emailed Melis to ask for a room with full sea view and wanted one of the big balconies on the corner. When we arrived was greeted with a warm welcome and Melis advised us that we had been given a lovely room on the third floor with the big corner balcony as requested, which we were delighted with. The hotel only opened in May so everything is new and of a very high standard. The Rooms were lovely with big bed, TV, fridge with drinks topped up daily. Coffee making facilities and safe. The bathroom had lovely big walk in shower with normal and waterfall shower head which was so relaxing. Toiletries and slippers provided and again topped up daily. Maid service was excellent and everything was spotlessly clean and again daily service. The all inclusive did include everything including the in room safe. The private beach and pool area were lovely with very comfortable rattan sunbeds and cushion pads and there were plenty to go round. The towels provided are good quality and you can change daily. We enjoyed the food as there was a good selection with lots of salad, fresh fruit and a good array of hot dishes, and the deserts were great. The staff were wonderful and would like to say thank you to you all. Too many to name all, but special thanks to Mehmet who worked tirelessly as our beach attendant and was so lovely we enjoyed our chats. In the restaurant and bar Aykut, Ferdi, Armegan and Emre and not to forget Matt (hotel information for Spa) were a delight and made us laugh on many occasions which helped to make a wonderful holiday. We cannot fault the hotel and this has been one of our best holidays ever. The icing on the cake was the lovely friends we made during our stay. We will definitely return to the Sea Star Hotel. Thank you to everyone from Sue and Leo xx

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Subu21
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Well where do we start....... Chose this hotel due to building work being done on our original hotel which was a five star we got at bargain price. We was apprehensive booking Sea Star as it classed as a four star hotel but was in the same price range. How unbelievably happy we was that we did change the hotel and staff are in our opinion are five star. If it could go up to ten star then this hotel would be it. The hotel was immaculate and our room beautiful the side view from the balcony was 100% better than what we expected. The food was lovely but slightly limited a bit of ice-cream could of rectified this ha ha.The pool area and private beach was very clean thanks to a very friendly and helpful mehmet who works really hard looking after the area. All of the staff were very friendly and more than helpful. One small problem........ and we are being picky here ...... was a pesky wasp..... just the one wasp...... and it was dealt with by a very brave Emere and Melis ha ha. We would recommend the spa we went on our first day and what a perfect way to start out holiday.
We would like to say a big thank-you to all the staff and even the other guests for making our first holiday together one we will never forget :)
Tim & Kelli

6  Thank Tim M
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a lovely, relaxing stay at this hotel. The fact that it was adult exclusive was a bonus, there was no fighting for the sunbeds, the staff were friendly and attentive and the rooms were lovely - big shower, good quality cleaning, nearly all rooms with a good view, bed a little hard for my taste but my husband slept well! We didn't mind that there was no evening entertainment because 2 minutes along the promenade there were lots of bars to go to with entertainment and it gave us the choice of having a peaceful night in or a night out.

We went all inclusive which was good, however the food was the only thing that slightly let this hotel down. Don't get me wrong - it wasn't bad! In fact the mezze dishes, the salads, the desserts were always fantastic! It was the hot food that let them down. Not very imaginative and pretty samey each night. There was a chef outside by the pool with a hotplate. It took us a while to figure out what he was doing as there were no signs and noone told us. It turned out he was a pasta chef. This was a bit of a waste of his efforts we thought,as the pasta didn't look that special and perhaps a better use of his time would be to grill outside - fresh fish or meat perhaps. In fact, if they did that dinner would be a much better experience.

Other than the Hot food, we loved our stay at Sea Star and would definitely go back. I would highly recommend the Turkish Bath experience in their spa too!

They are a new hotel and looking for feedback on how to develop, for me it would be the Hot Food and possibly drinks menus to be more readily available.

Room Tip: I think most rooms have at least a side view of the sea, which is still a really good view. It is a...
3  Thank Kerry S
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Having arrived quite late at this lovely hotel we were greeted very warmly by the reception staff who were waiting for us. They provided sandwiches, mezes and drinks in the lobby bar which were very welcome after a long day. This new hotel was absolutely spotless. The room we had was of a high standard we stayed on the top floor room 511 with a small balcony and sea view which was lovely. There were rooms on the front with bigger balconies and views so get one of those if you can although they would probably come at an extra cost. The king size bed was very firm but we found it very comfortable and the bathroom was immaculate with a huge shower to die for. There were no baths in any of the rooms and as I have a bad back I love to have a soak after a hard day in the sun. Although there was air conditioning we didn't feel as though it was as efficient as it could have been in our room and in some of the public areas which were very hot. We would have to agree with others that the food was a bit disappointing but plentiful and you could always find something but there is definitely room for improvement. One thing that we did miss was ICE CREAM! where was it? None to be found anywhere and much needed when sitting in the sun. As far as alcoholic drinks were concerned we found them to be of a high quality, Baileys, well known brands of spirits and soft drinks, all readily available and served throughout the day without any fuss whether at the pool or on the private beach. Again like others we hadn't realised that you could have cocktails at no extra cost and also that you could have different types of eggs for breakfast fried, omelettes, pancakes etc. Here we felt that there was a lack of information which could be easily remedied. Although we didn't use the spa everyone we spoke to said it was brilliant and the best they had ever had. We found the location of the hotel very good for us. It was in a quiet area of Icemeler with an easy stroll into the centre with livelier bars and hotels. In the other direction Marmaris was a lovely picturesque walk away. Finally the staff. Nothing too much trouble for anyone. Reception extremely welcoming and helpful. Housekeeping exceptional. Waiting and bar staff efficient and friendly, we would agree that some of the youngsters have still got a bit to learn but are trying hard. As like many others we have to mention Mehmet who is so helpful and friendly around the pool and at the beach.

Room Tip: Top floor is always good with sea view always worth a bit extra.
4  Thank carolpowell321