“probably THE worst hotel in Turkey”

Hotel Club Daystar Apart
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“probably THE worst hotel in Turkey”
Reviewed 26 September 2013

i too booked thinking i was buying a 3 star hotel... it says it is on the Thomas Cook , FLexitrips and co-operative travel websites... STILL!!!!!
it was the worst experience my family and myself have ever had after numerous trips to Turkey. the rooms were filthy. i had to beg to use the scruffiest mop and brush ever. i kept it in my room for a week before the manager asked for it back and said they had been looking for it .. it was the only one in the hotel!!!!!
we were given 1 clean and 2 dirty towels for 6 of us to last the whole 2 weeks and despite repeatedly nagging for more got told there wasnt any... hence we had to buy them!!!.
there is no food available.. it is shipped in from elsewhere at cost. the Tv in the bar is for show only, the staff dont speak english and cant answer when bills appear on your tabs that you havent had... our rooms were falling to pieces, the sink came away from the wallls in the bathroom and we had no light bulbs in the lounge or balcony for 10 days despite repeatedly requesting (we even drew pics and brought the guy upstairs)
on returning we too complained to both co-op travel and thomas cook flexitrips.... to be told ... its fine LOL dont book with these companies!!!! they are still advertising this place as 3 star!!!!!

Room Tip: dont book... or stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lisa p

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Booked for 2 weeks based on the hols 4 u/ flexitrips brochure advertising a 3 star hotel..... this was sooo far from the truth... it shouldve read... no cleaners, no towels, no clean bedding, staff theiving from safe boxes, complaints unrecognised, room fittings falling off walls, no crockery... and... when you complain to the travel company.. (holidays4u or flexitrips) no compensation just rude dialogue!!!! Absolutely appalling from stop to finish.... avoid at all costs!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank unlucky136666666

Travellers are raving about these Icmeler hotels

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Booked in Jan 2013, rated 3 star, with restaurant, when we arrived rep saw us and said it has got no stars, no food at all and still being advertised as 3 star even now, AVOID AT ALL COSTS it is being advertised under false pretensenes, worst place I have ever stayed in, staff did not understand you when we made complaints, but understood when money was concerned, had to beg for clean bedding and towels after 5 day`s, one cleaner to do 35 rooms is not adequate,it is really a crap hotel

Room Tip: avoid at all costs
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Bridget148
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Being half turkish anyway I've never experienced such a crap hole in all my life! The staff were nice but they
need a cleaner who cares and staff that care. The bathroom was filthy and they never cleaned the living space,just a quick flick round with the dirty brush.We had to ask 3 times for towels and sheets after 4 days we had clean but shabby towels and they only gave
us 2 large &1 small towel there
were
4 of us. While we were there we had eye infection from the pool but the pool looked quite cleanish! When we arrived some of the familys said to us DON' T EAT HERE nobody eats here we all go to LOVE STAR round the corner from the hotel. 2nd week I was lying by the pool and one of the staffs kids came down the steps and he had a firework in each hand and shouted to
everyone look at me he started to wave them around and I shot off my sunbed but some of the sparks burnt my shoulder. I complained to the staff they just said he was an excied child. BUT this did not put us off icmeler the best place in Turkey that we have stayed. Its a good job my husband is Turkish or we would not of got anything, My husband had to help get a couple get moved from the attic rooms because he had alot of health problems,and the staff even put his insulin in the freezer because they did not have a fridge in their room. My HE-MAN husband even carried a fridge up to the attic room for them .If you want a home from home stay ( clean and do your own washing stay here) Change your booking ASAP !!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Melisa E
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We wasn't expecting much when we arrived, as we had read some pretty horrific stories about this place. It's not quite the horror story some people have written, but it is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, and I've been travelling to Turkey since 1998.
We booked this hotel with another couple, 2 x twin rooms. When we arrived, they tried to put us all in one twin room. We had our paperwork with us, and showed them that it should be two rooms, and that they had better sort it out. And you know what? Another room suddenly became available! However, the lock didn't work on the door, and the rep had to come and sort it out. The hotel seems to be run by teenagers, and none of them speak any English. They do not cook on the premises,when you order food, they ring another hotel to bring food. When my friend tried to order coffee at the bar, the kettle had gone missing!? There is no entertainment at this hotel. We had also heard stoies about money going missing from safety deposit boxes(they keep the master key in the till, which is never manned, reception is never manned either for that matter) but we took a lockable metal money box with us, and put that in the safety deposit box. The cleaners make out they don't have keys to the rooms, so if you don't leave your key at reception, the room does not get cleaned! Really? All cleaners have their own sets of keys in my previous experience. So, our room got cleaned only once. The fridge had a bottle of water frozen in the freezer compartment from god knows when, so the apts are not cleaned thoroughly, between guests arriving and leaving. You will get flooded from the room above, as all of us did, as the showers spray all over the floor, and drains are rubbish. It just leaks into the shower below, so I wasn't bothered by this. We only used the hotel as a base, for somewhere to sleep, so hardly here. Pool is nice, but we prefer the beach, and its only around 15 mins walk away. There are plenty of restaurants around Icmeler, all were nice and food great, but service was pretty bad, and slow in The Romance bar, and the food came luke warm, so I'd give that a wide berth. Icmeler is beautiful, so many shops, and bars, and a short dolmus ride away is Marmaris, which is much bigger and more busier, but worth a visit. We went to a water park there, there is two, but we went to one up a hill. A good day out. I've been Icmeler twice, and would go back again next year, but not to Daystar, or as our friends called it Deathstar. Greenworld is a better hotel, as I stayed there a couple of years ago, and popped there on this holiday for my Turkish bath. There are a few Turish baths dotted around the resort, and cost around £10. Don't bother doing the Turksh bath as an excursion, as it will be a waste of money. I always take Turkish Lira as currency, not the Euro, as prices are in Lira, and you will get ripped off if you are not familliar with the euro exchange rate to the Turish Lira. They also love £ Sterling, as I think they get a better rate when they change it back to Lira. I had a great holiday, but if your holiday is spent mostly in your hotel, I'd give this on a miss.

Room Tip: Attic rooms get very hot in the really hot months, and also there are no lifts, so elderly or people...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank chippychatsworth
Reviewed 19 September 2013

On holiday in icmeler turkey atm. Booked to stay at daystar apartment when arrives staff were nice took us to our room. Was in attic room which was filthy and ceiling in bathroom was coming down. Told the staff but they didn't do anything so after 2days we got moved to another room was okay but still dirty. Bed sheets with big holes in and dirty marks on. Mouldy showe curtain and blocked drains. Floors and work tops dirty and balcony in a right state. After 7days complained to rep and got loved to another hotel which is a lot better. Would not recommend this place to anyone it's like faulty towers.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Shanilouise90
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Just returned from a 2 week stay at Club Daystar Icmeler.What can i say it was terrible.Toilet was broken for first 5 days asked ever day for it to be fixed and eventually after 5 days we had a toilet which flushed. Our linen was changed once in the two weeks and that was day before we left and towels changed twice. Apartment was never properly cleaned during our stay.
Its such a shame as the rooms are a good size the pool area is lovely and location of apartmemts is very good. Stayed here twice but will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: a good location easy walk into icmeler centre.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family