“Amazing Holiday!”
Review of Club Sun Village

Club Sun Village
Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Me and my family had a fantastic time at Club Sun Village, this was my first time at Icemeler and loved it. The staff are really nice people and friendly, Ill like to say a BIG thank you to Robbie, Smilie, Musti, Sam and Ibo. I don’t understand all the bad reviews, this was the best holiday and I cant wait to go back next year. Turkish night is a must have, the food is wonderful and the entertainment was great specially the break dancers. The Sunday dinner was well worth it. Bingo and play your cards right was fun. The apartments are comfortable and clean, the maids cleaned them every day and were very polite. Its in a great location, beautiful views(of staff). Nothing was to much bother for all the guys at sun village. Waited on us hand and foot. Robbie and Smilie work so hard every hour and never see them moan once. A big thank you to Musti for cleaning the pool every day and the kitchen staff, the food was great. If your thinking of going to Ichmeler Club Sun Village is a must. I would recommend here and don’t listen to all the bad reviews. The morning we left was upsetting as we got such a warm good bye as we did when we arrived.

Stayed August 2011, Travelled With Family.

Room Tip: All Rooms are great, all got pool views.
4  Thank Daena K

Reviewed 30 September 2011

We travelled to Turkey for the first time with our 7 year old son.
I must say I was a little nervous after reading some of the negative reviews on this web site. In fact I got a bit of an education about review sites while I was there!
First of all, all the staff at club sun village were lovely. Samir and Engin were especially hospitable. The comments about being rude to guests if they didn't eat and drink there all the time were nonsense. In fact they gave us advice on places to go and called us taxis!
And the way some of the guests talked to the staff was quite embarassing to watch.
Oh and a good restaurant we found was down by the canal called Venice where we had the best steak this side of Cancun.
One of the other restaurants we went to which was very good and authentic opened my eyes about reviews as I said. The manager there explained that reviews can be written by the places themselves or there friends. I guess I was a bit naive about that!
Our advice keep an open mind and just be pleasant to people and you'll be fine.
Ps the guys are great with kids- in fact everyone we met was great with our son.
Enjoy.

1  Thank Prashen
Reviewed 29 September 2011

First off I would like to say that this was our first trip to Turkey and we were worried because of some of the review we ahd read on this. I would like to say I disagree with every negative thing said about this hotel. The staff were pleasent at all times and we did not eat every night in the hotel, in fact I think we ate one evening in this hotel but that did not change the staffs attitudes towards us at all. On the third day my brother came down with very bad prickilyheat and my mother had very bad water retention in her ankles and could barley walk. The owner took it upon himself to take them both to the chemist to get them medicine. He did not have to do this at all. They were alway up for a laugh and made our holiday a pleasure. The rooms are basic but they are the cleaniest rooms I have ever had abroad. I give every member of staff 5 stars and cant wait to see them again next year.

Reviewed 29 September 2011

would just like to say a big thankyou to robbie, smilie ,musty had a great holiday it was our first time in icemeler and loved it my 2 teenage daughters had a great time and cant wait to go back dont know why all tha bad reveiws we never had any musty cleaned the pool everday rooms clean great location and a big thankyou to all the kitchen staff food exellent and as for being overcharged we always paid at the end off the nite and never overcharged i would say the opposite hope to see you all next year

3  Thank michelle k
Reviewed 26 September 2011

came back from club sun village on 22nd sep 2011 and i'm glad to be away from the place, at first when you are there the staff are very friendly and nice but if your not eating every meal and buying every drink there then they soon change there tune towards you. sam and robbie especially were ignorant and rude towards you (at some points talking in turkish looking at us and laughing,was told later by someone at hotel who could speak turkish they insulted us). if you buy food and drink whilst your sitting around the pool all day, pay cash straight away because we were making the mistake of settling the bill at the end of each day until we found out sam was adding 2-3 items onto our bill that we had not bought and when we challenged him about it he blamed smiler and said his english wasnt that good (we spoke to smiler on numerous occasions and his english was fine), apparently sam was doing this with a couple of other guests as well so watch your bills. 4 out of the 7 of our party came down with ear and throat infections as did numerous other guests and it turns out at 4-5 am the pool area is swilled down and it goes into the pool where they hope the filters do the rest. the rooms are basic with very limited utensils to do any cooking with but the rooms are clean and tidy and cleaners do a good job but overall the main thing that lets this place down is the staff especially robbie and sam who are rude and ignorant. if your prepared to spend every penny eating and drinking at this hotel they will love you but if your not be prepared to be ignored and insulted........

Room Tip: all rooms face pool
3  Thank dean o
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I booked this on the basis of the good reviews i had read and i totally agree. The rooms are basic but clean and all look onto the pool. The staff can't do enough for you, they are really friendly and welcoming. You are only a short walk away from Icmeler centre which is ideal. I would recommend going down to the town by walking at the canal, it is a lovely walk.
We plan on going back to Icmeler next year and will definetely go back to Club sun village.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed 8 September 2011

love it here and love the staff will do anything for you,robbie sam and smilie are great staff and make the holiday .food excellent and rooms are kept very clean.they all work very hard and of course want you to spend time with them as thats how they make a living,would return time and time again they are all great friends now not just staff .keep up the good work csv :)

Room Tip: simple but all you need as food on site is brill