“knocking shop”
Review of Club Sun Village

Club Sun Village
Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 21 September 2010

ibo and his family are lovely , the cleaners are fantastic towels n bedding changed every other day the rooms are spotless !! if you dont spend money over the bar or eat there all time the bar staff dont like it as they get commisison on whats sold , our first week was fab but our 2nd i just couldnt wait to get home as certain members were so rude and ignorant towards a lot of people ... and if (jiggy jiggy) was turned down then yr so not welcome lol , the appartments themselves and the area we could not fault and would return again if certain staff had gone ,but if you looking for a holiday were u want to stay in , flirt maybe bit more with the staff then deffo place to be lol and another tip dont run a bill up pay as u eat or drink as our bills seemed to a lot somenights but if you question it ooooo be warned the silence treatment begins !! romance bar and wembley are great , turkish bath is a must too .... loved the boat trip

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Club Sun Village

Reviewed 1 September 2010

This was my first time staying at Club Sun Village. I stayed the last week in July/first week in August for the 'once every few years obligatory family holiday' with my mum, dad, brother, sister-in-law and 2 nephews (5yrs & 18mths). I wouldn't normally consider going back to the same place twice as there are so many other adventures to be had around the world but I would definately make an exception for CSV.

We had 2 apartments between us which were basic but everything worked and as they were only used to shower, change and sleep they were perfectly adequate. They were cleaned daily and the towels/linen were changed every couple of days. The on-site restaurant served delicious food at reasonable prices. The pool - although not massive - was a decent size and a welcome relief from the heat. Inflatables left behind by previous guests are kept to one side so that anyone can use them, which is a good idea. The only downside is having to put your towels down at 0800hrs to get the place you want.

The apartments are in a quiet location yet only a 5/10 mins walk to the centre where there are loads of restaurants - just be prepared to get hassled by every single restaurant worker as you walk by. Icmeler Beach is only 15/20 mins walk away - depending on how fast you can walk in the heat!

There are loads of trips to do, I went to Ephesus, Dalyan Mud Baths and Rhodes. The only disappointing thing was the trip to Pamukkale was cancelled. The apartments run a boat trip and a weekly Turkish night, which was fun (mainly because I got to laugh at my dad trying to belly dance). They even do a full Sunday roast with, quite possibly, the best roast beef I have ever tasted.

The staff at the hotel is fantastic - they make the holiday. Sam, Robbie, Ibo and Smiley can't do enough for you and are magnificent at keeping the children entertained. I cannot agree with previous reviewers who have said the staff become ignorant if you don't eat there - we ate out 9 nights out of the 14 and never once encountered a problem. When we got back they would rearrange the tables so we could sit together as a family and have a drink. Their attitude never changed. The 18mth old got taken into hospital and Sam went above and beyond for us. The rest of the staff showed genuine concern, were extremely helpful and it was reassuring.

All in all, the whole family had a wonderful holiday. It's a gem of an apartment, in a good location with the friendliest, most accommodating staff you could wish for. We met some really nice people there and I would have no hesitation in recommending these apartments to anyone.

Reviewed 20 August 2010

I have never loved a place more than CSV. I have been twice in 2 years now, I was invtited by my friend to go with her and her family. I'm glad they did. I have met some amazing people there and all the staff, Robbie, Sam, Ibo, Smiley, Mehmet, Ibo, and Kolin. I have never felt so welcome. It really is like a second home. I hope to go again next year! The food is brilliant, pancakes, steak, burgers, spagetti anything. And the fish bowls are amazing! LOVELY. The rooms a simple but spacious, cleaned daily, sometimes the maids set the beds with flowers, so cute. Every wedensday is a turkish night and the entertainment is brilliant. The pool is always clean and is well needed for the heat. There is shops, resturants, bars and clubs not far away either. I love CSV and everyone there. I would definatly recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2010

just back from club sun village had a great time i was there with my husband and teenage son, the staff were all great couldn't do enough for you, Robbie, Sam, Ebo and smiley, not forgetting the security man. The rooms are very spacious and the beds comfy and clean, Met some great people and made some new friends cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Stayed here with my wife and two kids,16 & 8 for a week in july & had a great time.Friendly guys who couldn't do enough to make you feel part of the family, our kids loved them. The pool was always clean and warm with plenty of room. Great allround cooks dishing up all kind of food. The turkish night food was especially good. Not a big walk to the bars and restaraunts which were great. The rooms were basic but always cleaned daily and towels changed. This was our first time in turkey, and once we got used to the shopkeepers trying to sell you everything by being quite pushy, we really did fall in love with the place. Certainly very very friendly people who made our holiday quite special. Like other reviews, we didn't eat in the accomodation, but when we did the food was really tasty and served very professionally especially when we had the sea bass cooked in salt !! Cheers sam!. If i was being very critical maybe the chickens down the road could be a little annoying in the morning? I certainly reccommend club sun village as a great place to stay in a fantastically friendly town.

Reviewed 23 July 2010

myself and my husband and three kids 14,10 and 8 . All had a wonderful time at the club sun village.All the staff there work really hard and make sure you have a great holiday. The appartments are lovely and spacious and cleaned to a high standard daily, all the balconies have plenty of room for a familay of five to sit out and have breakfast surrounded by beautiful mountains.The food at the club sun village is to a very high standard to this end I would like to respond to reviwer Hayley triple x , I have no idea what the term "complete budjet holiday maker" means but know that it does not apply to the lovely well run friendly place I and my familay stayed at.

Reviewed 20 July 2010

Second year at Club Sun Village - what can I say! Loved it last year and loved it even more this year and hopefully be back again next year! The staff can't do enough for you, they make you feel part of a family and the apartments are always kept clean and tidy. We did not always eat at the apartments but when we did the food was excellent. Met some great friends and had some really good times. The boat trips were great - hi to all the scottish boat crew - what a laugh we all had the first week - so we did it all again the second week! A holiday is what you make of it and can't understand anyone who would give a bad review of these apartments.