“Nightmare first night”

Fortuna Beach Hotel
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Icmeler
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We arrived at 1.30 in the early hours of the morning 6 fo us in total 2 had rooms that night that left 4 of us with no room they did offer a suite that was already set up to share for 3 nights there was no way we were going to share if I wanted to share we would have paid less, after phoning 247 hotline back in the uk they had a word with him on reception it then changed to 2 suites at first he said there was only one, so we had a suite each for the night next day we went to reception because we were in limbo they could not give us and an answer when the rep arrived we spoke to her about the situation and she sorted for us very quickly, we stayed in the suites for the whole duration which was very nice, the hotel was nice the staff were brilliant bar to waiters, the bed was very comfortable and the cleaners gave us clean towels everyday. Carlos was okay he tried his best with people. Food ok always a choice pudding to die for, this is the first time we stayed at the fortuna been to iclemer 3 times now not sure if we will go back I would not go back to the fortuna just in case it happened again while we where there so many people had not got a room when arriving very bad.

Room Tip: room 109 is lovely overlooking sea.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Last year was marvellous... so good we booked again within 2 days of returning! THIS YEAR... we arrived at 5am on my 60th birthday (after 12 hours travelling) to be told there was no room... could we go for a little walk while they sorted it out. An hour later we were told the cleaners had sorted a room out (cleaners at 5am?? I think not!). We'd paid for an upgrade, but were given a room as far back as you can get. I had to boil water as there was no hot water on several occasions and when I asked for a sink plug so I could get a wash I was given one which was far too big. I ended up buying a bowl to wash in. This is supposed to be all-inclusive, but they first ran out of butter. When I asked for some, the receptionist told me where the supermarket was! Then they ran out of bread. The receptionist sighed and said "not again...", and sent me out to the supermarket again. I shared my bread with the other guests. We were then woken up to be told that we would be leaving our room on the Wednesday, a day early. I argued that, no, we weren't due to leave until the Thursday (our flights were on Friday). We were told we had to pay 20 Lira for breaking the safe key, which had collapsed within the lock. We refused. But what worried me most was the fact that my room key opened the room one floor below (I'd mistakenly got out of the lift on the wrong floor). So whoever had a laptop and a purple suitcase.. you're lucky it was me who opened your door! Thomson have said sorry, offered to reimburse me the 4 Lira for the bread and butter, but say it's the hotel's fault... not theirs. However... the restaurant staff and the cleaners are wonderful!

Room Tip: Get one where the key opens your door alone. An upgrade is a waste of time. They put a single lady i...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Our few on the Fortuna the position the location was great then it all goes down hill,first let me say all staff from waiters to kitchen to cleaners to reception staff,&Carlos who works very hard were brilliant,only one fly in the ointment the guest relation guy who never acknowledge us once,but did manage to tell the waiters off in front of us,which We thought was wrong.
We arrived at 5 45 am to be told our room wasn't ready,we were taken around the corner to another hotel,which turned out to be a apartment!with nothing!payed for a four star hotel! so wasn't happy,after three hours sleep then we had to trail back to our hotel for our breakfast-only to be told our room would be ready at 12 midday,so on the dot we were at reception only to be told room still not ready,45 mins later at last we got into our room,Apparently we were not the only ones this happened to!!! Food was not four star standard,so how it was awarded four star by Tripp Adviser we will never no.
Would we go back unfortunately no. Isle of Wight.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret L
Reviewed 19 June 2013

we went back to Fortuna Beach as although we liked the hotel the first time we had a bad experience with the two witches that were employed as receptionists. W ell I'm pleased to say they have been replaced with some lovely staff who can't do enough for you. The hotel is in a great place all the staff are fantastic and the food is very good always something I liked as there is a great choice and the food is always displayed in a very attractive way.So all in all a brilliant holiday.I almost forgot to say how spotless the hotel is kept.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travelmad93
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Just come back from Fortuna.
Me and my friend and had a fantastic time hotel was spotless and the staff couldn't do enough for you, Carlos tries so hard to get people to join in with things and the bar and waiter staff mehmet,ufuk,salmen and berat were lovely. Deena on reception was a god send a big thank you to you all and hopefully be back next year.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Louisescholey
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My 3 friends and I stayed here to celebrate our "special" birthdays last week. This was our third stay in Icmeler and Fortuna Beach was the best. The hotel is very clean and all the staff are very welcoming. Selman and Ufuk run a very efficient bar - we recommend cocktails ( or is it coctails??) by Selman whilst Ufuk makes a great white wine spritzer!! The waiters are great too always ready to help out and make your stay perfect. Carlos is entertaining on his own - we don't go away to play bingo I'm afraid!! The chefs are great too. Every night there is a BBQ and a great performance with a wok by Selcuk(?) - how he doesn't set himself on fire we don't know!!
The pool is a little small but a sun trap in the day. The beach is just 2 minutes away where we spent most of our days. Here is a great waiter on the beach called Sali who is on hand to bring drinks or food (at a cost as they are from a bar down there, but well worth it!)
We hope to return next year for June's special birthday. Hope to see you all again!!
Sheila, Rose, June & Jean (the "spice girls"!!)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sheila V
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We went to fortuna beach as a last minute change of holiday due to me falling pregnant and not being able to fly to jamacia in november, it was a quick change your holiday or loose your money! And we was limited on dates due to work commitments.
Turkey would not have been somewhere me and my partner would have choosen to go all inclusive but fortuna beach has changed our mind.
The food was of a high standard and lots of choice, the hotel was kept clean and tidy.
The staff where very friendly and we got on extremely well with Carlos the entertainer and Yufuk the bar man, the entertainment wasn't great but Carlos tried his best.
The location was perfect, on the beach and just 5 mins walk from all the bars and restaurants.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone and intend to return after the baby is born.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple