Just returned from a week's holiday at this hotel. It was a cheap, last minute booking and in view of previous reports we weren't too sure what to expect. Family room was excellent with two bedrooms, a small shower room and luggage store area although the view was non-existent looking on to other buildings. The pool area was fantastic along with the poolside bar and staff. The food was plentiful with a lot of choice although not a great deal of variation from day to day. It did become a little tiresome toward the end of the week. The hotel is located toward the very edge of Ovacik, very peaceful but a good walk from the village centre and a lengthy walk from Hisaranu (the lively town with plenty of shops, restaurants, bars etc.). It's all downhill so get a taxi back, approx. £4 and well worth it. the hotel was quiet when we arrived but filled up with Turks shortly after. This did put a strain on the service. The hotel has recently been refurbished and extended and is still not finished and the staff are still trying to get their act together. Our room was only cleaned once during the week and we constantly had to keep asking for more toilet rolls. The shower also leaked although this was rectified the next day. Some of the drinks machines in the restaurant frequently didn't work or ran out of ingredients and the staff were slow to respond. Check out is by 12 noon and the charges for delayed checkout are expensive at £15 per person. In view of the cleaning issues, we negotiated with the deputy manager to clear our room by 12 but keep access to the food and drinks until our collection time. The evening entertainment was basic, we tended to go out to the town. All in all, we enjoyed our stay. The hotel is not the best but neither is it that bad, ultimately, you get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A place where you feel yourself in peace and tranquillity. You will enjoy sunbathing around the pool under the shining sun on a breezy plateau overlooking the village with stunning mountain view in daytime and sunset view in evening.The ideal location of this hotel provides you with the best weather you may find in this area as it leans against the forest on the skirts of Para gliders most popular mountain, this altitude makes the sunbathing here more joyful and pleasant compared to the destinations in both Fethiye and Oludeniz characterised by high humidity and scorching sun in high summer season.It is just 10 minutes drive (4 km) to the famous Oludeniz Beach at Blue Lagoon and at the same distance to Calis Beach in Fethiye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sunshine Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Holiday Hotel Ovacik
- Sunshine Holiday Fethiye
- Sunshine Holiday Resort Turkey/Ovacik