“Not as great as the reviews....”
Review of Destina Hotel

Destina Hotel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Ovacik
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Spent 9 nights at Destina with 3 friends. We were put in the block nearest the pool on the ground floor, corridor is very noisy at night and isn't helped by the fact that there is a 2 inch gap at the door. Got multiple mosquito bites as our balcony door didn't close properly either. The hotel is in a good location, 10 minute walk into Hisaronu and it is very clean. Food was a bit hit or miss - we ended up going out for dinner most nights. Impossible to get a sun lounger at the pool unless you have your towel out at 7am.

Gadget is the worst thing about this place, he is like a bad Borat impersonator. All you hear at the pool all day and night is him rabbiting on and on and on.....Oh and some of the staff are quite homophobic and kept referring to my friend as poofter. Hassan is creepy and just stands listening to your conversation.

Would recommend the Turkish bath, well worth the money.

Definitely wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank lakerr25

Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Had a week in the Destina with my partner, step-daughtet and her boyfriend. 1st time in Turkey so not sure what to expect. Was really pleasently surprised with the holiday that we had. Had read other reviews about the Destina so made our minds up to give it a try. Great decision. Hotel was spotless, food was good and the staff and entertainers were top class. Special mention to Gadget and Gizmo - they are a credit to the Hotel and one of the main reasons people return year on year. Funny, friendly and just all round decent blokes!! Would definitely return for another holiday. Views from the hotel are nothing short of stunning.
Also a quick mention for Evergreen based in Ovacik, had an amazing day out on the Jeep Safari with these guys, unforgettable!!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John M
Reviewed 20 June 2014

First holiday abroad after 3 years and it was by far my best experience of going abroad. The hotel is in a lovely area, very picturesque and beautiful, loveky views from all areas of the hotel. After reading the reviews my boyfriend and I were a bit put off but people are just nit picking. The hotel was very clean, friendly the staff couldn't do enough for you and they all speak very good English.
The two entertainers were BRILLIANT!! Gadget and Gizmo they are fantastic they join in with all pool games during the day and on a night they are just fab! When we were there there was a mongolian circus and when they had finished they got the equipment and had a go themselvss which was hilarious!! They are lovely men really friendly and get everybody involved.
Myself being a picky eater thought id struggle with the food however it was the opposite I was struggling to choose what to have!! There was loads of choice and it was all lovely!!
I would not hesitate to go back it was a beautiful hotel in a beautiful area. I have nothing to complain about. Try it to make your own decisions rather than listening to the nit picking!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank louloulou95
Reviewed 16 June 2014

If you're looking for a nice, cheap getaway, I couldn't recommend this place enough!
My girlfriend and I came here whilst we were in study leave, we only booked a week in advance so it was rather last minute and we were stuck between many hotels in the area..

All I can say is that I'm super pleased we chose Destina.

Staff: All of them are amazing. The bar staff at both the pool and restaurant bar, every single member of the staff were top top guys. We felt really well looked after by everyone. Plus they all spoke very good English.
Cleanliness: Spotless, the Room cleaning was not scheduled so would be at a different time every day, but did a great job and could not find one spot of dirt. Same with all areas of the hotel. Very clean and well looked after.
Location: Well, well well well, you'd be hard pushed to try and find a pool area with better views, anywhere and just in general, mountains in all directions and from the pool area it looks like you're in your own valley. Couldn't get enough of the scenery at the place, really never been anywhere like it.
Pool: Made up of three sections, 2 of these being 1m deep and the other (furthest away from the main bar was 2m so had a good variety to just play around in.
Entertainment: This could have gone in with the staff but I thought they deserve a section of their own.. Gadget and Gizmo are one hell of an act together, always making jokes and interacting with the guests, such fun people to be around, the place definitely would not be the same without them there, they really made the holiday. As well as them being there, they also organise some form of entertainment every night which can be fun to watch/take part in.
Food: Repeats every week but they have a very good variation considering it's all buffet style. A different food in each of the hot trays every lunch and dinner and all tasted good. The desserts, the desserts were the most beautiful things I've seen that you can eat. Some tasted better than others but it all looked fantastic.

Summary:
Staff = Extremely pleasant and helpful
Food = Large variation and very tasty
Rooms = Well looked after and very clean
Views = Unparalleled
Entertainment = Unrivalled

I will most definitely be returning to this hotel as soon as I can.
Could not fault it one bit.

Room Tip: 2028 was amazing
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just returned off a cheeky week.. At first i didn't want to go back to turkey after 2 previous experience's else where in turkey but got persuaded as it was a cheap week away & reviews looked ok... After arriving about 22.45 we got a sandwich & helped to our room which was spotless... but first room was on the stairs which were to noisy for my liking but they changed us rooms with no issue & even offered to help us with our packing. Unfortunately after moving rooms there was a cockerel which liked to be our alarm clock & the corridors are very noisy. but The food was beautiful & The staff were amazing and the place is constantly being cleaned & i have totally changed my views on turkey & would definitely come back to this hotel in the future

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Tarneys
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Just returned from destina 31st May till 14th June had the best time ever just as good as last year food amazing staff amazing maids hasan Murat captain Carlos and bathuman gaget and gizmo really lovely people views just as beautiful thank you very much for an amazing holiday just as a footnote got very annoyed with a few guests this year at the hotel and as it's 50% repeat customers everyone was saying the same thing about certain guests please if you come here don't scream your head of at your other half it wakes everyone up also do not make a massive mess with cigarette dimps and chips thrown about as the cleaners do an amazing job and can't do enough for you there's plenty of astrays I got up and got one every morning

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Louise F
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

This holiday was a last minute deal, And very cheap. We stayed for 6 nights during June. All inclusive

Now with every aspect of life your always gonna get moaners that complain about the littlest of things but with this review having an average of 4 stars I was pretty impressed.

ARRIVAL
We arrived around 10pm where we were quickly signed in and given free sandwiches (Which obviously we appreciated)

ROOMS
The rooms are small, the booking was a twin room but we had a double bed and a small bed pushed up to the window. The room and bathroom were clean and tidy, Hot water is an issue during the day time hours - But on an evening 5pm-later the water is hot! The TV had one English Channel (BBC World News) and no other channels.

FOOD
We paid all inclusive so we never had to worry about that. The first nights dinner was cold but edible, There is always fresh salad, and vary of meat such as Chicken,Beef, and sometimes fish. The food was never hot, But we ate it and were full. Turkey is a Muslim country so don't expect sausage and bacon at the buffet stand.

DRINKS
We were eager to pay extra for all inclusive so we could go down to the bar and get a drink whenever we wanted ... The bar are within set times and anytime after that you have to pay (Pretty expensive prices too) 11am-11pm, and not a minute later or sooner! Beer was the only one on draught, the soft drinks were in bottles out of a fridge. And there was also wine, and vodka. NO COCKTAILS.

BEACH
You cannot 'stroll' to this beach! The free shuttle beach sent you to sea horse beach club which is behind the main beach (Blue Lagoon) at 10:30 am and picked you up at 5:00 pm.. So you will stay there till then, or you can walk to the main Olü Deniz beach (15 minute walk) and get a taxi. The beach is nice, the restaurant there is pretty pricey and they do smoke infront of you within the restaurant.

POOL
The pool is large and cool, There is entertainment (Two men names Gizmo and Gadget) they're incredibly funny and if you want to be left to it they will.

STAFF
The staff are all well dressed and friendly we did have an issue with one staff member and he kept pestering my girlfriend (I'm a girl too) to go out with drinks with him. After 4 days of his persistence I told him he needs to stop it and then he did.

SLEEP
This was my biggest issue. I'm not a light sleeper but I didn't sleep very well when stopping at this hotel. The main reason was the 2 inch gap underneath the door, The halls outside were marble too which made everything loud (I mean REALLY loud) I would be woken up 3-4 times a night by loud people coming back to their rooms or walking up the stairs.

EVITA
A short 5 minute walk down the hill there is a restaurant called Evita, It's free wifi, Cheap meals and delicious food. It has a relaxed atmosphere and I do suggest having a full English breakfast (7.50TL)

In general if you're a heavy sleeper, looking for a short stay in an area away from busy towns and the beach it's ideal! I did enjoy my time there, But I wouldn't visit there again.

If you do have any questions please ask, as I have just returned from being there.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Alix B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ovacik
Aes Club Hotel
Yel Holiday Resort
#6 of 102 in Oludeniz
Gokcen Hotel & Apartments
Sunshine Holiday Resort

Been to Destina Hotel? Share your experiences!