“It is absolutely fine, do not worry”
Review of Aes Club Hotel

Aes Club Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Ovacik
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I think unless you are staying in a 7 star hotel and money is no object, then yes you will find things not quite to your liking but some people don't seem to look further than their noses and readily criticise.
My main concern is the cleanliness and food, both were very good. The rooms are spotless and you get a maid service every day. My daughters pull out bed was a little firm but not like a concrete slab!
The food is always hot or cold as it should be and covered up, there is a lot of choice if you look. Beautiful Turkish salads, the desserts are outstanding. The pastry chef makes fresh Turkish bread every day which was so yummy, fresh cakes, pastries everyday, ample fruit, mains, yes Turkish but hey you are in turkey, if you prefer English, holiday in the UK or go to a resort restaurant that does an all day English breakfast! We had fresh soup and fish and also they did have plain things as well and children's meals ie plain pasta. A couple of times things were repeated but you certainly wouldn't starve. Some days there were a few flies which I don't like but having said that everything was covered up but it certainly wasn't a major problem and we didn't have one tummy upset and didn't hear of anyone else either.
The main downside for me was the drinks were pretty poor quality especially the wine, don't expect premium brands but could be improved.
Could do with more shade as well, only four parasols for the whole hotel and the canopy area but no problem getting a sunbed except at the weekend when there were a lot of Turkish guests celebrating the end of Ramadan.
The spa where we paid £45 total for three of us to have a Turkish bath, mud mask and a wonderful massage, money well spent, very nice obliging people in the spa.
On the whole a lovely holiday, very relaxing, enjoy and make the most of it, it really isn't terrible!

Ps don't be fooled at the duty free store as the assistant approached us and said you can bring back three litres of spirits just to sell you more, you can't, I only know this because I read it on trip advisor, think it us only one litre each, it's a scam and if you get caught the whole lot is confiscated!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Matthios

Reviewed 25 August 2012

Have just returned home after 2 weeks at the Aes club hotel...
On arrival we were shown to a room late at night which on exploring hadnt got a balcony which we had booked, went to reception in the morning and we were moved straight away, we had a room for myself,Husband and 2 children, it was spacious with seperate room for kids ,air con, free water ,coffee and clean towels every other day, rooms were cleaned on a daily basis, they were modern and very comfortable.
We had a free bubble massage included in our booking which we had the next day, we all really injoyed it especially the children, you can pick up your free pool towels every day from the spa centre, the owner is a lovely chap not pushy and was very good with my 12 yr old daughter charlotte, who often popped in for a chat and would pop a face mask on her.

The food is fantastic fresh fruit,pastries , pancakes eggs cooked to order, every thing you could want for breakfast.
pool snack bar did burgers,chips,chicken,, fruit and salad until 4 ish every day.
Evening meal ,amazing salads,soup,pasta ,fresh fish, chicken you would have to be so fussy not to find something you liked, they even have a kids section with plain chicken etc...
It was constantly kept stocked up ,hot and very clean ( cannot understand previous bad review at all ) wine ,beer water ,tea ,coffee anything you want to drink all served up in restaraunt.
Bar shuts at 12.00 which is just right as it is very much a family hotel, however if you do want to carry on till the early hours it is only a short taxi ride to the lively Hissaranu...in fact a couple of nights a week the entertainment team arrange a night out down there.

The entertainment team .....they are FANTASTIC...they made our holiday and kept all of us occupied all day.

They are Charlie and Cohin,Hande and Sophie, they are on the go from 10 in the morning doing games in the pool ,dart, pool and ping pong tournaments... there is a mini disco for the smaller ones 9.00 and then 10.00 every night there were various acts Kenyan dancers,belly dancer,latin dancers Mr and Mrs Aes ...then music till midnight, when they all get a well deseved rest.....the song of the holiday nosa nosa was the highlight where they got evey one up to join in.
Hande is only 16 and was working there during school holidays to gain experience of speaking English and other languages..so pleasant always wanting to chat and gain information , she ran the kids club in the day and kept all the little ones happy and entertained.
Sophie is a great girl chatting with every one from me and my Hubby to my 15 yr old ( who can be quite shy)...she embraces the Turkish culture and it is a real advantage to have a English member of staff to help with any information and translation.
Charlie is full of energy from 10 till 12....aqua aerobics, and pool volley ball.
They all work incredibly hard and Myself Karen ,Martin, Tom and Charlotte would like to say a big thankyou to them all ......

Look forward to returning soon x

Reviewed 25 August 2012

We arrived late Tuesday night due to being delayed, they put us in a loft room, which we did not order, we had asked for 2 bedroom room, after a quick phone call to reception the problem was sorted and we was moved, could not fault the hotel at all, lovely food, wonderful entertainment staff who are always there to help and trying to get you involved with all the activities. There is a show every evening which is very entertaining! Overall was a fantastic time and did Not want to come home, will def be visiting again soon. Recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank 01sunshine
Reviewed 21 August 2012

AES Club Hotel, officially given 4 star rating! In our opinion, more like 2/3 star!

We arrived on our holiday after a very long tedious trip, but nevertheless we were optimistic about what we thought was going to be a wonderful holiday. However, upon arrival we had to change rooms 4 times as things in the rooms weren't working as they should. One room overlooked the sewage and power supply equipment - lovely! The final room worked out just ok. My husband had to refit the fly screen onto the patio door and I then broke every nail possible as the door refused to move! The bathroom was ok - the shower continually flooded and the shower door was held on by a wing and a prayer! There were no tv channels in English, so the kids watched Spongebob in Turkish!

The beds are also rock hard in fact, I think I would have been more comfortable sleeping on a slab of concrete!

The food was abysmal - similar stuff every night and boy, if you liked boiled sticky rice, you were in your element! I honestly can't think of a holiday I've ever been on where I could actually lose 5lb in weight! Considering they boast an 'a la carte' restaurant, imagine my surprise when one night asking for some drinks, we were told it's self-service only!

One thing that no brochure advertises is that to get to the main restaurant, you have to climb 25 steps every time! Wonderful!

The pool was adequate, nothing exceptional!

When I look for an all-inclusive holiday, I do so thinking that the kids will be catered for. However, here there is no free ice cream! To get a cornetto, it's 4 lira a time!

The only saving grace for this place is the entertainment staff who work their socks off! They always made time to come round and chat to the guests.

Would I go back to this hotel ...... I don't think so.

Room Tip: If you're not happy with your room ask to change!
3  Thank gillc62
Reviewed 20 August 2012

we are currently staying here and its a great hotel. The food, service, cleanliness, entertainment areall spot on and you can enjoy your hols without the rowdiness of club 18-30 type brigade. Would I recommendit? Yes!!!! We are in room 2203 which overlooks the pool and the rooms are a lovely size for 2adults and our 10 year old daughter. We have met some lovely people and most of them have stayed here before. Book it you wont be dissapointed.

Room Tip: All rooms have free aircon and safe
2  Thank TaniaWhitleyBay
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We've been here twice now and I have to say we thought it was perfect last year but they somehow seem to have made some minor, but noticable improvements this year to make it even better! Had a great time both years. The hotel seems to cater for all ages. As a teeneager there was opportunity to go into the town most nights with the other teenagers. It isnt a teenage-dominated hotel but I would definitely reccomend it to someone my age. However, the hotel seems to cater for all ages as my two parents enjoyed their holiday just as much (although for different reasons). Entertainment was first class; the food likewise.

Room Tip: As a teenager having a room near the main seating area was massively convenient but if you aren'...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank AliBackhouse
Reviewed 20 August 2012 via mobile

Andrew Kath Mike and Alistair would like to thank the staff at AES for another fantastic holiday. Excellent food, spotlessly clean environment but most of all a service second to none. From the bar to the restaurant to the entertainments team we were always met with a smile and excellent service. Mohammed from the bar even dashed out to help with our cases as we were leaving. What a lovely gesture.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Kathclarinet
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ovacik
Sunshine Holiday Resort
#6 of 102 in Oludeniz
Suncity Hotel & Beach Club
Suncity Hotel & Beach Club
#10 of 102 in Oludeniz

Been to Aes Club Hotel? Share your experiences!