“Friendliest hotel ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Ovacik
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Friendliest hotel ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

Had the most amazing time here.

Stayed in Turkey loads of times but have usually opted for all inclusive large hotels....never again! The welcome and constant warmth we encountered from Ali, Turkan, their boys and all staff was overwhelming. They cannot do enough for you and helped made our holiday so memorable.
On a practical note, rooms in new block where we stayed were spacious and cleaned every day with fresh towels. Pool area and restaurant spotless. No getting up at 5am for a sunbed as plenty available. Food fantastic and fantastic value..£3 for burger and fries, tuna salad (huge portion, enough for 2) £3.50.
I am definitely a convert now (no more all-in Butlins abroad for me,). This is a hotel that you will definitely return to year after year..I for one will.

Room Tip: New block more modern rooms. Old block for authentic Turkey..either way exceptionally clean.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank SharonH1968

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to holiday in Turkey this year for the first time, we picked the Tunacan hotel. What a great choice, a relatively small family run hotel,where everyone's heart and soul goes into making the experience the most welcoming and relaxed a holiday can ever be. The family rooms are huge, with two seperate sleeping areas and spotlessly clean. Pool area is also spotless. The bar and restraunt area very well maintained with free pool table ( a must if you have teenagers ) all reasonably priced. So good we are booking for next year already. See you soon Ali and türkan xx

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Fullertons
Chatteris, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I hesitated about writing what is going to be a glowing review of the utterly wondrous Tunacan Hotel because I don't want the masses of the great unwashed catching on and piling into it and spoiling it for the rest of us.

Ali, Turkan, and their boys make every guest feel like they are visiting old friends. They have a genuine warmth and enthusiasm for every individual they meet, which I have rarely encountered. You will see in the other reviews that they attract a great deal of repeat business. It is massively deserved, and not just because they speak perfect english and are both intelligent and wiitty.

My wife and then 16 year old daughter stayed with Ali and Turkan a year ago, and it was based on their experience in 2013 that my wife and I went last week.

I am a terrible snob. I usually go for smart looking, marble floored, boutique poshness. As a result of that, my wife was concerned before we set off that I would be "underwhelmed" by the Tunacan. I was not.

The Tunacan is probably listed as a 3 star hotel. It has superbly clean (and brilliantly cleaned) rooms which are air-conditioned. The ensuite bathroooms are basic but excellent and more than adequate for anyone. Including snobs like me.

The pool is large, and has a decent shallow end for smaller children. The deep end is 170cm which is more than adequate for all. It never felt crowded - in fact it occasionally felt like our own private pool - and it is immaculately clean. There are no breakfast time scuffles for the sunbeds, and there is no 'best spot' to be.

There is a wide, and interesting selection of food available on the menu. The fussiest of eaters will be well catered for, and I am sure that Turkan would move mountains to do so if the menu did somehow inexplicably, come up short for someone.

The bar area is under cover but open to the outside. A lovely breeze wafts through the shade and provides welcome respite from the heat of the day. There is a splendid 8 by 4 pool table (free) in the bar area. I warn you that Ali is well schooled with a cue and will happily spank any guest who wishes to take him on. He will do so with a lovely smile on his face and will likely buy you a beer win or lose. The man is an assassin. The bar is well stocked with bottled beers and all the usual spirituous suspects. There is also a cocktail menu for those so inclined. Prices are considerably cheaper than in the UK across the board.
Tabs are run for all guests, and there is no pressure to settle up daily.

I would say this hotel is more suited to couples or those families with teenagers, Smaller children might be a little hard to keep entertained, That said, there were a number of under 12's there during our stay and all seemed happy either in the pool or playing pool. The free wi-fi helps!

In conversation with my wife on our journey home I described the Tunacan as a very good 3 star hotel with astonishing, unbelievable 5 star people running it. I honestly can't adequately put into words how lovely Ali, Turkan and their sons (and friends) are. Nothing is too much trouble. They are both interested and interesting. In 24 hours I felt I had made friends for life. We felt like we had stayed at a friend's house, not a hotel. As the taxi arrived to take us to the airport Ali and Turkan had already spent our last hour chatting with us and as we left, they, as well as most of the the other guests, came and saw us off. My wife cried.

Hotels aren't supposed to be like this. Ali and Turkan are special. The Tunacan Hotel is special.

I urge you not to go. II want it all to myself.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
8 Thank SteveSurtees
seaham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Staying at the tuncan right now,ali n tunacan r brill hosts,room lovely,spacious and clean,food really amazing,staff friendly,hotel quiet n tranquil,brill start to our holidays,will update later with photos and overall holiday,lush place,not disappointed at all.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We have just returned from another great holiday at the Tunacan hotel .
Where do I start it was a great holiday surrounded buy lovely people. we meet some lovely new family's and some failure return customers like ourselves witch is great to see .
Ali and turcan and the boys run this hotel so very well its clean tidy, great food , great staff and so welcoming it's like home from home with the added bonus of the weather .
And nothing is to much trouble for them .
Can't wait to come back next year already on count down
And we hope to see some of those failure face ' s again
See you soon :-) xx

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed May/June for 4 weeks and again had a fantastic stay.Me my wife,family and friends all just love this hotel,from the warmth and hospitality of Ali,Turcan and all the family &staff but it's location and the facility's available.We have been coming to this part of Turkey for several years and this hotel is just the best we have stayed in.We have booked to go back in September and simply just can't wait.I would advise to book early and if possible direct with Ali he will even sort your transfers for you.Enjoy!!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paul e
Daventry, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

My family has just gotten back from 2 weeks in the Tunacan hotel and have already booked to go again next year. The staff were amazing and so friendly! Only 11 and a half more months until we go back!

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ovacik
Celay Hotel
Aes Club Hotel
#2 of 19 in Ovacik
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,212 reviews
Monta Verde Hotel & Villas

Been to Tunacan Hotel? Share your experiences!