Just back from another fantastic stay at the Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments, or as we call it - our second home lol. Our holiday was in August, an extended family of my Mam and Dad, my Brother and his Wife, my Nephew and his Girlfriend, me, my Wife and my two daughters - 10 people in total, in 4 apartments.
This year we went half board and we were all so glad we did - the food was fantastic. Soup was normally for starters, followed by Mezes, a main course of Kebab, Casserole, Chicken, lamb or fish with a wide variety of salads or veg, and fresh fruit or pastries for pudding. All of our party enjoyed the food and there was always something for everyone. The Turkish breakfast was quite basic - normally cereal, meats, cheeses, eggs, either hard boiled, soft or sometimes pancakes, fresh fruit, tea and coffee - a good start to the day. Between going self catering (previous holiday at Blue Pearl) or half board - we'd all go half board again as it was really good value for money and non of us had a bad word to say about the food.
The apartments are some of the best, and cleanest, we have stayed in and have been updated since our last holiday with new shower enclosures. The grounds are always well kept and the pool is brilliant - quite large for Turkey with a fun, very popular, slide, water polo nets and a few blow up airbeds and toys left from previous holiday makers. There is also a table tennis table (well used by us) a pool table (again, well used by us) and a TV in the bar area for sport etc. The bar area was again well ran by Mustapha who remembered us all from 2 years ago.
There had been a change of staff since the last time we were there - my daughters missed Mehmet, but soon warmed to the new staff of Panda and Mr Bean. Panda went out of his way to make our family holiday special - always a happy face to greet us at breakfast, or any time of the day really, as they all work some crazy hours.
The holiday was in celebration of my parents Golden Wedding anniversary, we also had 2 more things to celebrate while there - our wedding anniversary and my Brothers Birthday. Mine, the owner, made sure we all celebrated in style with a complimentary cake and bubbly on these occasions - a nice touch.
This year we didn't do a great deal, as we'd done the jeep safari and others trips in previous years, but we did do one boat trip and 5 of our party went Paragliding off Babadag mountain - fantastic. Both these trips and others can be booked through Mine, or at reception.
All too soon our time at the Blue Pearl had come to an end - Mine, who organised the transfers, made sure the mini bus came on time, and waved us off. Sad to be going but hopefully we'll all be back next year.
To sum up the Blue Pearl in one word - outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We don't get bookings for 2016 due to refurbishment of our hotel. Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments sets a new standard for an excellent service with its elegantly furnished, air-conditioned rooms and apartments, swimming pool with aqua park and jakuzzi, children's pool, bars, restaurants and its friendly staff. This resort comprises of 10 apartments and 14 hotel rooms surrounded by extensive and well maintened gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Pearl Hotel And Apartments
- Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments Turkey/Ovacik
- Blue Pearl Ovacik