“Very Disappointing, avoid this hotel.”

Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Ovacik
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I have never felt the need to leave a negative review for anywhere before, I prefer to just put things down to experience but I feel I really should share my views on this hotel. The reviews seem incredibly positive and this was the reason I booked my holiday at The Blue Pearl (I do realise this was very naive)
I am not here to slag anybody off or to get in to a slanging match with any of the more aggressive reviewers I simply want to warn anybody who is seduced by all the wonderful reviews.
I was really looking forward to visiting Turkey; we got a fairly good package deal and were really excited to be getting away for some relaxation.
In my experience The Blue Pearl was a real let down, although the lady that owns it is nice, the rest were not very welcoming and some were quite rude. The bar prices are steep (I am aware this is the case in most of turkeys tourist spots) but we were hugely over charged with the bar bill, happy hour simply did not exist in our case.
We were not made to feel welcome at all. Our room was an uncomfortable box that would have been small for one person let alone 2, with no view even though we had requested one. By the end of the second day we were really gutted and let down. We ended up cutting our losses and walking out of the hotel and finding somewhere else. We received no help or advice, their only concern was getting money out of us for the rediculous bar tab. Our holiday was almost ruined by this hotel, We were stranded in Turkey and thank god we found somewhere that was lovely and really welcoming to enjoy the last week in.
Our holiday ended up costing us more than double the package cost. We did not try to claim back any money as we were aware we chose to leave the hotel ourselves and in retrospect I should have demanded they sorted out the mess for us but at the point of walking out I was absolutely drained and just wanted to get away from the place as soon as poss.
I am aware this hotel is much loved by its regular customers, but be aware you may not receive the wonderful welcome that many of the reviewers seem to have enjoyed and i had looked forward to, we certainly did not and it really was a huge disappointment.

I liked Turkey a lot and would go back, but never to The Blue Pearl.

5  Thank SugarKaneKowalczyk

Reviewed 29 June 2010

First of all to those people who had negative comments ,don't come back you're unworthy of being there.I had the most enjoyable stay Mine and Farigan run a superb hotel,the staff are of a high calibre and i want to say a big 'Thank you' to chef who has promised me Spanish Omelette next year!Mehmet ,Mustafa,Ugur and Umit the hotel would not be what it is without you guys and for the rest of the staff ,whose names I can't spell,you all make this hotel 5 star.Thank you again for a wonderful holiday.

1  Thank Vinoverde4
cemo, Manager at Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2010

We thank you a lot for your review and hope to welcome you again...

Mine & Farigan & Staff of Blue Pearl

Reviewed 28 June 2010

Just got back from the Blue pearl hotel/apts.Beautiful little hotel just off the main road.Well run and very personal.All of the staff very helpful and polite.The rooms were modern and very clean,tv had 6 english speaking channel including film channel.I stayed in hotel room ,there are self catering apts as well.Breakfast you could have anything you wanted.Tip dont go half board unless you are not fussy.The gardens are well looked after.Def will be going back just to see Mehmet the bar and pool manager who has a wicked english type of humour,miss him already.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EssexBigal
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Just returned from the Blue Pearl Apartments, i would like to say a big thank you to Mine and all her staff for an excellent stay.We enjoyed the family atmosphere as soon as we arrived, all the staff are amazing and very hard working nothing is too much trouble. The rooms were spotless and all the gardens and pool were very well maintained If you are thinking of stopping in this area then please please stay here you will not be disappointed. Once again thank you very much for a lovely stay and keep up the good work
Donna, Barry Mark and Gill

1  Thank hardrat
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Just back from two weeks at the Blue Pearl - what a wonderful place to holiday.
Arrived late evening to be greeted by Mine and Ugur two of the nicest people you could meet - shown to our double room - plenty big enough and we had a side view which was ok - we were over the bar but this never stopped us sleeping as most entertainment is over by midnight. Plenty of storage,fridge,hairdryer and safe. All very clean. We had air con the second week which was great. Breakfast was more than ample with eggs done anyway you wanted - the pancakes were lush.
The pool is really lovely never struggled to get a sunbed. Water slide turned on a couple of times a day depending on who was around the pool. Everywhere spotless.
Pool bar was lovely and Memhet was so helpful and nothing was to much trouble. We have to say Mustafa was a bit surly, but we just used to go to Memhet.
Lunch was always good - fresh tasty food. My other half loved the Efes! Whilst we were there they had the world cup on every day, so it was ideal for both of us.
Most evenings we would walk in to Hisaronu, takes about 15min stroll, or get the Dolmus to Olu Deniz which takes about 25 mins.
All in all we had wonderful holiday - would we return? yes we would....as Pa Larkin says...Perfectttttttt.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank spookybrowneyes
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Returned from the Blue Pear yesterday morning... Best holiday EVER ! 7 days was not long enough :( But hope to return to this hotel as soon as we can :) (Providing they have room lol! )
Arrived at nearly 4am to be greeted by a very smily Ugur, Who checked us in very quickly and carried our cases to our rooms, Room was very clean and of perfect size for the 3 of us.
Breakfest- Plenty of choice, Cheese, Eggs, Fresh bread, Pancakes, Omletes, Tea, Coffee and fresh juice etc... I am a terrible fussy eater but I had no problem at all with finding something to eat ! :)
Snack bar was great too.. Pizza, sandwiches, burgers etc.. Very nice, Plus there was a A La Cart menu.
Swimming pool, was super clean, and lovely me and my son spent alot of time in there to cool off from the heat ! The water slide was a treat too.. My son loved it, and could not wait till they turned it on!
Service- Amazing, The staff could not do enough for you they were wonderfull especially Ugur, This guy never walks always running around the hotel doing things, Mustafa and Mhemit spoke great English, we always had good laughs with them too :) And were great with my son... He loved them they were so friendly towards him! Nothing was ever to much trouble for these guys :)
Location- Perfect, In a quiet location but just a little walk away to shops, Hisaronu etc.. If you looking for something more lively maybe try another area, But we loved this location as it was peacefull and unspoilt !
The other reviewer who moaned about the mosque blaring out 5times a day all I can say is Turkey is a Muslim country if you don't like it visit another country, It did not bother us at all infact we quite liked it ! Maybe people should check through the internet where their hotel IS located if they don't want to stay near a mosque.. or bring earplugs!!! The mosque is nothing to do with the hotel and the hotel dos not deserve a negative review because it's near mosque!!!
Mine keep up the good work, your hotel and ALL the staff are AMAZING... Look forward too coming back here as soon as we can :)
Love Stevie, Mark and Jay x

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank stevie63
cemo, Manager at Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2010

Hello,

Thank you for your review. It was a nice time with you and hope to meet you all again.

Mine

Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel in May 2010...

We loved it and will be returning for many years to come. The hotel itself is so pretty and clean - I have honestly never seen anywhere so clean - and the layout, and the 'feel' was just fabulous... The staff at this hotel are like your family - I absolutley loved mohammed the bar man - and all the other staff felt like my brothers! Mine the owner was the most helpful lady ever - she was always there - and made us laugh allot - she really cares, and everyone has the time to talk to you - even teaching my husband turkish at whenever he asked.
The food at this hotel was wonderful, the service was the best we have ever received - so attentive, so caring. The apartment we had was wonderful - and we were very comfortable. The pool is exquisite - absolutley fabulous, and always sun loungers free. Ovacik and Hisaronu were a good balance - if you fancied quiet you had it - if you wanted busier environment you had it. I would recommend the suntrap restaurant in hisaronu. We particularly loved the 12 island boat cruise, the Dalyan boat trip, and we had a wonderful jeep safari - I was amazed to read some reviews about acidents on these safaris - as I had no idea but had a brilliant day - and you dont have to do this activity if you dont want to! I would not recomend Hannibal tours in Hisaronu - but would carole and tayfun tours.
I laughed allot, I relaxed allot - so much so we have a child on the way!!!!! (first month of trying!) maybe it was that fertility sulpher pool i have no idea! I loved this holiday and was very depressed when I got home - in a way I still want to be there - the scenery is amazing - it will take your breath away - FANTASTIC HOLIDAY AND THE BEST HOTEL WE HAVE EVER STAYED IN - we have stayed in 5 star luxury in mauritius and this hotel was so much better than that! Love to mine, mohammed and everyone else - and I hope we see you soon, Linda and Toby Deans x x x x x x

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you a lot for your lovely review and hope to see you with your baby again...

Mine and the staff

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ovacik
Monta Verde Hotel & Villas
#43 of 121 in Oludeniz
Ova Resort Hotel
Ova Resort Hotel
#3 of 19 in Ovacik

Been to Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments? Share your experiences!