I have never felt the need to leave a negative review for anywhere before, I prefer to just put things down to experience but I feel I really should share my views on this hotel. The reviews seem incredibly positive and this was the reason I booked my holiday at The Blue Pearl (I do realise this was very naive)
I am not here to slag anybody off or to get in to a slanging match with any of the more aggressive reviewers I simply want to warn anybody who is seduced by all the wonderful reviews.
I was really looking forward to visiting Turkey; we got a fairly good package deal and were really excited to be getting away for some relaxation.
In my experience The Blue Pearl was a real let down, although the lady that owns it is nice, the rest were not very welcoming and some were quite rude. The bar prices are steep (I am aware this is the case in most of turkeys tourist spots) but we were hugely over charged with the bar bill, happy hour simply did not exist in our case.
We were not made to feel welcome at all. Our room was an uncomfortable box that would have been small for one person let alone 2, with no view even though we had requested one. By the end of the second day we were really gutted and let down. We ended up cutting our losses and walking out of the hotel and finding somewhere else. We received no help or advice, their only concern was getting money out of us for the rediculous bar tab. Our holiday was almost ruined by this hotel, We were stranded in Turkey and thank god we found somewhere that was lovely and really welcoming to enjoy the last week in.
Our holiday ended up costing us more than double the package cost. We did not try to claim back any money as we were aware we chose to leave the hotel ourselves and in retrospect I should have demanded they sorted out the mess for us but at the point of walking out I was absolutely drained and just wanted to get away from the place as soon as poss.
I am aware this hotel is much loved by its regular customers, but be aware you may not receive the wonderful welcome that many of the reviewers seem to have enjoyed and i had looked forward to, we certainly did not and it really was a huge disappointment.
I liked Turkey a lot and would go back, but never to The Blue Pearl.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We don't get bookings for 2016 due to refurbishment of our hotel. Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments sets a new standard for an excellent service with its elegantly furnished, air-conditioned rooms and apartments, swimming pool with aqua park and jakuzzi, children's pool, bars, restaurants and its friendly staff. This resort comprises of 10 apartments and 14 hotel rooms surrounded by extensive and well maintened gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Pearl Hotel And Apartments
- Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments Turkey/Ovacik
- Blue Pearl Ovacik