We returned to the Blue Pearl for the third time this July. We have previously rated the hotel very highly indeed, both in terms of value and service. The staff have always been helpful and great with our daughter who is 9. Unfortunately our stay this year was not as pleasant as with previous years. We felt that there was less emphasis on guest satisfaction and indeed more interest in making money. We normally book with a tour operator, but this year we left things a bit late and found the hotel was fully booked. We contacted the hotel direct and they said if they had a cancellation they would contact us. Only the next day we received a email to say there was a cancellation and we could stay - we were delighted. We were charged £474.00 for the two weeks stay. When we checked out we were also charged 2% for paying by card (normal practice) then an extra 10% for not paying cash. When we got back to the U.K we found that we had been charged the 47.40 twice. We also found that we had paid considerably more to stay this year than other guests we spoke to. We just checked the accommodation price for the same period next year through On the Beach and its £167.46 cheaper than the price we paid! We have asked the Blue Pearl to refund the overcharge of £47.40 and they say it,s a discrepancy with my card issuer. My card issuer has agreed with the overcharge (which is transparent to all except the Blue Pearl) and their disputes team are now trying to claw the overcharge back through the hotels bank in Turkey
We are very upset at the way we have been treated as we were loyal ambassadors for the Blue Pearl and would have continued to re visit. Indeed we were originally going to rebook for a week this September. The Blue Pearl has lost our repeat business and it is with regret that I write this review - however I am aware that there are many people that are happy with their stays as indeed we were too - just giving an honest appraisal of how we were treated this year. Reading the other reviews, it seems to me that the hotel is getting more negative reviews than it had in previous years - check them out for yourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We don't get bookings for 2016 due to refurbishment of our hotel. Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments sets a new standard for an excellent service with its elegantly furnished, air-conditioned rooms and apartments, swimming pool with aqua park and jakuzzi, children's pool, bars, restaurants and its friendly staff. This resort comprises of 10 apartments and 14 hotel rooms surrounded by extensive and well maintened gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) and TripOnline SA so you can book your Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Pearl Hotel And Apartments
- Blue Pearl Hotel & Apartments Turkey/Ovacik
- Blue Pearl Ovacik