“Amazing food and lovely, lovely owners”
Review of Aubergine's

Aubergine's
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Ovacik
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Cuisines: Turkish, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Taunton
“Amazing food and lovely, lovely owners”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We have only just arrived home from our fab holiday to Ovacik and had to put our review on for our Aubergine's experience! We visited three times and had amazing food on all three occasions. Always a warm welcome from Byrom and Angela and their staff. Homemade houmous and fresh bread are served whilst you look through the menu. Can highly recommend the Lamb Shank..it's to die for!! Sucuk with egg as a starter was a big hit with my other half as was the children's chicken nuggets for my 10 year old daughter..definately not what you get at McDonalds!! Beautiful pieces of chicken in the lightest, crispiest batter I've ever tasted, served with hand made chips, scrummy! The rice they serve was complimented on by so many customers..it's called Bulger rice and it really is soooo nice, so much so I've bought a bag home with me!!
This is their first year of opening and we wish them all the luck in the world..not only do they serve the nicest food I've tasted for a long time they are also a lovely couple who go that extra mile into making your experience their extra special x

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JasonandNicky

Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
“WORTHY OF A MICHELIN STAR!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Beautiful, contemporary decor and the food is even better!
Visited twice in Sept '13. Would have visited more often but on first occasion we went there we were told you had to book, so booked the next available date and again after our stunning first meal.
That first meal simply blew me away. Ordered seabass with fennel. My initial concern was that this place would try to attempt to copy fine dining meaning a tiny sized portion! A beautifully presented plate of food arrived with a large portion of seabass and plentiful sides with it. No problem with portion size then, especially when a large bowl of chunky chips and vegetables was placed on the table too! The seabass meal was one of the best plates of food I've ever had the pleasure to eat. I've never experienced fine dining/Michelin starred food, but I couldn't imagine food tasting much better than this.
On our second visit, I ordered Adana Kebab and my wife ordered lamb in a coconut and lime curry sauce. She said it was the best curry she'd ever tried and when she gave me a taste I said the same thing too, and we do love our curries when back home. My kebab took my palate on a beautiful journey that started with that delicious, sweet taste of lamb, followed by a combination of warm chilli and other various spices. Stunning!!
Two of the best and also the cheapest meals we've had on holidays. Excellent service, and the chef takes time to come and have a quick chat with you about the meal.
To say that this is the beat restaurant in Ovacik is doing it a disservice. This was cooking on another level. An absolute must to try

Clacton-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“aubergines”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

brilliant food, lovely veg not just rice n chips, lovely staff, well worth a visit. bit pricey but you get what you pay for and knocked spots off all the other restaurants. very busy. made very welcome and very clean .

• Visited October 2013
bury lancs england
“good food, lovely staff”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had an excellent meal in Sept 2013. food great, a little pricier than other restaurants but well worth it.very welcoming staff. our only complaint was we had to wait quite a long time for meal, even tho we had booked table, also it was a chilly evening & all 6 members of party were getting very cold so eventually we were moved inside, which was much appreciated! would visit again.

Bolton
“Very good food and staff”
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

Visited Aubergines twice during our holiday. Absolutely lovely restaurant new this year. Byram and Angela make you so welcome. Food was excellent and the service was very good. Will certainly be back when we are back in may 2014.