“Don't Go There”

Hotel Olive Garden - Ovacik
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ovacik
Hotel Olive Garden - Ovacik
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Ovacik
Scotland
“Don't Go There”
Reviewed 18 July 2008

Have just been to the Olive Garden and it is NOT on the beach and does NOT have beach views - its up a mountain!!!!!!!!!! If you go down the town be willing to either walk up a hill that does not look to steep but by the time you get to the top you are knackered or get a taxi. Thank god we went self catering as the All-inclusive guests were all complaining about the food - salads galore (with the added extra of flies), birds nesting in the dining-room and if you were lucky fish fingers/chicken nuggets for tea (including the adults). You need to pay for pool and table tennis (5ytl for 1 hour), £3 for air conditioning if you are self catering and for the slide it was switched on and off all day. Yilmaz (manager) closed the swimming pool at about 6pm, if you complained he was very rude and arrogant to you and as for the sexual advances by some members of staff do not send young girls there alone!!!!!!!!!! Younger members of staff very friendly but did not speak much english. Rooms were cleaned, if you can call it that daily, sheets/towels changed every 3 days if you were lucky. Either use it as a base and go self catering or do not go there at all.

• Liked — Going home
  • Disliked — Some staff, lack of entertainment, lack of facilities
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family

Business
Lancashire
Reviewed 12 July 2008

Stayed at Olive Garden Hotel June 27th and thank god it was only for one week, the food is not kept refrigerated and is open to the birds nesting in the roof . you get plenty of salad so if you dont like your greens dont go All Inclusive unless you like fish fingers and chicken nuggets and spaghetti with nothing to go with it, In our opinion this is totally unacceptable and has put us off going All Inclusive, but we did manage to stay the week unlike some others who only lasted 2 days. I will definately not be going back to this hotel. We had to eat out every night and found that local restaurants were fantastic value in the right places with entertainment to match by the owners.

• Liked — Going Home
  • Disliked — Having to Stay
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Ovacik hotels

Chester
Reviewed 18 June 2008

Hotel- 3/5
Room was basic but clean. Towels and bedding changed twice in a week but bedding didn't fit the bed! Excellent air conditioning.

There is a small pool with a waterslide but it is enough for the amount of people it accommodates for. There is a pooltable (payable!) and table tennis.

At night, they had killer pool, a quiz or bingo.

Food and Drink- 3/5
Food started ok although I was shocked when I first seen the spread (I'm used to large all inclusive hotels with huge dining areas!). This one was part of the bar area. The choice was very limited- just 2 starters and 3 main meals to chose from with salad/ chips/ rice, etc.

The desserts were few and far between- some nights they had none. It didn't bother me as I do not eat them but a lot of people were complaining.

Drinks were very good. We were served pints of Efes (top lager) in glasses! No plastic cups. Spirits were good measures and they had the branded mixers (Fanta, Coca Cola, etc).

Staff- 2/5
It was a bit of a mixture on this one. Some of the staff were ok, some were rude and ignorant. The receptionist (an English girl) would be listening to you and then walk off to deal with someone else mid conversation! Service staff were friendly and the new manager (the old one was sacked recently) was a top man and let us off a few times when we were loud.

Area- 4/5
We thought it was a joke when we were dropped off- it is literally half way up a mountain. It is a good walk to the main town but there are plenty of bars on the way down. Beer prices ranged from £1 per pint in the small bars to £2 in the clubs. We had a really good night out in the Karaoke bars and nightclubs.

There were plenty of trips to choose from although we were sent to the wrong waterpark in Calis- DO NOT GO THERE- it was awful. We had booked to go to the one in Okavic but were sent to the other!

Overall, we paid hardly anything as it was last-minute so cannot complain about what we got for our money. I would advise people to go there but wouldn't pay more than £200-250pp for a week. We went there to get drunk and we certainly did! If you want somewhere with all inclusive activities, etc, I would not advise this hotel.

D Langton
Chester

• Liked — Drink
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
northeast england
Reviewed 18 June 2008

the food is pathetic,wouldnt feed it to the animals,staff are brill,but the hotels a disgrace,it went from only 6 people in to over booking, rooms small 1 little wardrobe for 3 adults 1 change of bed cloths in 2 weeks after i had demanded them to be changed.there was swallows nesting in the eating area,hence people being poorly as they were doing there droppings on people.no good complaining becouse nothing gets done,only seen our rep 3 times in two weeks,he never had a complaints form,and dont exspect to be greeted off the plain by him he wont be there,,never again,its 25 mins walk down to the centre where theres plenty going on,but its up the mountain so taxis back cost 8 to 15 lira depending on times,best thing is you can buy any food you like at a cost and its not cheap,but on the all inc its rubbish,and if your not at the bar at 10,45 you will have to pay.short measures untill 11,anyway if you want a good holiday dont go to this hotel,or youl wish you were back home

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — food
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
Cornwall
Reviewed 25 September 2007

My boyfriend and I booked flights, accommodation, and transfers with ES Travel in London, who are affiliated to the hotel.

First impressions were not great as the hotel forgot to pick us up from the airport, and we were stuck there for hours until finally getting a taxi. Luckily one of the hotel staff was waiting for us upon arrival and paid the bill!!!

We found some of the staff friendly and others a little rude at times but the people staying at the hotel made up for that.

The food was slightly samey but it was only a short walk to Hisoranou where there was a little more choice.

The room was average and comfortable and we found it adequate.

We booked our excursions from Ali G from Papirus Travel in Hisoranou and were not disappointed.

Overall we really enjoyed our holiday in Turkey and would certainly go back, but maybe not to this batcheloresque style of hotel, although they did try their best!

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Some of the staff were very rude
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
Scotland
Reviewed 10 September 2007

We were fortunate to find a very good deal for the 14 nights we stayed at the Olive Garden Hotel. It is ideally situated 10 - 15 mins gentle walk into Hisaronou where there are many shops, bars and restaurants. Staff at the hotel were extremely pleasant and very helpful from the moment we arrived to the time we left, particularly Emin.
The rooms were air conditioned at reasonable cost. We had no problems with the shower there was always plenty of hot water. We particularly liked the fact that the room was cleaned every single day and the lady that cleaned the room went to the effort of making the beds and arranging the towels with fresh flowers.
The pool was a little small but was never very busy and again cleaned every night.
We had a very nice time and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family.
They plan to expand next year but we hope they do not spoil the small and friendly atmosphere by doing this.
We hope to visit again VERY soon.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
glasgow
Reviewed 23 August 2007

Destination- Turkey, Hisaronu and Olu Deniz
Hotel- The Olive Garden Hotel
Tour Operator- Right Holidays

I am writing this report to warm other travellers of the terrible time I recently experienced in Turkey. I plan to post this report on such sights as Tripadvisor.com, Realholidayreports.com, Thomson.com and many others of the same nature. I also plan to send it to the Turkish tourism board, the hotel in which I stayed and the holiday company who I booked through. The reason I go to such extreme lengths is because of the absolutely unnecessarily terrible time I endured with my partner when I was away and wish those responsible to know about it and to warn those thinking of dealing with any of the above mentioned to think twice.

Holidays in Turkey are popular because of the value that package deals offer to this country and the value for money you are perceived to get when you are there. I visited Turkey eight years ago and it was tremendous value for money and the only complaint I would have had was of the over affectionate behaviour of the Turkish men to young woman. In fact one would go as far to say it bordered on sexual harassment. On my return to Turkey this summer I found that this behaviour had not changed and it made me, and my partner, feel quite uncomfortable.

On arriving in Turkey I was aware that the government there charged British citizens for entering. At £10 this isn’t something that was a major problem for me. However my girlfriend is Canadian and because of this she had to pay £45, which borders on ridiculous. The fact they are charging anyone to come into their country when they are coming to spend money anyway is a joke, the fact you pay over four times that amount if your American or Canadian is a rip-off and I would never advise anyone from North America to travel to Turkey.

Once we had got through the airport and taken to our hotel we were taken to our room. When booking with the tour operator I was somewhat reluctant to go ahead with the booking because the price had gone up. The booking agent on the other end of the line informed me that in order to seal the deal he would arrange for me to have a poolside view and a room with a double bed. What did we get when we were taken to our room? Two single beds about four inches in height difference, a ground floor room at the furthest possible away location and that looked out on to a wall. The smell was terrible and the toilet didn’t work. To add to this the water turned on randomly in the middle of the night (this also happened when we were moved rooms). After complaining to the hotel manager we were moved to another room the next day, which was a bit more up to standard but not what we were promised.

During our stay at the hotel my partner and I would often order drinks from the pool bar. As they never had any change available (a tactic that is often employed so the discerning traveller leaves the change as a tip) we agreed to start a tab and pay at the end of the day which we did every day. On the last day of our trip, as we were checking out, the hotel manager produced three bar receipts which he said were never settled. This was not the case. We paid every single bill at the end of the day and they were messing us about either through incompetence or sheer greed. There was a bar bill from a day we had spent at the beach. Another couple that heard what was going on later told us they had food bills added to their rooms and they had never eaten there. You might think this would be a result of other guests putting bills on to my room number but two of them had my signature.

I had travelled to Turkey eight years ago and the prices now compared to then are around 3-4 times higher. This is not inflation but rather exploitation of holidaymakers to Turkey. When going to the beach it cost a ridiculous amount for a 10 min taxi ride, it cost to get onto the beach as well as the usual sun bed costs. When you are in a bar, on the beach, etc watch out for how much the locals get charged. I was in a line after a Turkish man at the beach for a soft drink and ice cream, which was exactly what he was buying. It cost me around double what it cost him. I witnessed this on numerous occasions.

The behaviour of the Turks, which I mentioned above, was atrocious. One night a young girl came running into the hotel lounge screaming. It turned out a taxi driver had taken her not to a hotel but to a quite road were he took all the money from her purse and left her there. Also some of the hotel staff were acting very inappropriately towards some of the young girls who were around the pool. One meber of staff was caught writing notes to one as young as 14 asking her to go to her room.

Perhaps another thing worth mentioning was the airline ( a Turkish airline). It was the worst airline I have travelled on and I have been on many flights. No TV’s, warm drinks, terrible food and in fact not even enough meals to feed everyone. Yes, some people didn’t get any food for until the arrived at the airport. On that subject it’s worth warning holidaymakers that if you want to eat at the airport in turkey you will pay between £10-£15 for a McDonalds and this is the cheapest option. This is not one word of a lie.

DON’T GO TO TURKEY
DON’T BOOK A HOLIDAY THROUGH RIGHTHOLIDAYS
AND DON’T SATY AT THE OLIVE GARDEN HOTEL

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ovacik
Celay Hotel
Monta Verde Hotel & Villas
Aes Club Hotel
Aes Club Hotel
#3 of 19 in Ovacik

Been to Hotel Olive Garden - Ovacik? Share your experiences!