“Too short a stay ...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The River Lodge at Sandy

The River Lodge at Sandy
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandy
The River Lodge at Sandy
Ranked #4 of 5 Sandy B&B and Inns
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Too short a stay ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

On a business trip to the RSPB in Sandy, I stayed a single night. The accommodation was of a high standard. The bedroom, though quite small, was well appointed with all that was needed for a good night's sleep. Breakfast was ample and tasty, and Terry a most welcoming proprietor. What a pity I then had to move onto a hotel booked for me by RSPB training - it didn't benefit from the comparison. River Lodge won on all scores and was good value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

I had arranged to go down and play golf in the businesses annual golf tornament but as it was a 2 hour drive I had a look at local stop overs. I'm really pleased I did as I found this little gem that is just 10 mins from the course. I arrived mid evning and was impressed with the setting and the building. I has a warm welcome and was shown to my room. All very tidy and homely, exactly what you don't get in a hotel. The room was plenty big enough, furnished well with a comfortable bed. I was up early in the morning but the breakfast was advertised as being served at 730am. I spoke to Terri and she agreed to have breakfast for me at 6:45am, an amazing touch and an amazing breakfast. Best power shower I've yet had! Many thanks and will stop again. Thanks

Room Tip: If any of the rooms are as good as the one I was in then I shouldn't worry which one you are in.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
barking
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Stayed here for the first time last weekend and was made welcome as soon as we arrived found room clean and comfortable, breakfast excellent, nicely cooked,can recomemend this guest house and will be returning again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank hoppyBarking
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

We regularly come to River Lodge when visiting family in Sandy, and have been many times. Terri and Keith are wonderful hosts - truly make us feel at home and always look after us very well indeed. The rooms are very comfortable, always spotless. There is always plenty of choice at breakfast whether its a light contiental style or a full freshly cooked breakfast, all is delicious and cooked well. The location is in a lovely quit lane near to the river, and the garden itself runs down to the river. We always look forward to returning, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Margaret_Ted
Kent, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2013

My husband and I stayed at River Lodge for 2 nights this last week for a short break. We found a friendly welcoming atmosphere as soon as we turned up. Terry and Keith were the perfect hosts. and their breakfasts were absolutely incredible. The room, (Sage) was wonderful, a lovely size, and very comfortable with added touches of quality.We wish we could find a mattress just like that one as we had a wonderful nights sleep. Although we were limited to curries in Sandy we found a wonderful pub called the Wheatsheaf for our evening meals in the next village. Would we stay there again? Absolutely YES. I would recommend River Lodge to anyone visiting the Sandy area. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jean W
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2013

Many thanks to Terri and Keith. I have been staying at the River Lodge since September 2012 during a relocation from the north of England. The River Lodge is a beautiful house built in 1900 with lovely grounds. The proprietors, Terri and Keith are warm, friendly and welcoming. Highly recommended!

Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank George G
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

My review is based on the sequence of my visit.
Arrived to find ample off road parking, nice welcome from the owners, nice room which was very clean and had everything I could wish for.
Sound nights sleep, followed by a nice breakfast.

I was staying for business and very happy with everything.

See you next time and I will no longer have to stay at the Holiday Inn Sandy!! :D

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Ian G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
Premier Inn St. Neots (A1/Wyboston) Hotel
#1 of 1 in Potton
Taylard House
Taylard House
#1 of 2 in Gamlingay

Been to The River Lodge at Sandy? Share your experiences!