“Best value stay we've had in England”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Warren Farm Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sandy
Warren Farm Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Sandy B&B and Inns
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Best value stay we've had in England”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed @ Warren Farm because we had to be in the area and needed somewhere to stay. We're now trying to make up reasons to go back just so we can stay again.

We stayed in the corner suite (thanks to an upgrade for which we were extremely grateful). The rooms were enormous and beautifully furnished, with separate dressing room and fabulous bathroom with claw foot bath and vast shower. Rooms were appointed with high-quality items and products (e.g., luxurious drapes and l'Occitane toiletries). The grounds were beautiful and peaceful - having delicious breakfast outside in the sunshine listening to the birds was as good a start to a day as we've had in ages.

But what really stood out was how welcome Deidre and Robert made us feel. They couldn't have been more warm and helpful. For example, they were happy to play taxi for us when our transport didn't work out, and let us pop back in for a quick refreshing shower after a hot walk, even though we'd already checked out.

If there was a rating available several notches above excellent, that's what we'd have given them.

Room Tip: If you can get the corner suite, do!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
North Berwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

After reading the reviews we decided we had to stay in the Corner Suite and can honestly say it's the best place we have ever stayed anywhere. Could not believe the sheer size and luxury of our accommodation. The attention to detail was outstanding - from the lighting in each room to the free refreshments and the superb bathroom! It spoilt us for the next hotel we stayed in which was more expensive and, in comparison, a let down. We are looking for any excuse to travel to this part of the country again and will stay longer next time.

1 Thank Barbara H
Richmond, North Yorks, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I read the reviews on Tripadviser, and made the reservation for my wife and I, but thinking Warren Farm Lodge cannot be as good as this billing. How wrong can you get? It is simply the best B & B we have ever used. There is a fantastic building with beautiful gardens in an easy-to-find, peaceful, rural location, and a great bedroom and bathroom where there is a multitude of complimentary extras waiting for you. Peaceful lounges, a magnificent dinner and breakfast, together with the morning papers add to the indulgence. The welcome provided by hosts Deidre and Robert is warm and friendly, though never intrusive. If there is anything more that they could have done to improve our stay, I don’t know what it is.

To put these comments into perspective, I have never before reviewed any of the hotels, cottages or B & B’s we stayed in around the world. Our best advice is to go and try it as soon as you can.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ken C
Buxton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2012

A real delight surrounded by open fields and filled with birdsong. What a gorgeous place to stay. A warm welcome is assured and you won't be disappointed by your room either. We've stayed twice now in The Corner Suite and it is better than many hotels. Overlooking the flower filled gardens the spacious bedroom is perfect. There is a large and useful dressing room and a super bathroom with plenty of fluffy white towels. We enjoyed the delicious breakfasts and also the evening meals with complimentary wine. I would highly recommend this well cared for B & B - you will love it!

Room Tip: We stayed in The Corner Suite and it was amazing!
1 Thank Pavilionbuxton
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

We booked this B&B after reading so many glowing reviews on Trip Advisor. They were not wrong. We were welcomed very warmly and shown around the spacious property - much of which is for the exclusive use of the guests (lounge, library and grand piano included!) We had the Corner Suite; a vast and beautifully decorated room with a walk-in wardrobe and stunning bathroom.

Fortunate to have visited on a sunny weekend we enjoyed a delicious breakfast the following morning outside on the terrace. Wish we could have stayed longer.

1 Thank Anna T
Ruthin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Milton Keynes to Sandy via Bedford by bicycle 46 miles in total along city streets, country lanes, national cycle ways and one main road. Why cycle here my friends asked, well the answer was simple, I've been told that the B&B at the end of the ride is the best there is! So I headed off to find out if the reality lived up to the hype.

What I found at the end of a very long day was the most amazingly relaxing and welcoming accommodation I have ever encountered. The photos on the their website promissed a haven of relaxation in beautiful surroundings, what I found was beyond my wildest dreams.

Minutes after walking in the door I was slumped on comfortable furniture in luxurious surroundings enjoying afternoon tea and cakes. After a quick shower it was a long soak in the hot tub to ease tired muscles whilst enjoying the beautiful scenery over a cool beer.

Following a restful afternoon of recovery, a home cooked evening meal in the company of our hosts Dierdrie and Robert who truly make this place a home from home, my companion for part of the ride was celebrating a birthday on the day of our visit and was treated to sumptuous meal and even a birthday cake.

This part of Britain may not be the first choice of destination for cyclists or visitors but I would heartily recommend a visit to anyone who wishes to experience the best in life, and there is only really one place to stay and Warren Lodge is it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Endaf G
Ruthin, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

The very best of British: In Your BackYard.

My family needed a Half-Way Day. Or Several. So when I suggested that my family converged on Warren Farm from London, Wales and Yorkshire for a three day break, I knew I was going to be on a winner.

See, I have been a part time resident at Warren Farm Lodge for a while now; and just knew that my kids would love the great outdoors, dogs, cats, horses and hallways of Warren Farm.

I knew too that my In-Laws would love the luxury and serenity of the Corner Suite, where they could retreat to when it all got too much :)

And most importantly I knew I could relax, because It was like having a 5 star hotel all to ourselves with stay at home rules. The kids entertained themselves with all Warren Farm has to offer - and none of the adults had to worry a jot - even the kids swim towels were supplied for the kids to launch into the tub on arrival.

I didn't have to worry about the BBQ - Rob did the best steak that I have ever tasted: I'm an Ozzie and he is a Kiwi; so that is really saying something. All the meals were lovely and the kids hoovered up the favourite spag bol and all the yummy breakfast that they could manage.

And as ever the organisation was impeccably done by Deirdre - down to fresh scones, cream and jam to tempt us on afternoon one and enough tea and coffee to sink a battle ship!

So why bother going away overseas. Set your sights on something simply fabulous that is a lot closer to home.

Room Tip: Snuggling: Loft Room. The room alongside it is great for little kids who are past needing stair ga...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rachbh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
Wyboston Lakes Hotel
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,548 reviews
Premier Inn St. Neots (A1/Wyboston) Hotel
The Potton Nest Bed and Breakfast
Highfield Farm Accommodation

Been to Warren Farm Lodge? Share your experiences!