The Kings Arms
US$87
  • Restaurant
US$85
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Bedford Goldington Road(Bedford)(Great Value!)
US$60
Travelodge
US$117
US$100
US$84
PremierInn.com
Nags Head Hotel(St Neots)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$98
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I stayed here on a number of occasions as I was at a function nearby and the independence this place offered appealed. It was always difficult to gain attention from the staff, and although the accommodation began as acceptable it quickly fell below standard. Draughty windows, catches did not work and so no real security, cold, pretty dirty and dusty in places, outside light not working..I know these things could be reported but to be honest they should not need to be!
I booked in on my last weekend there and only stayed one night, I not been back since. I think it speaks for itself that there has been no response from the owners to any of the reviews and would love to know if there has indeed been a change of ownership, I might then go back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank ninalacey
Reviewed 15 January 2013

Six of us lunched there on Saturday and enjoyed both the food and the humuor with the chef.
Twenty of us returned the next day for the pre christening party of my wonderful grandson Reece.
The buffet was plentiful and tasty. The atmospher quaint and characterful with low ceilings and oak beams. The management yet again were friendly and funny. Everyone enjoyed it. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Probably need to book here !!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank fishermanNeLincs
Reviewed 13 December 2012

We were regular patrons of King's Arms up until two years ago. We stopped going as on a couple of occasions the service was dire, the food was not much better and the staff couldn't care less.
We heard on the grape vine that there had been some changes and decided to be fair and give it another go. We are glad we did. The food, service and staff are well up to the previous standards. This is good news as there are no other pubs doing food in Sandy. We will have no hesitation in returning soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dronkvaett
Reviewed 24 November 2012

As it is the only pub in Sandy that serves food, it is a shame that it does not have a listing as such, visited there last night as read on FB that they were doing food again.

Good to see that Mark the chef was back after his recent trip away :) Little touches like soft butter and not a chilled slab makes the difference :)
Good selection of starters, main courses and puddings. Had three courses and 4 pints of beer, came to £26

As I live in sandy, no need to comment on the rooms :)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SteveLiddle
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Basic accommodation at a basic price. There were no frills but there was a friendly welcome and an (unexpectedly) comfortable bed. Yes there is some road noise but it certainly did not stop me from sleeping.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family