Days Inn Sandy
The Crown Hotel(Biggleswade)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2014

There is no air-con; the windows do open, but it is VERY noisy alongside the A1 with the window open. There is a room fan which helps.
Room is clean and well-laid out and everything worked well. Milk ration is a little sparse. Bed is comfortable, linen/towels clean and plentiful. Bathroom has everything you need, but the water pressure is terrible and when adjacent rooms flush the loo, your shower cuts out! Power shower it is NOT.
As the other reviewers agree, the hotel is tired and needs redecoration and hopefully air-con and a water storage system retro-fitted.
Breakfast was not very hot despite the buffet layout. Dinner was well-cooked and plentiful.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Choose the even numbers for the car park side rather than the odd numbers that face the A1.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Florrie921
RebeccaGM, General Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Florrie

Thank you for taking the time in order to post your recent experience online. I'm delighted to hear that you were very impressed with our dinner service, quality as well as our facility. Its great to hear that you found all team members helpful and polite, we always pride ourselves on our customer service.

I am very sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with the shower pressure, I am currently investigating this matter in order to rectify it as soon as possible. In regards to breakfast I can confirm that we have changed the lay out as well as invested in new hot holding cabinets in order to improve the quality of our breakfast.

We hope to welcome you back soon to share some of these changes with us.

Holiday inn Garden Court Sandy

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Couple of complaints we booked online six weeks ago and booked a double room with breakfast.
Now overall a nice looking place but the rooms where tiered last year and are no better today.
Upon booking in got to the room which had two single beds rang reception and they just where not interested as they say when you book online the room you ask for/but also pay for is only an indication or preference as to what you will basically be given? They also said they where at maximum capacity so no other rooms available. Ok no worries.
Now the thing I think everyone should be on the lookout for as was this a one off or does it happen often!?
Breakfast two people running around adjusting cups ect but avoiding the diners, I eventually asked if they where taking orders for breakfasts, reply no breakfast today as the chief hadn't turned up but help yourself to toast? There was also cereal but no milk, there had been juice but this had all gone and haven't and wasn't replenished as they had run out, also an empty fruit bowl but there was some cheese and plain yoghurt
,now we paid for full breakfast not toast, booked out and complained to no avail they werent interested lady said they where very busy and short staffed however I do wonder if this was a one off if not then what a good little money spinner charging for something they do not provide, so not a happy bunny.
And free wifi didn't work in our room two devices tried but failed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Nadine W, Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback, we try and notify guest via a traffic light system when our busiest times are, due to the hotel being fully booked and the demand for breakfast being rather great, however not every one chooses to use the information provided.

We do replenish items when they run out and there are on occasions a short wait for some of the items being replenished. Please accept my apology for being inconvenienced during this time.

We also operate a hospitality promise, this means by contacting the manager on duty we will ensure that we do our best to attend to the issue.

We have taken on board all comments and we strive to better our service and product by using your feedback.

N.Wilkinson

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stopped here a few times over the years and it represents a budget stay close toLondon, not the newest hotel but always friendly and helpful staff, beware though no air con so last week it was hot and they provided a fan in the room though I preferred to open the window even though the A1 runs close by,.

The hotel is clean and tidy and the small town of Sandy 10 mins walk away has some nice bars and restaurants.

If you are on a budget and can't stomach London prices give it a go.

Room Tip: Get a back facing room here over wise the road noise could annoy
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RebeccaGM, Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Dave,

Thank you for taking the time in order to share your recent experience as well as thoughts on our establishment.

Myself and my team pride ourselves on customer service and therefor I am delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations in relation to the service provided to yourself.

I can confirm that we are currently running a in house maintenance / refresh programme which should be bring a fresher appearance to the hotel and we hope to welcome you back soon in order to experience this for yourself.

Thank you for your time and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed at the Hotel for the Abba Tribute and was overwhelmed by the fantastic service i received they were very friendly, the rooms are dated and could do with a renovation but they are very comfortable. The only downside to my stay was the moody receptionist who checked us out if she smiled her face would crack !!!!!!!! Well worth a stop over or for an event.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
RebeccaGM, General Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Tony,

Thank you for your time in posting your views based on your recent experience. I'm delighted to hear that we exceeded your expectations in regards to service and facilities. I can confirm that we are currently in the process of brining the rooms up to date with a in house maintenance / refresh programme.

Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back for another tribute night soon.

Holiday inn Garden Court Sandy

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I read a lot of bad reviews about this hotel prior to my stay however I did not experience any of the 'horrors' mentioned.
The staff weren't rude, the room wasn't scruffy, the shower and bath were fine, the bed wasn't hard and lumpy and the food in the restaurant was fine.
I had no issues whatsoever with my stay and actually quite enjoyed it.

Room Tip: I was in 58 and that was absolutely fine
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
RebeccaGM, General Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to share your facts about your recent stay with us. I am nothing but delighted to see that we have ticked your every box!

Its great to know that you had a enjoyable stay and that we exceeded your expectations on every level in regards to all aspects of our establishment.

Thank you for sharing your message with the online world.

We hope to welcome you back real soon,
Kind Regards